CRAMBA: Bloomer

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Bloomer

Postby bergsteiger » December 20th, 2015, 5:06 pm

All cleaned up.
thanks to Norbert, Chris, Phil and ?? who stopped, also thanks to the other 2 riders that stopped and just started helping out.
They said the trail was in good shape otherwise. I saw that some exposed ares had a bit of snot fromt eh afternoon thaw, but the leaf covered areas looked nice.
bergsteiger

Postby bergsteiger » December 26th, 2015, 5:40 pm

Bloomer was in actually good shape this afternoon before the rain hit. Some play-doh like spots but no muck. i did skip the section by the river between the rail road grades.
There were a few almost slick spots in 3-4 climbs (formerly slick but drying). The spot by the bottom of the big stairs was a mess and that will need to be fixed.
In general the leaf covered areas were great.

Depending on how much and how many days rain we get now give it a good few dry days at least to firm back up.
bergsteiger

Postby BK big fish » January 1st, 2016, 4:55 pm

Careful on the bridges, I forgot how slick they are with a coating of snow. Eric, we definitely need some chicken wire! I went down hard! Billy
BK big fish

Postby BK big fish » January 2nd, 2016, 6:09 pm

Avoid Bloomer until it freezes up again. Lots of deep ruts on the soft spots that the sun hits. BK
BK big fish

Postby tjdog800 » January 2nd, 2016, 8:01 pm

It'll freeze up tonight... Ride early... Before the thaw if temps are projected to climb.
tjdog800

Postby SteamDriven » January 16th, 2016, 2:15 pm

Ridable. Anything heavily walked is polished ice but is mostly on the straightaways. If we get some snow tonight it may cover the ice and then u won't see it making it worse. But worth getting out. CRT could be used by the NHL!
The guy with the black Crave and weird accent... Usually found at the back!
SteamDriven

Postby BK big fish » January 17th, 2016, 5:11 pm

Did a few laps, even rode the trails out of the park property, not to icy, but slow for sure. Avoid the 2 track from 16-9, solid ice that cant even be walked on safely. Bruise to prove that theory. Hikers ruin any sort of shot we had at smooth ride. BK
BK big fish

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments