CRAMBA: Bloomer

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro North: Bloomer

Postby weimie » June 14th, 2011, 1:14 pm

I'm pretty sure Dustin & crew are going out there tonight to work on the trails.
weimie

Postby HuffyBoy » June 14th, 2011, 1:38 pm

Yes we will.....ill be there around 4:30 doing clean up and then working on the upper and lower ridge trails when the rest of the guys show up..welcome to join.....
HuffyBoy

Postby i69whitey » June 14th, 2011, 8:48 pm

don't know if it is our gig or not (some times the trail leaves park property and i get lost), but
the beaver has dropped a few more trees along the river
this one is down now !!!
:shock:
between him and ma nature the rerouting makes it like a new trail every ride

great job up on the ridge tho
Last edited by i69whitey on June 14th, 2011, 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...So whether you have got 29-, 26- or 20-inch wheels, whether you ride XC or DH, whether you've got boobs or balls, i hear you. Let's go ride." - Rachel Atherton
"Ride your bike, sleep when your dead." - dirt
http://thehubofdetroit.org/
i69whitey

Postby MalibuLX3 » June 14th, 2011, 8:58 pm

I just got back from a quick ride through Bloomer tonight, and the trails are great. I can definitely already notice the work you guys must have done today. Everything I rode tonight was very dry, with really only wet one spot down by the river. Thanks again for the trail work, I hope to make it out one of these days to help out!
MalibuLX3

Postby HuffyBoy » June 14th, 2011, 10:08 pm

i69whitey wrote:don't know if it is our gig or not (some times the trail leaves park property and i get lost), but
the beaver has dropped a few more trees along the river
this one is down now !!!
:shock:
between him and ma nature the rerouting makes it like a new trail every ride

As much as much as we would love to fix the river trails.......we can't justify it with all the heavy flooding....and....its not park property....

great job up on the ridge tho

Thanks.....its great to hear the positive feed back......improvements are happening weekly.....so please come ride as often as u can....
HuffyBoy

Postby PK » June 15th, 2011, 5:00 am

Gee Ward, errr, I mean Whitey, don't you think you're being a bit rough on the Beaver???? :D

Seriously though, That place is getting some well needed trail love...Keep up the good work guys!

Pete.
PK

Postby Mr. Bojangles » June 15th, 2011, 7:27 am

Thank you for the thank yous... Yes a map will be up very very soon. So far we have around 230 trail hours for bloomer. Last night it was nice to have 6 people on the trail as we rebuilt a nasty climb on the upper ridge trail. I can see that after a few more hard days of work, both of the risge trails will be sustainable once again for another 10 years. :twisted:
Bloomer Trail Coordinator
Mr. Bojangles

Postby Rock N' Rolla » June 15th, 2011, 3:18 pm

I twisted my knee at work today :( . I wont be able to make the ride tonight (an I got out early too). I was wondering I anyone would be out there tomorrow? I'm gunna try to be there between 10a-noon (i have the day off). I'd like to learn the proper direction and flow of the trail system. Thanks
Rock N' Rolla

Postby HuffyBoy » June 15th, 2011, 3:29 pm

I have to work...sorry.....maybe this weekend?
HuffyBoy

Postby Exodus » June 16th, 2011, 5:19 pm

I made it out to Bloomer for the first time a few days ago and it seems like a very nice course. I got lost and turned around several times though, so the directional arrows will be a huge help.

If there is anything I can do to help I am more than willing. I also have about 40 5/4x6 deck boards that are 3 feet long and treated (about 20 linear feet) that i can donate if they can be of use for bridges or anything.
Exodus

Postby jalopy jockey » July 4th, 2011, 9:53 pm

Couple of trees down in powerlines or near there. not sure where it officially starts but they were not yet overhead. One required a dismount as it is 2 feet off the ground a hand saw would suffice. The other one is most likely off park grounds along the river right by the 2 track bridge near the CRT. Lots of headhunters on that river section as well. I made it under every one but I needed to stay to a side and duck.

We didn't ride the real tuff stuff today as it was a family ride, but it was fine on Friday.
I guess I'm lacking mental clarity because I don't smoke pot. " - Di Bear
jalopy jockey

Postby Spinwheel » July 14th, 2011, 9:20 pm

Enjoyed this trail today - its been at least 5 yrs since my last ride at Bloomer. The newer sections were a little soft - lots of pizza cutters already there -
The trail sections on park property were trimmed pretty well considering its overgrowth season.. The river trail was tight with overgrowth but passable.
Enjoyed the off camber switchbacks - always makes the trip worthwhile.
Saw the numbered posts, but didn't have enough time to figure out the route that they must be marking. Like previous comments, arrows would be a great help if the intention is to mark a loop.
Cudos to those maintaining this trail - well done!
Tim
TC, Hickory Glen Park - Commerce Twp.
Spinwheel

Postby Rock N' Rolla » July 16th, 2011, 9:32 am

Not try'n to be a pest , just wondering if the mmba trail guide map has been updated with the new sections and direction yet? -Thanks
Rock N' Rolla

Postby Rock N' Rolla » July 25th, 2011, 7:29 am

Hi All, back about three or four years ago ... when Bloomer was somewhat of a hap hazard trail in the woods, but fun place to ride, there were/are some challenging trails west of the steps/ or the Stone Shelter near the park enterance. I always assumed that they were park of the regular trails,kinda like the ones along the ridge.( I'm speaking of that steep slope section left of the park entrance through the wood fence - if you go straight not to the right down the old whats-left-of steps and those..."cliffs" that look to have some freeide stunts being built on them).Now ,that things are WAY WAY better out there... ARE these part or plan to be part of the trails? Or should these sections be considered "rogue trail" and I should stay off.Riding down that "cliff" has always been fun.I just hate the hike-a-bike up the hill to it... although yesterday when I was out there it lookedas though some folks had been making a trail to it. I didn't explore that trail just flew down the cliff and finished my ride. :D
Rock N' Rolla

Postby RMXByker » July 25th, 2011, 8:12 am

Any chance of an updated map yet?
http://www.BoughnerRacing.com

Stable
2011 Salsa Vaya (Cross/Road)
2015 Specialized Fatboy Expert (Fatty)
RMXByker

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions