CRAMBA: Bloomer

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Bloomer

Postby bergsteiger » April 17th, 2014, 8:07 pm

well we rode about half the trail today, but ran out of light. The small bit of single track by the river was the worst on what we saw. We rode the section from the old RR grade up to the cricket field. I cut out 6 trees and moved a few other leaners. there are still 2 trees down, both worthy of a larger saw than I had with me today. One right after the longer bridge and another just before the uphill switchbacks. Most of this section was fine, there were a few mud holes and stretches of soft ground, there are also small sticks everywhere.

We also exited via the big switchback and lower ridge, there is a tree down on each. The tree on the big switchbacks is blocking the trail in 2 places (was 3), but we were running out of light to get the rest of that one done. Surface wise most of this section was fine to soft but not muddy, just that one wet corner in the large switchbacks is a mess.
The tree towards the east end of the lower ridge is really *beep* big, not terrible long but very wide.

I hope to get back out tomorrow to survey the rest and continue cutting out trees.
Last edited by bergsteiger on April 18th, 2014, 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bergsteiger

Re: CRAMBA: Bloomer

Postby Jen_Smith11 » Yesterday, 9:49 am

Yikes! Sounds like a mess! Thanks for the update.
live in the now

Trek Mamba 29er
Trek Lexa SLX
Jen_Smith11

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments