CRAMBA: Bloomer

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Bloomer

Postby bergsteiger » June 1st, 2015, 10:36 am

For sure, it will be muddy.
Heading out tuesday to do some work on some bad spots and do a general check. I will most likely be on foot so not expecting to be able to check the whole trail until later this week, to give time for drying.
bergsteiger

Postby bergsteiger » June 2nd, 2015, 9:47 pm

was out doing work today. Got the fallen tree just into the single track after the rail road grade. Thanks to Rick for stopping and helping get that monster cut and cleared.
I also worked on some drains for the muddy spots I ran into. It was also nice to talk to Paul an Keith out there too.

While I did not get to walk the whole trail, what I saw was surprisingly OK already. There will be some muddy spots so if you ride, please go straight through them.
I walked the upper ridge, areas by the switchbacks by the sledding hill, the switchbacks before the tech loop and a bit of the single track between the Railroad grade heading up towards the cricket field. I was also out taking some measurements of that one wet turn in the big switchbacks. That spot is currently the worst I saw, and quite mucky.
bergsteiger

Postby sammierose » June 5th, 2015, 2:52 pm

can anyone provide a status, trying to decide what my options are for riding in this area tomorrow with a friend in town from PA.
sammierose

Postby BK big fish » June 17th, 2015, 4:30 am

The trail is pretty good, except for the mud holes on the east side of the trail, at least those do not have any standing water. Face slappers are pretty bad all over.
BK big fish

Postby bergsteiger » June 24th, 2015, 11:28 pm

walked and trimmed the face slappers in the section from the railroad grade towards the cricket field. I made it to the uphill switchbacks. I also worked on a few of the mud holes

the worst mud I saw was right before and after the wooden bridge in the section above.

Hopefully I can get the power tools and arrange a haircut party next week perhaps.

for a conditions report aside from the mud spots that are generally drying, what I saw was better than expected. If the rain holds off or misses bloomer I hope to get out to scope the rest of the trail tomorrow.
bergsteiger

Postby BK big fish » June 25th, 2015, 6:49 am

AWESOME! Thanks Eric!
BK big fish

Postby bergsteiger » June 29th, 2015, 8:08 pm

Trail trim evening this wednesday July 1st. My plan is to start from the parking lot and try to hit as much of the trail as possible. Going to been near the Kiosk and plan to roll out at 5:30.
If anyone is going to be able to make it let me know.
So far I have picked up 2 combi trimmers with hedge trimmer ends from the CRAMBA tool trailer and can arrange for one more trimmer and possibly a walk behind trimmer if we have the people.
I do realize this is a bad week for family vacations so if you cannot make it this time hopefully you can make it out next time.
bergsteiger

Postby dinov » June 29th, 2015, 8:57 pm

Tree down at marker 16, going to need a chainsaw for this one .
2013 Specialized Camber Comp 29er
dinov

Postby bergsteiger » June 29th, 2015, 9:00 pm

dinov wrote:Tree down at marker 16, going to need a chainsaw for this one .

is it on the single track or double track?

thanks for the info
bergsteiger

Postby trebron » June 29th, 2015, 9:19 pm

bergsteiger wrote:

thanks for the info

End of the ridgeline single track as you come down to the double track, the last rooty drop. Its elevated across the drop and hard to see. I was coming down with speed getting ready to jump the roots and i saw it at the last second, VERY DANGEROUS!
"Always Out of Control, But Never Out of Beer"
trebron

Postby bergsteiger » June 30th, 2015, 10:28 am

trebron wrote:
bergsteiger wrote:

thanks for the info

End of the ridgeline single track as you come down to the double track, the last rooty drop. Its elevated across the drop and hard to see. I was coming down with speed getting ready to jump the roots and i saw it at the last second, VERY DANGEROUS!

thanks, I will try to get out and check it out tonight.
bergsteiger

Postby bergsteiger » Yesterday, 8:50 pm

bergsteiger wrote:
trebron wrote:
bergsteiger wrote:

thanks for the info

thanks, I will try to get out and check it out tonight.

The dangerous bit is cleared so you can bomb the last root part now. I did also make one cut and the larger part is now on the double track at the bottom instead of suspended.
I will let the park know on the remaining bit.

Dave came out and helped with trimming today, we made a decent dent in cleaning stuff up. Thanks again for the help!
If work goes ok I am planning to head out tomorrow evening again to try and get to some spots we did not make it to.

For the trail conditions, there are many greasy spots and muddy spots scattered through out the trail, ride right through them if you are out riding.
bergsteiger

Postby BK big fish » Today, 9:03 am

Thanks Eric, another tree down west of 12. BK
BK big fish

Postby bergsteiger » Today, 9:26 am

BK big fish wrote:Thanks Eric, another tree down west of 12. BK

dang Ash borer.... I will try to go take a look later today, as well as work on some more trimming
bergsteiger

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments