CRAMBA: Bloomer

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Bloomer

Postby Steve_Kinley » September 6th, 2013, 9:07 pm

Thanks for the trail work
Hammer Nutrition Endurance Fuels and Supplements
Save 15% off your first order by clicking the link below!
http://www.hammernutrition.com/affiliates/34155
http://www.miscabike.org
Steve_Kinley

Postby bergsteiger » September 19th, 2013, 7:18 am

Went out last night.
There is a tree down in the lung buster, then a low hanger/leaner in the last bit of single track before the big switchbacks.
I am going to try and get out this evening to take care of those.

other than that the trail was open and nice.
bergsteiger

Postby bergsteiger » September 19th, 2013, 8:24 pm

bergsteiger wrote:Went out last night.
There is a tree down in the lung buster, then a low hanger/leaner in the last bit of single track before the big switchbacks.

Cut out these two trees this evening. Thanks to Ron (I hope I remembered your name right) who helped with the pesky one that kept binding my saw. The low hanger was really good to cut out as it was barely hanging waiting to fall, better to get it out before it hurt anyone.

As far as I know the trail should be clear.
bergsteiger

Postby madmike23 » September 23rd, 2013, 9:58 am

Where do you park for a night ride? Does Bloomer close their gates at 9:00?
madmike23

Postby Kirby » September 23rd, 2013, 10:20 am

madmike23 wrote:Where do you park for a night ride? Does Bloomer close their gates at 9:00?

The park closes at 8:00pm. I usually park at the corner of Avon & Rochester. Gives me a good 2 mile warm-up before I hit bloomer.
2011 Specialized S-Works Stumpjumper HT
2013 Salsa El Mariachi Single Speed - Limited Edition
2013 Salsa Vaya 2
2014 Specialized Crux Expert
Kirby

Postby Kirby » September 23rd, 2013, 10:22 am

bergsteiger wrote:
bergsteiger wrote:Went out last night.

Cut out these two trees this evening. Thanks to Ron (I hope I remembered your name right) who helped with the pesky one that kept binding my saw. The low hanger was really good to cut out as it was barely hanging waiting to fall, better to get it out before it hurt anyone.

As far as I know the trail should be clear.

Thanks! I think I saw you that night on the trail. Scared the crap out of me! Let me know if you ever need help. I am on Bloomer a lot and would love to return the favor.
2011 Specialized S-Works Stumpjumper HT
2013 Salsa El Mariachi Single Speed - Limited Edition
2013 Salsa Vaya 2
2014 Specialized Crux Expert
Kirby

Postby mr_opjones » September 23rd, 2013, 10:22 am

Kirby wrote:
madmike23 wrote:Where do you park for a night ride? Does Bloomer close their gates at 9:00?

The park closes at 8:00pm. I usually park at the corner of Avon & Rochester. Gives me a good 2 mile warm-up before I hit bloomer.

Or on 2nd/letica

http://goo.gl/maps/wdxRF
GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE!!

Replace Why with How
mr_opjones

Postby jalopy jockey » September 23rd, 2013, 11:11 am

My driveway. :mrgreen:

And Bloomer does close and lock thier gates. They come through and tell everyone in the parking lots play ground, cricket field etc it's time to go and lock up. The time follows the sun. Was 10, was 8 a couple weeks ago, There are days that the parking lot isn't even open in the winter. We went to go sledding one day at noon and they were closed.
I guess I'm lacking mental clarity because I don't smoke pot. " - Di Bear
jalopy jockey

Postby lunge bob sweatpants » September 23rd, 2013, 11:28 am

Kirby wrote:

I believe what is posted is that the park closes at dusk. I've seen it closed earilier or later depending on the employee that closes the gate.
lunge bob sweatpants

Postby madmike23 » September 23rd, 2013, 2:07 pm

mr_opjones wrote:
Kirby wrote:

Or on 2nd/letica

Is there parking over there, ior do you just park on the side of the road? I am unfamiliar with that area. it looks like you can ride right into Bloomer from there.
madmike23

Postby bergsteiger » September 23rd, 2013, 2:11 pm

madmike23 wrote:
mr_opjones wrote:
Kirby wrote:

Or on 2nd/letica

Is there parking over there, ior do you just park on the side of the road? I am unfamiliar with that area. it looks like you can ride right into Bloomer from there.

there is a lot there. right on the Clinton River trail, then right into Bloomer.
bergsteiger

Postby lunge bob sweatpants » September 23rd, 2013, 4:22 pm

lunge bob sweatpants wrote:
Kirby wrote:

I believe what is posted is that the park closes at dusk. I've seen it closed earilier or later depending on the employee that closes the gate.

Well, I'm wrong. It's posted on the "gate" that the park closes at 8pm. I do believe that it changes to dusk closing...not sure exactly when.
lunge bob sweatpants

Postby Lateapex36 » September 30th, 2013, 9:30 am

Went and rode bloomer saturday and the trail was in great shape, a little bit of mud on the initial climb section but that seems to always be there. I have only made it through lung buster normaly when we ride there and maybe its just me but I got completely lost right after that saturday. I know you come up near the velodrome after that section but then I dont see any other yellow markings for MTB trail. after looking at the map it seems I'm supposed to stay right then find more single track but perhaps another sign or 2 wouldnt hurt. We stayed on the 2 track and did pass 12 where the upper ridge trail is but didnt see a sign there either so I wasnt sure where to go. I'm sure once you know where you are going its not to hard but for someone new to that trail its a bit confusing.
2013 Trek Mamba
Stony, Maybury, River Bends, Bloomer
Lateapex36

Postby bergsteiger » October 1st, 2013, 10:26 pm

Lateapex36 wrote:Went and rode bloomer saturday and the trail was in great shape, a little bit of mud on the initial climb section but that seems to always be there. I have only made it through lung buster normaly when we ride there and maybe its just me but I got completely lost right after that saturday. I know you come up near the velodrome after that section but then I dont see any other yellow markings for MTB trail. after looking at the map it seems I'm supposed to stay right then find more single track but perhaps another sign or 2 wouldnt hurt. We stayed on the 2 track and did pass 12 where the upper ridge trail is but didnt see a sign there either so I wasnt sure where to go. I'm sure once you know where you are going its not to hard but for someone new to that trail its a bit confusing.

I went out to check up the trail today. At the end of the lung buster there is a carsonite sign pointing right, but there is one Y intersection that could use a sign, between that point at a 4 way intersection there is a carsonite sign pointing right on a 2 track, the another sign pointing left onto the single track. That leads to post 12. You can also go straight down the 2 track to post 12 too.

That all said we do have a proposal in to update the markings on the white numbered posts, to bring it in line with the yellow carsonite. We also have plans for a re-route in that area as well so marking will likely need to be updated/adjusted near there as well.

For a general trail update the trail is clear, there are a few soft spots on the single track coming up from the railroad grade. Also some areas are damp and leaf covered but not really wet.
Great fall conditions go out and enjoy the trail.
bergsteiger

Postby ilikenature » October 3rd, 2013, 7:26 pm

Rode Bloomer for my first time today. Pretty nice trail. Question: I encountered a couple of what I would consider to be quite large drops/decents. Went down one and walked/slid down another. Are those part of the trail or just cut out out from erosion?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
ilikenature

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments