CRAMBA: Bloomer

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro North: Bloomer

Postby Mr. Bojangles » May 18th, 2011, 8:32 am

Last night we put in a new entrance to the first downhill switchback, near post #6. This is going to be a hard right turn for know. this is to prep for some more single track in the comming weeks.

We also built a berm in arts lung buster. its a test to see how much water it holds so that we can plan accordingly for futre berm building. be paitent if it turns to a muddy mess.

Bryan wissman from tailwind also was in attendance to help with clearing the main switchback. We cleared all the dead fall and are getting ready to bench cut some bad areas.

Please ride bloomer!!!!! if you would like a personal tour meet this tursday (may 19) at the kiosk in the park at 5:45. parking fees are $5.00 a day. I will show you the route and the correct direction.

Derek
Bloomer Trail Coordinator
Mr. Bojangles

Postby Mr. Bojangles » May 19th, 2011, 7:19 am

tonights group ride will be cancelled due to rain.

We plant work on the trail tonight for a few hours....

Early Sat morning I will ride and show people the loop then followed by more trail work.
Bloomer Trail Coordinator
Mr. Bojangles

Postby MalibuLX3 » May 20th, 2011, 4:25 pm

I just got back from ridding Bloomer. Much of it was dry and fast, but there were quite a few low spots full of mud. Hopefully it drys out soon. Also, thanks to who ever cleared all the down trees, that must of been a lot of work!
MalibuLX3

Postby BK big fish » May 31st, 2011, 5:05 am

AVOID BLOOMER! give it a few hot days to dry, it was a mess Monday, glad no one was riding out there. Billy.
BK big fish

Postby Trail_Warrior » June 1st, 2011, 7:09 am

Was anyone out to Bloomer yesterday? Between yesterday's 90+deg and todays breezy sun, hoping it'll be dry enough to get a ride in...
Trail_Warrior

Postby BK big fish » June 1st, 2011, 9:46 am

I would not go there yet. but maybe the trails above the ridge are better?
BK big fish

Postby HuffyBoy » June 1st, 2011, 9:50 am

I will head out there tonight and see how wet or dry the trails are and report back tonight.....until then please avoid riding there....thank you

Dustin
HuffyBoy

Postby Trail_Warrior » June 2nd, 2011, 10:25 am

Eager to get out n ride bloomers sooner than later.... any updates?
Trail_Warrior

Postby HuffyBoy » June 2nd, 2011, 10:58 am

Didn't make it out last night any farther than the lower ridge trail....wich was dry.....there is a tree down but the rest was nice n tacky fast.....so with that I'm guessing most of the trail is good.....I will be riding the rest of it tonight after 6
HuffyBoy

Postby lunge bob sweatpants » June 2nd, 2011, 11:50 am

On my way home from a short ride on Monday, I cut through Bloomer. The low area between markers 21 and 22 as the river comes close was all under 6-8 inches of water. Didn't even bother. Ended up going doubling back. The short wet climb behind the velodrome was GREASY and unrideable (at least for me). Didn't attempt to check anything else out. I hope things have dried out since.
Last edited by lunge bob sweatpants on June 2nd, 2011, 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lunge bob sweatpants

Postby RMXByker » June 2nd, 2011, 12:55 pm

I rode both the upper and lower ridge line trails (sorry but have no idea on numbers). They were dry and fun. Didn't try anything else out while I swung through there on my way to Stony.
http://www.BoughnerRacing.com

Stable
2011 Salsa Vaya (Cross/Road)
2015 Specialized Fatboy Expert (Fatty)
RMXByker

Postby PK » June 5th, 2011, 7:38 pm

Good work out there Derek, Dustin & crew..The place is really coming together.
It actually has "single track flow" now :D

Pete.
PK

Postby Trail_Warrior » June 6th, 2011, 7:55 am

So it's official, bloomers is ready to "flow"? I'm anxious to see the work done... maybe maybury @ lunch, stony early afternoon, and end the day at bloomer? Seems like a good monday to me :)
Trail_Warrior

Postby jalopy jockey » June 6th, 2011, 10:37 am

Trail_Warrior wrote:So it's official, bloomers is ready to "flow"? I'm anxious to see the work done... maybe maybury @ lunch, stony early afternoon, and end the day at bloomer? Seems like a good monday to me :)

Pete was refering to the fact that some very energetic people created a ton of new trail and the singltrack is no longer as segergated as previously. Unless someone gpt out there ove the weekend the upper trails are dryish but very deadfall covered. The river trails are most likely still very wet. But i haven't been out there since Friday afternoon but I doubt the river has gone down that much.
I guess I'm lacking mental clarity because I don't smoke pot. " - Di Bear
jalopy jockey

Postby Trail_Warrior » June 6th, 2011, 10:38 am

Thanks for the heads up... maybe i'll get out and clear some dead fall on the upper since it sounds like the river trails are still sketchy.
Trail_Warrior

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions