CRAMBA: Bloomer

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Bloomer

Postby Mrjackthepoodle » April 4th, 2015, 6:11 pm

Went and checked it out today. There were bikers out there today which is cool. Muddy in some spots and looks like its been ridden a little when its wet but pretty nice out there. Somebody has done some work since last year as there are changes to some sections. Watch out for fallen trees, had to move a few with my buddy went over bars once and almost got close lined really bad a second time. I would love to go work on those trails and maybe add some sections if anybody can point me in the direction of who I would need to contact for to do some help on the trails when their gonna be out there. Happy riding fellas, keep it safe and have fun!
Mrjackthepoodle

Postby BK big fish » April 6th, 2015, 5:40 am

Bloomer is 95% good to go! The switchbacks and the lower ridge are rutty/muddy, so some Fat bike traffic would be nice. Probably avoid those sections on Skinny tires. Not to much deadfall on the trail. Billy
BK big fish

Postby Mrjackthepoodle » April 6th, 2015, 8:41 am

Gonna try and roll out there today since yesterday was a bust, then hit lifetime to get some sets in. ^ my names Bill too btw :D. Thanks for the heads up.
Mrjackthepoodle

Postby bergsteiger » April 6th, 2015, 4:01 pm

going to be heading out today to do a survey of what is needed.

Then will work on plans and approvals and schedule a trail day.
bergsteiger

Postby bergsteiger » April 6th, 2015, 8:31 pm

went out and did a survey loop today.

In large the trail is in good shape and ready, there are a few spots. the worst spot is the bit of single track between the railroad grades (just after post 21). I would avoid that for a while longer as it is mostly cut up mud. The upper and lower ridge could use a bit more time as well to dry out a bit more (maybe some fatbike smoothing of the ruts that are there now). Also the mentioned big switchbacks are muddy in spots especially the now almost always wet seep.

Keep in mind with the predicted rain the next few days the trail will need several dry days after that to get back to where it is now.

Mrjackthepoodle/ Bill, where did you notice some new work? I rode the marked loop http://mmba.org/library/maps/bloomer/CRAMBA_Bloomer_2015-Mar-17.pdf and did not notice really much different from late last fall. Let me know I would like to go check.

I will be at the CRAMBA chapter meeting tomorrow is anyone wants to talk in person as well.
bergsteiger

Postby Mrjackthepoodle » April 6th, 2015, 8:58 pm

Bergsteiger, jeez I never EVER pay attention to numbers on trail markers and I don't remember all of what I saw. The biggest noticeable change was right after you are on the large hill by the river id say about 1 mile in you can take the trail down and around to the river and cross it or take the really steep decent down towards the river and cross over it. After you cross the river their used to be a nice log pile/hill that was fun to climb, it was only about 2 feet tall but still we used to love riding over it and that was marked and chainsawed, and right after that there are the wooden steps and the half cut log you can ride across, which was my first time noticing the stairs (even though they could have been there before) anyway maybe it was just that the pile was gone but I've ridden this trail a lot and couldn't believe I have never ridden the log...it was a blast. I noticed some other areas that had been marked and chainsawed but maybe just because it was a little clearer I just noticed things I hadn't before. After it drys out I will head out there and ride it again and see if I notice all I did the other day and take pictures. I would love to see more work done there, its such a great trail, it has such immense possibilities. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help or if you need another shovel on a day your going out there to do some work, I'll throw in a helping hand.
Mrjackthepoodle

Postby PK » April 7th, 2015, 4:32 am

Sounds like the optional tech tech loop down in the lowland before you head out and up to Art's Lungbuster.
It's a few years old now. Maybe the log pile got washed away?

Pete.
PK

Postby bergsteiger » April 7th, 2015, 7:12 am

Unsure exactly. The 2 log piles in the tech loop are still there. And yep the steps down to the log ride have been there for a few years now. I suspect that the other part is something not in the marked loop.

And I am working on getting a trail day lined up for here as well.
bergsteiger

Postby Mrjackthepoodle » April 7th, 2015, 8:12 am

Ya you guys know what I'm talking about, it's by the log steps, and no they definitely were chainsawed. Ain't no biggie right?
Mrjackthepoodle

Postby bergsteiger » April 15th, 2015, 9:01 pm

the trail has dried out nice. Right now the wet spots are the bit of trail next to the river between the railroad grades, and the one corner in the switchbacks.

I cut out the mess of a tree right near the bottom of the stairs as well.
bergsteiger

Postby BK big fish » April 24th, 2015, 1:18 pm

Thanks for removing that tree! another tree down right before getting into the upper ledge and trees down on the west side bandit trail.
BK big fish

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments