MCMBA: Maybury

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Postby GC » June 22nd, 2008, 6:59 am

Does anyone know what the trail conditions are for Sunday 6/22?
Last edited by GC on June 22nd, 2008, 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
GC

Postby marinman » June 26th, 2008, 1:49 pm

Any word on the trail conditions after all the rain this week?

My plan was to avoid, but... I have silm hope that it's rideable...
marinman

Postby daffunda » June 26th, 2008, 6:37 pm

I think it is rideable, but it comes at a price of gunking up your drivetrain and in some cases, extreme amount of donation to your LBS. :lol:

There has been some heavy downpours, so I think it is good to avoid. I think it will continue like this until next week.
daffunda

Postby bergsteiger » June 26th, 2008, 9:55 pm

Went for a ride out there early this afternoon with my wife. There are puddles along the way and a few nasty spots. There are also a few greasy corners.
But other sections are fine. Depending on how much rain fell this afternoon it might be best to avoid for a few dry days.

I think that they have gotten more rain out there than over here in Troy the last few days. If I had known I would have went somewhere else.
bergsteiger

Postby Sherpaboy » June 27th, 2008, 9:16 am

Please take a few days off from riding Maybury...

I didn't think I needed to post this, but obviously people don't have the common sense to realizes that even with the hail, gail force winds,and tons of rain we received on Monday& Wednesday the potential for muddy trails.

Here is a rule of thumb. If it rains hard - 48 hours min before tracking out there. If it rains again during that 48 hours add 24hrs more to it for each day it rains.

So by Saturday possibly...But Sunday would be a much better chance of a dry trail.
Mike AKA Sherpaboy
Sherpaboy

Postby mbrown3 » June 27th, 2008, 9:45 am

Sherpaboy wrote:Please take a few days off from riding Maybury...

I didn't think I needed to post this, but obviously people don't have the common sense to realizes that even with the hail, gail force winds,and tons of rain we received on Monday& Wednesday the potential for muddy trails.

Here is a rule of thumb. If it rains hard - 48 hours min before tracking out there. If it rains again during that 48 hours add 24hrs more to it for each day it rains.

So by Saturday possibly...But Sunday would be a much better chance of a dry trail.

Except we will be getting another storm tonight. This weathe sucks!
mbrown3

Postby daffunda » June 27th, 2008, 11:12 am

Sherpaboy wrote:Please take a few days off from riding Maybury...

Couldn't agree more.

Makes me wonder, if the Maybury race was tomorrow, would the race be still on under such conditions? Going off on a tangent, the stony marathon is tomorrow, and looks like they're going to do it anyways regardless of the weather/conditions. (More rain in forecast tonight and saturday :roll: ) Stream crossing is one thing, but paying 30-40 dollars to participate in a mudfest?? No thanks.... :lol: More money to the LBS! :lol:
daffunda

Postby scat silvurz » June 27th, 2008, 11:32 am

Since the Maybury TT is a "trail benefit", whether you decide to race after paying your fee, or not, due to weather conditions - is up to you - the proceeds still go toward helping the trail.

That's the upshot of doing "trail benefit" type races...
Five fingers, three chords, and one *beep*.....!
scat silvurz

Postby daffunda » June 27th, 2008, 3:09 pm

So excuse my ignorance, but what does the tailwind one go to?
daffunda

Postby Nelg » June 27th, 2008, 3:30 pm

The promoters pocket and usually some kick backs to the park.

We now return you to a thread about Trail Conditions not racing 101. :P
NMMBA Past President
http://facebook.com/nmmba
Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the stance nor representative of the MMBA or NMMBA.
Nelg

Postby ibisman » June 29th, 2008, 5:31 pm

Mud, and standing water in some corners. A fun ride anyway.Three laps in the high 30's and low 40's. No trees down.
Last edited by ibisman on June 29th, 2008, 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martyrs or marines
who do you think gets,,
the virgins?
USMC 1968-1972
32,845.5 total trail miles since 2002
TRAIL Miles for 2014--1809.9-. 2015 fatbike trail miles--:1416
2016 miles..... 228 1/2 :)

Co-trail coordinator Lakeview drive /Hines drive trails
ibisman

Postby Sherpaboy » June 30th, 2008, 10:17 pm

Trail is in great shape with the few old mud spots.

So please when you see these semi-dry mud spots ride through them to pack them down again. These areas have a play doh consistency and will smooth back out if we all ride them down.

There are a few sections that need more TLC than that...but this will help some of the little lesser issue spots.

Thanks
Mike AKA Sherpaboy
Sherpaboy

Postby johnnyg » July 3rd, 2008, 11:10 am

Anyone know if Maybury will be rideable this afternoon? Did it too much rain or wind (downed trees)?
John Gonway-- insert signature here
johnnyg

Postby marinman » July 3rd, 2008, 2:12 pm

IIt rained hard yesterday for several hours. I don't see it being ridable until Friday (at the soonest).
marinman

Postby Sherpaboy » July 3rd, 2008, 2:22 pm

It rained very hard last night...Hines has sections that are nearly flooded. I think the same rule as mentioned several post ago is 48 hours after any rain, add 24 hours for each additional day of rain. The Rouge river is at some of the highest depths I have seen in a long time.

BTW it was still raining this morning :roll: :wink:
Mike AKA Sherpaboy
Sherpaboy

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions