MCMBA: Maybury

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Postby BLOOMIS914 » September 30th, 2008, 12:03 pm

Agree with Dirt Devil that this does totally slow your momentum through this nice flowing part of the trail but as with everything in life, things must change. I am not against log piles at all....Just in my case, I was flying through that section and just was not looking far enough down the trail and was not prepared for it. I am definitely grateful that someone took the time to pile up some smaller logs around it if in fact it was a down tree , because I would have nailed the tree across the trail even under heavy braking.

Lesson learned to always pay attention even on trails you think you know inside and out.
"Speed doesn't kill, it is the sudden stop that gets you"
BLOOMIS914

Postby Chrisf695 » September 30th, 2008, 9:26 pm

About that log pile.... i nailed it with a ton of speed last week not knowing it was there. I was ok and the bike was ok thankfully. So i didnt want any one else doing the same, so i put a couple of logs there. I personally dont like it and if i had a chain saw i would make how it was. But for now its ok considering i ride maybury 5 days a week. Cheers!
Chrisf695

Maybury

Postby MikeBl » October 1st, 2008, 5:56 pm

Had a chance to hit it at lunch today. A few areas of standing water that were easily avoided or hopped over. Surface was obviously moist but not greasy and very fast if aggressive but careful.
MikeBl

Re: Maybury

Postby hockeydaddy » October 2nd, 2008, 6:27 am

MikeBl wrote:Had a chance to hit it at lunch today. A few areas of standing water that were easily avoided or hopped over. Surface was obviously moist but not greasy and very fast if aggressive but careful.

If the water is on the trail,,,you must go through it and not around so not to widen the trail, Hopping over would work also!!! 8)
Some people are alive today simply because it's against the law to kill them.......
Mountain Biker

http://hockeydaddy.blogspot.com/

http://www.teamtreefarm.com/
hockeydaddy

Postby daffunda » October 3rd, 2008, 2:27 pm

so do maybury actually close the gates at dusk? or do they just close the gates at dusk when they feel like it? I really hate parking outside and riding in, as it almost seems like a suicide mission to bike on 8mile after dark with cars going 50+

I want to be able to park inside and night ride.
daffunda

Postby jlovett » October 5th, 2008, 6:03 pm

Rode the trail today and it was not as good as it was a few weeks ago. It's taken some good abuse from those who chose to ride it too soon after it rains. Bet those guy's don't show up at the trail days to fix their mess.
"Financing The American Dream, One Yard At A Time"

http://www.jlovett.com
RACING GREYHOUNDS
jlovett

Postby Happy2BRiding » October 5th, 2008, 6:24 pm

Dirtdevil wrote:the location of that logpile is a total momentum killer :evil:

:twisted:

I rode Saturday morning and I agree. If others like it, keep it, but IMO it's just a matter of time before a bandit line develops.
Happy2BRiding

Postby Sherpaboy » October 5th, 2008, 8:40 pm

so do maybury actually close the gates at dusk? or do they just close the gates at dusk when they feel like it? I really hate parking outside and riding in, as it almost seems like a suicide mission to bike on 8mile after dark with cars going 50+

I want to be able to park inside and night ride.

The park officially closes at Dusk. It is different from ILRA and PLRA where those are State Recreation Areas. Maybury is a State Park which is legislated differently. As for the closing the gate I don't think they have always been consistent in the past. Sometimes closed, other time not...But the risk of parking there at night is getting a ticket, or being locked in...or both :wink:

Why ride on 8 Mile ? Where are you starting at ?
Mike AKA Sherpaboy
Sherpaboy

Postby bender13 » October 5th, 2008, 9:29 pm

The park officially closes at Dusk. It is different from ILRA and PLRA where those are State Recreation Areas. Maybury is a State Park which is legislated differently. As for the closing the gate I don't think they have always been consistent in the past. Sometimes closed, other time not...But the risk of parking there at night is getting a ticket, or being locked in...or both :wink:

Why ride on 8 Mile ? Where are you starting at ?

We parked at the Novi Sports park at 8 mile and Napier. What is with the little paved parking? area on Garfield?

Trail was in great shape today.

Jeff
Trails-Edge Racing
National Mountain Bike Patrol
bender13

Postby CoachYork » October 7th, 2008, 7:58 pm

Just want to get a thanks/shout out to Rob (aka Cap't America) and Diane(?) for letting me ride with them. You guys set a great pace. Much obliged for letting me hang.
"You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later." Mitch Hedberg
CoachYork

Postby jlovett » October 9th, 2008, 3:58 pm

Anyone been out to Maybury today?
"Financing The American Dream, One Yard At A Time"

http://www.jlovett.com
RACING GREYHOUNDS
jlovett

Yea Maybury was nice today

Postby opselite275 » October 9th, 2008, 10:54 pm

I did a loop today and it was nice trail was in good shape minus a few small spots of mud and water. Feel free to check out my site.

www.foreverfittrainer.com
Make It A Great And Healthy Day!

Personal/Fitness Training In Downtown Northville

www.foreverfittrainer.com
opselite275

Postby risnewski » October 14th, 2008, 5:51 pm

The trail continues to be in great shape and the fall colors are spectacular. Great time to be at Maybury.
risnewski

Postby Brianh » October 17th, 2008, 8:25 pm

It was a little damp Thursday with standing water in a few places. Still not bad.
Brianh

Postby sklevorn » October 19th, 2008, 9:13 pm

Say goodbye to the momentum killing tree near Beck Rd. Trail is faster now.
sklevorn

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions