CRAMBA: Bloomer

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Bloomer

Postby bergsteiger » May 26th, 2016, 8:20 pm

It was not just me cutting that out. It took a bunch of folks
Mike, Eugine and Art, as well as 3-4 other people I did not get their names. they stopped by put some time cutting. Then after the one cut we moved a huge chunk of tree quite an amazing distance.

The wet corner in the switchbacks is still blocked but getting closer to being open. The park did get the second crossing opened sometime today. We moved the chunks of tree out of the way before starting on the first cut.

If anything else it up post it up and I can work on it next week.
bergsteiger

Postby ihateplaindave » May 27th, 2016, 9:45 am

The second section of the Lower Ridge trail is blocked by a downed tree. Looks like a chain saw issue.
ihateplaindave

Postby bergsteiger » July 20th, 2016, 9:23 pm

Phone found at Bloomer on the trail in the little switchbacks before the tech loop this evening, handed into the park workers. They said it would be in the office.

For a trail update I have other sections trimmed, and the low branch before the big switchbacks taken care of.
bergsteiger

Postby racer X » July 21st, 2016, 10:27 am

Thanks for your work trail is in great shape and lots of fun to ride.
racer X

Postby BK big fish » August 10th, 2016, 5:57 am

Bloomer is in great shape! Thanks to Eric there are no face slappers! Some one is also trimming the River ride, maybe Nick? Low tree after the Lung buster, get out and ride! BK
BK big fish

Postby lunge bob sweatpants » August 10th, 2016, 11:33 am

BK big fish wrote:Some one is also trimming the River ride, maybe Nick?

The first rule about the river trail is that no one talks about the river trail.

lunge bob sweatpants

Postby c0nsumer » August 10th, 2016, 11:41 am

The so-called River Trail isn't part of Bloomer. It's bandit trail built on property owned by Letica Plastics.
Steve Vigneau
Bald Mountain Trail Coordinator / Addison Oaks Co-Trail Coordinator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby BK big fish » August 10th, 2016, 11:46 am

I was talking about the River Ride, markers 18-19, the City of Rochester part of the trail. I haven't been on the Letica part since there was snow on the ground.

Lunge Bob, that's Fricken hilarious! BK
BK big fish

Postby bergsteiger » August 10th, 2016, 11:53 am

ah, the enchanted forest. A bandit/social trail on the city of rochester property. unsure exactly what gnome does that work out there, but I have a few guesses.
and Lunge bob's comment applies there too.

Will try to get out to check that low tree and maybe do more trimming this week, but on call for work so more likely next week for trimming.
bergsteiger

Postby Trance » August 16th, 2016, 2:11 pm

I rode the lower ridge, then from 22-the parking lot, then dropped in on the loop at 18. The only real mud was at the end of that loop at 18, right by the bottom of the stairs. I'm pretty sure that is always a bit muddy. After last night, it will obviously be soaked, but yesterday evening before the rain it was pretty nice. Hopefully it dries out quickly. There were a ton of deer out there.
Trance

Postby bergsteiger » August 16th, 2016, 3:01 pm

thanks for the update.
I am sure that after the heavy rain there will be mud and puddles in the normal places. Also expect some dirt/sand to have been moved around. if it does not rain more I may try to look thursday.
bergsteiger

Postby BK big fish » August 19th, 2016, 10:29 am

Bloomer was a little soft yesterday, skinny tires will leave surface ruts. BK
BK big fish

Postby onlycrimson » August 21st, 2016, 1:26 pm

Bloomer was good today with only the usual little puddles. There is a small tree down on the segment. That comes after you ride on the edge of the drop off and head back over the 2 track into a tighter section. It's too heavy to move but a hand saw would cut it.
onlycrimson

Postby c0nsumer » Yesterday, 9:37 pm

Best conditions I've ever seen. Switchbacks seemed really firm and smooth, sand at bottoms of hills was pretty well packed. Usual wet spots were a little soft but no bother. Really nice out there.
Steve Vigneau
Bald Mountain Trail Coordinator / Addison Oaks Co-Trail Coordinator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions