For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Postby galaxydean » May 30th, 2008, 8:43 pm

There is poison ivy all over Maybury.
Good luck
dean
galaxydean

Watch your face

Postby jumpstumper » June 1st, 2008, 6:51 pm

I rode yesterday (5/31). The trail was fairly dry despite all the rain on Friday night. Some of the greenery was getting a bit out of control. There were some major league face slappers around the 1.0 to 1.5 mile marks. Thank goodness for brimmed helmets and glasses. The rest of the trail was pretty good.
Specialized Epic Marathon (Trails)
Specialized Tarmac Comp Rival (Road)
Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp (Spare Parts)
jumpstumper

Re: Watch your face

Postby jrshome » June 2nd, 2008, 6:27 am

jumpstumper wrote:I rode yesterday (5/31). The trail was fairly dry despite all the rain on Friday night. Some of the greenery was getting a bit out of control. There were some major league face slappers around the 1.0 to 1.5 mile marks. Thank goodness for brimmed helmets and glasses. The rest of the trail was pretty good.

I will agree with the face slappers, i was out this weekend and the first section of the trail is getting full of them. They have grown quick, I was just out their a couple of weeks ago and don't remember them.
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together..."
-- Carl Zwanzig
jrshome

maybury

Postby Chef Dave » June 2nd, 2008, 8:03 am

I don't suppose you guys would consider "face slappers" a feature???????
Just Kidding! I am on a massive work schedule until the 17th of June! I will try to fix it at that point. :shock:
MMBA Trail Coordinator for Maybury State Park and Titus Racer X rider.
Chef Dave

Postby G.Cook » June 2nd, 2008, 8:33 am

or jrshome and jumpstumper could go back out with some loppers to deal with the face slapers and hey...earn some trail care hours ..........just say'en ya know :wink:
G.Cook

Postby froggyrider » June 2nd, 2008, 9:17 am

I'll be out for an early lap tonight before the regular ride so I'll bring my portable clippers and clip as I ride.
froggyrider

Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. Dorothy Parker

Postby weida » June 2nd, 2008, 10:47 am

When is some brilliant mechanical engineer going to come up with an MTB attachment to pull behind you to do this automatically?!? :lol:
weida

Postby jrshome » June 2nd, 2008, 10:53 am

G.Cook wrote:or jrshome and jumpstumper could go back out with some loppers to deal with the face slapers and hey...earn some trail care hours ..........just say'en ya know :wink:

Trail feature right :D

If I find some time this weekend, I could walk through with some loppers. We are all in the same situation, not enough time in the day. :(
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together..."
-- Carl Zwanzig
jrshome

Postby jrshome » June 2nd, 2008, 11:30 am

jrshome wrote:
G.Cook wrote:or jrshome and jumpstumper could go back out with some loppers to deal with the face slapers and hey...earn some trail care hours ..........just say'en ya know :wink:

Trail feature right :D

If I find some time this weekend, I could walk through with some loppers. We are all in the same situation, not enough time in the day. :(

Just to clarify, I was definatly not complaining about the up keep on this trail. This a great trail that has some dedicated TC's, :) I was just suprized at how fast this trail has closed in this year. This was just trimmed up at the trail day not to long ago.
-- Carl Zwanzig
jrshome

Postby jumpstumper » June 2nd, 2008, 12:10 pm

My goodness, can anyone report trail conditions in this forum without coming under fire from the likes of ibisman and G.Cook!?! This is a trail conditions forum isn't it? Personally, I appreciate when people report on the conditions, so that I know when to avoid the trail.

Like jrshome, I was certainly not complaining about the work done by our trail coordinators. I fully appreciate what they do and feel that they do an incredible job. It's just information people.

Maybe next time out I will take some pruning shears with me. Sorry that I don't carry them on my back every ride.
Specialized Epic Marathon (Trails)
Specialized Tarmac Comp Rival (Road)
Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp (Spare Parts)
jumpstumper

Postby ibisman » June 2nd, 2008, 1:21 pm

*beep* What are you *beep* about me for? What did I do? I been laying low for a while and I still get *beep* at. You want face slappers? Do D loop at Highland.
Martyrs or marines
who do you think gets,,
the virgins?
USMC 1968-1972
32,845.5 total trail miles since 2002
TRAIL Miles for 2014--1809.9-. 2015 fatbike trail miles--:1416
2016 miles..... 228 1/2 :)

Co-trail coordinator Lakeview drive /Hines drive trails
ibisman

Postby G.Cook » June 2nd, 2008, 1:31 pm

Yeah , I got that you guys were reporting and not complaining .
Your report prompted froggyrder to take some loppers along with him on his ride tonight . Thats great !
It's that time of year , despite previous maintainence , when the "trail features" start to grow back in with a vengence on some section of any trail .
Why avoid a trail becuase someone reported face slappers ? Be proactive like froggy and take some prunners along on THAT ride .
Me and Ibesman ? Your "coming under fire" from me because I made a suggestion YOU take some personal responsibility in helping to keep a trail clear ? jrshome response was on the money . Yours ....ah well , I'm not the I-man so you get a free pass .
G.Cook

Postby G.Cook » June 2nd, 2008, 1:32 pm

:oops: Too late . Now you did it . :lol:
Ya see , I"M the "IMBA Trail Nazi " and I-man .......well he ain't . :)
G.Cook

Postby froggyrider » June 2nd, 2008, 2:06 pm

G.Cook wrote:Yeah , I got that you guys were reporting and not complaining .
Your report prompted froggyrder to take some loppers along with him on his ride tonight . Thats great !
It's that time of year , despite previous maintainence , when the "trail features" start to grow back in with a vengence on some section of any trail .
Why avoid a trail becuase someone reported face slappers ? Be proactive like froggy and take some prunners along on THAT ride .
Me and Ibesman ? Your "coming under fire" from me because I made a suggestion YOU take some personal responsibility in helping to keep a trail clear ? jrshome response was on the money . Yours ....ah well , I'm not the I-man so you get a free pass .

I am a she, btw. :wink:
froggyrider

Location: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. Dorothy Parker

Postby G.Cook » June 2nd, 2008, 6:43 pm

:oops: Go mediavel on the face slappers froggy and thanks !
G.Cook

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions