MCMBA: Maybury

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Maybury

Postby Loren » June 13th, 2013, 9:30 am

There's a private weather station just a mile or so east of the trail at http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstat ... =KMINORTH3 that reported 1.2 inches of rain overnight.
Loren

Postby jlovett » June 13th, 2013, 10:17 am

barry1me wrote:Did maybury area get a lot of rain last night? I would like to ride today if its not to bad

I'd wait until tomorrow. There was a lot of rain last night and I live right by the park.
"Financing The American Dream, One Yard At A Time"

http://www.jlovett.com
RACING GREYHOUNDS
jlovett

Postby ggt1_02 » June 13th, 2013, 12:23 pm

barry1me wrote:Did maybury area get a lot of rain last night? I would like to ride today if its not to bad

I was on the trail when it began last night around 6 and finished the last mile at a snails pace. It was greasy before the rain I can imagine it will be bad for the trail to ride today. It was nice to see several people start on the trail in the rain though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
"Demonstrate to the world there is "No Better Friend, No Worse Enemy" than a U.S. Marine." General James N. Mattis 2003
ggt1_02

Postby canibike » June 15th, 2013, 11:46 am

Plan on riding the trail with my family for fathers day, I was wondering how the conditions are.
canibike

Postby sisu » June 15th, 2013, 12:59 pm

Good shape, except for a few greasy spots (some in corners, so keep a lookout). Some sections need trimming as per usual.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
sisu

Postby slukomski » June 16th, 2013, 2:34 pm

Really wet this morning. Did some trail clearing and had to step across many puddles. Will probably need a day (maybe two) to dry out.
2012 Scott Scale 29 Elite
slukomski

Postby DNR_Maybury » June 16th, 2013, 10:49 pm

"Really wet this morning. Did some trail clearing and had to step across many puddles. Will probably need a day (maybe two) to dry out."

A mountain biker worth his weight in gold, Thanks for helping with trail maintenance slukomski!
Trevor McGinn
Lead Worker
Maybury State Park
DNR_Maybury

Postby CraveSingletrack » June 17th, 2013, 11:57 am

Anyone been out today? Drying at all?
CraveSingletrack

Postby deezler » June 18th, 2013, 8:35 am

Maybury was in great shape last night, should be good to go for the rest of the week, barring any unexpected downpours.

Only a handful of moist spots yesterday, most had a well defined and dry wheel path through 'em. Couple of stray mud blobs on my legs after the ride is all.

And only the last mile needs some trimming. Thanks to anyone who helped out on the first 5 miles, it was awesome!

Since the TC and DNR keep an eye on this thread, may I politely ask, is there any possibility of adding another mile or two to the trail? Studying the trail map and google aerial view, I see a couple neglected/empty zones of the park adjacent to the existing MTB trail for possible expansion (that would not have to cross a horse or hiking trail, and avoid the swamps/ponds). Don't get me wrong, I love the trail as is, but getting to 8 or 9 miles long would just be so rad. Just curious if this idea conflicts with the park master plan in any way. Happy to post pics of my ideas if desired.
deezler

Postby sisu » June 18th, 2013, 4:13 pm

Oh, man, would a few more miles be sweet. Puhleeezzzzzz!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
sisu

Postby chisbang » June 18th, 2013, 9:29 pm

More miles is on the wish list for sure but there are many hurdles. Counting the horse, hiking and biking trails Maybury already has more miles of trail per square mile of park than any other state park.
Don Chisholm
Assistant Trail Coordinator Maybury State Park
Maybury hermit; keeping an eye on the trail.
chisbang

Postby bentmettle » June 18th, 2013, 10:21 pm

I'm going to try to get out for a couple of hours next week and take care of the few (small) stumps that remain in the the trail. Besides trimming back Autmn Olice and Honeysuckle and a couple of low leaners, things are reasonably dialed?
/\/\att |3ushore
Another Assistant Trail Coordinator - Maybury State Park

http://www.bentmettle.com
bentmettle

Postby chisbang » June 19th, 2013, 5:26 am

Great, Thanks! Where are the leaners?
Don Chisholm
Assistant Trail Coordinator Maybury State Park
Maybury hermit; keeping an eye on the trail.
chisbang

Postby turbotodd » June 19th, 2013, 6:35 am

trail was great last night. whoever trimmed recently did a good job
turbotodd

Postby b_b » June 19th, 2013, 7:15 am

turbotodd wrote:trail was great last night. whoever trimmed recently did a good job

Almost didn't ride thinking it would be muddy, but glad I changed my mind. :) Only standing water was to the right of the rock pile and avoidable if you go over the rocks. Should have known, but I've pinch flatted on that pile a couple times and didn't check my pressure yesterday.
b_b

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments