CRAMBA: Bloomer

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro North: Bloomer

Postby HuffyBoy » June 6th, 2011, 11:38 am

Thanks everyone....its great to here everyone is enjoying all the work WE have done so far.......its still wet in some spots....and yes we have some trees to clear....Wich I.hope to get done tonight.....or at least this week some time....hopefully we can get the current trails marked soon....still working on trail markers....please come out and ride.......I would be more than happy to give tours so people know where to go and the direction....
HuffyBoy

Postby HuffyBoy » June 8th, 2011, 10:24 am

All the downed tree's have been cleared out....The lower river trail is still muddy in some spots but the rest of the trail is fast n fun....Please go ride the new trails...They need some breaking in....I,m hoping to get out there soon with weed trimmers to cut back the trail....Its getting a bit over grown....Derek and I cleared out by hand most of the limbs hanging in the trail...So its clear to ride....Just need to cut back the ground cover thaqt is starting to take over.........Please post up if anyone would like a tour of the place....More than happy to do that....Thanks

Dustin
HuffyBoy

Postby Rock N' Rolla » June 8th, 2011, 4:38 pm

When will the new sections be indicated on the trail map?
Rock N' Rolla

Postby HuffyBoy » June 8th, 2011, 4:43 pm

Awesome question.......DEREK?....... When will that be done?......I'm just a work horse...

Dustin
HuffyBoy

Postby jalopy jockey » June 9th, 2011, 8:52 am

HuffyBoy wrote:All the downed tree's have been cleared out....

Not all there are still a few at the guard shack 2 track. Which just so happens to be where I jump in

HuffyBoy wrote:Please post up if anyone would like a tour of the place....More than happy to do that....Thanks

I just might do that. I'm sure I'm missing some good stuff.
I guess I'm lacking mental clarity because I don't smoke pot. " - Di Bear
jalopy jockey

Postby HuffyBoy » June 9th, 2011, 9:54 am

Anything on the two track is cleaned out by the park........I only maintain the trails.....so if u see someone who works at the park.....let them know.....they will take care of it
HuffyBoy

Postby HuffyBoy » June 9th, 2011, 12:40 pm

I had a request for a contact number to Bloomer Park to report down trees or problem areas...The park staff takes care of everything at the park EXCEPT the single track.. .....Here is the number from the WB page...248-656-4753...We can use all the help we can get at bloomer...So if u find a tree down or a trouble area that is non-single track related...Please feel free to call the park..It would help us out greatly...Any issues with the single track please contact fell free to contact Derek or I........Thanks....And happy riding

Dustin
HuffyBoy

Postby Gear_Tooth » June 11th, 2011, 3:38 pm

Bloomer is much better now.
I live right by Bloomer and always avoid because the trail system was like a spider web.
I will now ride there much more. Now if I want to do a quick evening ride I don't have to go far.
One down tree in the new trail next to the cricket field.( I tried to clean up the small branches around it)
Not too muddy a few slick spots here and there.
Good work trail crew.
If the misquotes are biting your not riding fast enough.
Gear_Tooth

Postby RMXByker » June 12th, 2011, 10:02 am

Any news on a new trail map for out there yet?
http://www.BoughnerRacing.com

Stable
2011 Salsa Vaya (Cross/Road)
2015 Specialized Fatboy Expert (Fatty)
RMXByker

Postby jalopy jockey » June 12th, 2011, 10:59 am

Gear_Tooth wrote:One down tree in the new trail next to the cricket field.( I tried to clean up the small branches around it)
Not too muddy a few slick spots here and there.
Good work trail crew.

Some work needs to be done on dead fall around marker 2 both sides of it as well. Sat evening ride.

gear tooth you must not have been down by the river. There are some super swampy areas on the lower trails
I guess I'm lacking mental clarity because I don't smoke pot. " - Di Bear
jalopy jockey

Postby Gear_Tooth » June 12th, 2011, 11:27 am

I went by the river. I road the old xc race loop twice with the exception of the new trails.
I had seen it way worse before.
There was only a couple of bad areas one being by the steep down hill trails west of the main stairs.
Nothing like parts of the two track at stony.
If the misquotes are biting your not riding fast enough.
Gear_Tooth

Postby Rock N' Rolla » June 14th, 2011, 7:28 am

Very nice gentlemen, very nice. I enjoyed dinner served to me from all of the bugs get'n caught between my teeth as I was grininng from ear to ear over all ofthe trail improvments, while I rode through there yesterday afternoon.I loved the new sections. Maybe some directional arrows out there like at Stoney would be groovie. I hope I wasnt go'n the wrong way. Again, good job... you guys should be proud of all that you have done out there!
Rock N' Rolla

Postby HuffyBoy » June 14th, 2011, 7:45 am

Thank you from all of us..... we are in the process of ordering markers so the loop will be well marked and directional........thanks for riding it and please tell your friends....hope to see yah out there

Dustin
HuffyBoy

Postby Sortaslow » June 14th, 2011, 9:23 am

Cool! Can't wait.
Sortaslow

Postby lunge bob sweatpants » June 14th, 2011, 11:12 am

Hey Dustin and Derek,
Love the additional single track in the pines, took kids out there last night. However, there are two trees down. One is fairly large and most likely will need a chainsaw, if I remember correctly. The other is smaller and can be cleared with a hand saw.

No one was available at the guard shack or I would have let them know.
lunge bob sweatpants

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions