CRAMBA: Bloomer

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Bloomer

Postby johnboy » October 3rd, 2013, 8:26 pm

ilikenature wrote:Rode Bloomer for my first time today. Pretty nice trail. Question: I encountered a couple of what I would consider to be quite large drops/decents. Went down one and walked/slid down another. Are those part of the trail or just cut out out from erosion?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I had the same problem too! yesterday was my 1st time out there as well. seems like a gr8 place to master some steep drops
johnboy

Postby i69whitey » October 4th, 2013, 6:37 am

Did a little bit of marking at bloomer last night to get ready for the massive ride. I found the yellow Carsonite signs are pretty good, but also was a little confused at the top of lungbuster as I ALWAYS stay on the singletrack. There's also a split up by the soccer fields right after a road crossing that could use a sign, but all said it seems well done.
DISCLAIMER: I only put very small arrows down, not the orange dots that seem to be on everything including benches. Also, no rocks or roots were painted by me.

Trail was tacky and fast though, get out and ride!

-whitey
"...So whether you have got 29-, 26- or 20-inch wheels, whether you ride XC or DH, whether you've got boobs or balls, i hear you. Let's go ride." - Rachel Atherton
"Ride your bike, sleep when your dead." - dirt
http://thehubofdetroit.org/
i69whitey

Postby ilikenature » October 4th, 2013, 4:00 pm

johnboy wrote:
ilikenature wrote:Rode Bloomer for my first time today. Pretty nice trail. Question: I encountered a couple of what I would consider to be quite large drops/decents. Went down one and walked/slid down another. Are those part of the trail or just cut out out from erosion?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I had the same problem too! yesterday was my 1st time out there as well. seems like a gr8 place to master some steep drops

Yeah, I was just curious if it was part of the intended trail route. All of the YouTube videos I saw didn't have the downhill drops included in the loops.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2
ilikenature

Postby PK » October 4th, 2013, 4:14 pm

There is no legal, approved, or mapped downhill trail sections at Bloomer as far as this IMBA-sanctioned chapter is concerned.

Pete.
PK

Postby ilikenature » October 4th, 2013, 4:35 pm

PK wrote:There is no legal, approved, or mapped downhill trail sections at Bloomer as far as this IMBA-sanctioned chapter is concerned.

Pete.

I took a couple of wrong turns then.
Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2
ilikenature

Postby mr_opjones » October 4th, 2013, 8:16 pm

No downhill, who would want to ride a trail that only goes uphill?!
GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE!!

Replace Why with How
mr_opjones

Postby utabintarbo » October 4th, 2013, 10:32 pm

mr_opjones wrote:No downhill, who would want to ride a trail that only goes uphill?!

Steve Kinley ;)
utabintarbo

Postby Sortaslow » October 4th, 2013, 10:40 pm

utabintarbo wrote:
mr_opjones wrote:No downhill, who would want to ride a trail that only goes uphill?!

Steve Kinley ;)

I heard he's planning on removing all downhills at lohs!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
Sortaslow

Postby bergsteiger » October 10th, 2013, 8:50 pm

Bloomer was all clear this evening. many sections were leaf covered. There were only a few wet muddy soft spots,the worst was right after the longer bridge just up from the railroad grade.
bergsteiger

Postby jalopy jockey » October 11th, 2013, 11:01 am

Kirby wrote:
madmike23 wrote:Where do you park for a night ride? Does Bloomer close their gates at 9:00?

The park closes at 8:00pm. I usually park at the corner of Avon & Rochester. Gives me a good 2 mile warm-up before I hit bloomer.

Sign said 7:30 yesterday. Days is getting shorter.
I guess I'm lacking mental clarity because I don't smoke pot. " - Di Bear
jalopy jockey

Postby bergsteiger » October 15th, 2013, 10:57 am

happened to have lost my planet bike superflash rear light at Bloomer last thursday. With the leaves it is likely gone, but if anyone finds one let me know. the clear lens version by the way.
bergsteiger

Postby Kirby » October 24th, 2013, 8:34 am

There is a small tree down at the end of the trail (Near the Clinton River trail intersection). Otherwise, the trail is great.
2011 Specialized S-Works Stumpjumper HT
2013 Salsa El Mariachi Single Speed - Limited Edition
2013 Salsa Vaya 2
2014 Specialized Crux Expert
Kirby

Postby Steve_Kinley » October 24th, 2013, 9:13 am

I heard he's planning on removing all downhills at lohs!

There are no downhills at LOHS, nothing to remove :)
Hammer Nutrition Endurance Fuels and Supplements
Save 15% off your first order by clicking the link below!
http://www.hammernutrition.com/affiliates/34155
http://www.miscabike.org
Steve_Kinley

Postby lunge bob sweatpants » October 29th, 2013, 6:40 am

Not sure if anyone has seen this yet:

http://rochester.patch.com/groups/polic ... wsRef=true

Assault, Possible Attempted Robbery Reported at Bloomer Park
Sheriff's officials: Man reportedly knocked woman to ground after asking for help.

Posted by John McKay (Editor) , October 27, 2013 at 11:44 PM

A 26-year-old woman who was exercising on the stairs Sunday at Bloomer Park in Rochester Hills was reportedly assaulted by a man, according to the Oakland County Sheriff's Office.

According to the department, the woman was approached by a man who told her his friend had left him and asked if she could show him back to a main road. When the woman and man left the area near the stairs and walked into a wooded area nearby, the man knocked the woman to the ground, according to Sheriff's officials. The woman then kicked the man in the shins and a struggle ensued and the man was last seen fleeing on foot, according to the department.

According to Sheriff's officials, the woman believes the man might have been trying to steal her cellular phone. The woman was not injured in the altercation.

Sheriff's deputies and a police dog searched the area but were unable to find the man, who is described as Middle Eastern, in his early 20s, 5-foot-6 or 5-foot-7 and wearing a black North Face jacket and black pants with a white vertical stripe on each leg, according to the department.
lunge bob sweatpants

Postby PK » November 1st, 2013, 4:50 am

PK

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments