CRAMBA: Bloomer

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Bloomer

Postby AaronEvan » May 2nd, 2013, 4:07 pm

jalopy jockey wrote:
Trail_Warrior wrote:Thanks c0nsumer... It's gorgeous out and I'm feeling adventurous so I think I'll risk it and check it out first. Of course, if need be I'll bail as to avoid any damage and ride out to Stony. I will post with a condition update for Bloomer later this evening.

I'm gonna guess pretty nasty. My backyard is a pretty good indicator of Bloomer and it's squishy.

any word on today?
AaronEvan

Postby mr_jason » May 2nd, 2013, 6:12 pm

Bloomer is in pretty good shape, a little soft in a few areas.
mr_jason

Postby bergsteiger » May 7th, 2013, 9:15 pm

Bloomer is still soft in a few areas. Some are drying out and others just seem about the same as Friday.
The worst of it is the section right after the parking lot/trailhead. There are a few other soft spots on the single track between the railroad grade and the cricket field.
There was also the wet spot on the big switchbacks were that seep is.

other than that there are a few trees down. @ on the single track between the railroad grade and the cricket field and one on the lower ridge.
bergsteiger

Postby Trail_Warrior » May 10th, 2013, 11:39 am

Was out at Bloomer yesterday afternoon, other than the usual wet spot by the river (most people have been barreling through making it worse, just a quick step to get over it and maybe it will heal) just a little greasy in a few areas of newer trail. I can't say enough about how far this trail has come in the last couple years. Great work out there to all who contribute, this is by far my favorite trail in the CRAMBA area :D hoping it'll dry up quick from last night/this mornings rain, I'm already itching to get back out there.
Trail_Warrior

Postby Jim O » May 10th, 2013, 1:03 pm

Trail_Warrior wrote:Was out at Bloomer yesterday afternoon, other than the usual wet spot by the river (most people have been barreling through making it worse, just a quick step to get over it and maybe it will heal) just a little greasy in a few areas of newer trail. I can't say enough about how far this trail has come in the last couple years. Great work out there to all who contribute, this is by far my favorite trail in the CRAMBA area :D hoping it'll dry up quick from last night/this mornings rain, I'm already itching to get back out there.

And you have have ridden on all the CRAMBA Trails?
Jim O

Postby Trail_Warrior » May 10th, 2013, 2:11 pm

Yes I have, I generally ride Stony, Pontiac Lk, River Bends, CRPT, Bald Mnt, Island Lake... although I don't ride Holdridge much that trail isn't as convenient for me to ride but is up near the top of my list. Pota is most likely my favorite trail in SE MI. But for quick, fun, and brutal depending on whom your riding with Bloomer is my choice but that is only my opinion. Mainly because I can get there throw down a couple laps and be home within a couple hours, the wife is more forgiving a couple hour venture than an all day'r :wink:
Trail_Warrior

Postby Trail_Warrior » May 14th, 2013, 11:02 am

Thinking about making a couple laps after work today... Anyone been out? Is it in similar shape as last week?
Trail_Warrior

Postby i69whitey » May 14th, 2013, 11:09 am

Trail_Warrior wrote:Thinking about making a couple laps after work today... Anyone been out? Is it in similar shape as last week?

Rode last night, trail was nice. the newer stuff is getting firm, and the squishy stuff is rare. lots of lumber down in the 'enchanted forest' and along the river (outside park borders) but everything in the park is nice.
Edit: I think they call this section Bewitched, west of the stairways.
now don't even get me started about the stuff behind Yates, looks like Ma Nature was playing fiddle-sticks back there:evil:
Last edited by i69whitey on May 15th, 2013, 7:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
"...So whether you have got 29-, 26- or 20-inch wheels, whether you ride XC or DH, whether you've got boobs or balls, i hear you. Let's go ride." - Rachel Atherton
"Ride your bike, sleep when your dead." - dirt
http://thehubofdetroit.org/
i69whitey

Postby AaronEvan » May 14th, 2013, 12:38 pm

Hoping to get out there today after work if the rain holds out
AaronEvan

Postby Trail_Warrior » May 14th, 2013, 2:55 pm

Thanks i69whitey, I was hoping that being that we haven't had much rain in the last 5 days and it was good then.... Looks like the rain will hold off tho, so I'll be out there by 5pm pounding some trail. GET OUT AND RIDE!!!
Trail_Warrior

Postby AaronEvan » May 14th, 2013, 6:57 pm

Couldn't get out there today like I wanted. Maybe tomorrow. Hoping it doesn't rain
AaronEvan

Postby Kirby » May 29th, 2013, 2:21 pm

Anyone been out today? Does Bloomer dry pretty fast after a solid rain? Hoping to hit the trail today if conditions aren't too bad.
2011 Specialized S-Works Stumpjumper HT
2013 Salsa El Mariachi Single Speed - Limited Edition
2013 Salsa Vaya 2
2014 Specialized Crux Expert
Kirby

Postby Kirby » May 31st, 2013, 2:25 pm

I rode Bloomer 2 days ago. Very muddy in some sections but still very rideable.
2011 Specialized S-Works Stumpjumper HT
2013 Salsa El Mariachi Single Speed - Limited Edition
2013 Salsa Vaya 2
2014 Specialized Crux Expert
Kirby

Postby CraveSingletrack » May 31st, 2013, 4:39 pm

I'm a racerboy.
CraveSingletrack

Postby bh357 » June 4th, 2013, 8:24 pm

Just a few very small mud spots, but overall very good. The latest new addition is cool, but I don't have the cajones to ride the exit on that log ride.

I have a few suggestions/comments:
A short section of trail after the small switchbacks is blocked by a log. Is this legitimately closed now?
The exit to the reclaimed ridge trail is not singlespeed friendly. Otherwise, I love that addition.
Love the new finish to the upper ridge trail.
I'd like to see the exit to the lower ridge trail changed.
Although I miss the blazing fast power line section, I really dig the new singletrack which replaced it.

This trail has become my "go to" trail the past couple years. Kudos to the TCs for evolving and lengthening the trail while still keeping it challenging.
www.teamsandbag.com
www.mysinglespeed.com

"He didn't have to be drunk to be an a$$hole!" - Geff
bh357

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments