CRAMBA: Bloomer

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro North: Bloomer

Postby RMXByker » May 9th, 2011, 7:51 pm

nailgunn wrote:
bh357 wrote:Are the trails in rideable condition? I'd like to ride there tomorrow after work. Also, how difficult are the new sections of singletrack to locate?

I have never been to bloomer till today. I would say Yes to open trails.

I parked at Onyx went to rochester road then to bloomer drive up the hill to ryan then into the park.
I droped down into the lower trails and got a little lost. Ended up going out of the park and followed the river back the the CRT cross over. I would say considering I was riding by the river for a mile plus no issues, no wet areas Bloomer should be good to go.

BTW Bloomer kicked my can grrrr some huge hills there.
My Route

Just a tip for ya Nail...you may want to Enable the Elevation Correction on the GPS data to get a little more accurate results...
http://www.BoughnerRacing.com

Stable
2011 Salsa Vaya (Cross/Road)
2015 Specialized Fatboy Expert (Fatty)
RMXByker

Postby nailgunn » May 9th, 2011, 7:53 pm

RMXByker wrote:
nailgunn wrote:
bh357 wrote:Are the trails in rideable condition? I'd like to ride there tomorrow after work. Also, how difficult are the new sections of singletrack to locate?

I parked at Onyx went to rochester road then to bloomer drive up the hill to ryan then into the park.
I droped down into the lower trails and got a little lost. Ended up going out of the park and followed the river back the the CRT cross over. I would say considering I was riding by the river for a mile plus no issues, no wet areas Bloomer should be good to go.

My Route

Just a tip for ya Nail...you may want to Enable the Elevation Correction on the GPS data to get a little more accurate results...

What I did not do a 1000ft change?? :D

They say barometer makes up for that but I never was concerned out the Elevation ... At this time :?
2010 Niner Rip 9 Rip 9 Gallery

2012 Saddle Miles 210.33 mi

Is it fast? ....It has 10 speeds my friend
Ride in Peace ..Out
nailgunn

Postby RMXByker » May 9th, 2011, 8:05 pm

nailgunn wrote:
RMXByker wrote:
nailgunn wrote:

My Route

They say barometer makes up for that but I never was concerned out the Elevation ... At this time :?

Hahah...just remember that a barometer is affected by weather changes...that why I utilize the correction feature.
http://www.BoughnerRacing.com

Stable
2011 Salsa Vaya (Cross/Road)
2015 Specialized Fatboy Expert (Fatty)
RMXByker

Postby nailgunn » May 9th, 2011, 8:14 pm

RMXByker wrote:Just a tip for ya Nail...you may want to Enable the Elevation Correction on the GPS data to get a little more accurate results...

They say barometer makes up for that but I never was concerned out the Elevation ... At this time :?[/quote]

Hahah...just remember that a barometer is affected by weather changes...that why I utilize the correction feature.[/quote]

not to hijack but there is only @ 10 feet differance on the changes from Elevation Correction

Enabled
Elevation Gain: 416 ft
Elevation Loss: 418 ft
Min Elevation: 683 ft
Max Elevation: 803 ft

Not Enabled
Elevation Gain: 348 ft
Elevation Loss: 364 ft
Min Elevation: 590 ft
Max Elevation: 721 ft

Ride in Peace ..Out
nailgunn

Postby bh357 » May 10th, 2011, 7:48 pm

This evening Bloomer was about 5% greasy kid's stuff, 80% sweet trail, and 15% where-the- *beep* -am-I :lol:

Loved the new additions there :D
www.teamsandbag.com
www.mysinglespeed.com

"He didn't have to be drunk to be an a$$hole!" - Geff
bh357

Postby nailgunn » May 13th, 2011, 6:32 pm

Well made another run for Bloomer today. Little less lost. Still some wet stuff out there but not bad at all. I think I found more of the racing route. I found one area in a ravene.... All I have to say is some one rides down this...... and fast ?? I got some skills to develop for sure.

Having fun at Bloomer

J

Ride in Peace ..Out
nailgunn

Postby c0nsumer » May 13th, 2011, 8:11 pm

nailgunn wrote:Well made another run for Bloomer today. Little less lost. Still some wet stuff out there but not bad at all. I think I found more of the racing route. I found one area in a ravene.... All I have to say is some one rides down this...... and fast ?? I got some skills to develop for sure.

Having fun at Bloomer

J

You're likely talking about the switchbacks, seen in a old (and now inaccurate) photo here. Yes, the 8-hour endurance race started by immediately going into/down them.
Steve Vigneau
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby nailgunn » May 13th, 2011, 8:21 pm

c0nsumer wrote:You're likely talking about the switchbacks, seen in a old (and now inaccurate) photo here. Yes, the 8-hour endurance race started by immediately going into/down them.

Heck Yea Pucker factor 10 :shock:
I rode most of it but the entrance into the "switchbacks" was just too much for me to challenge.
I think my stem is rotating on me a touch and I do not trust it. Intense pressure and turns at the same time are worrying me atm. I am not a small fry :wink:

Here is my Route tonight

Ride in Peace ..Out
nailgunn

Postby MalibuLX3 » May 13th, 2011, 9:37 pm

c0nsumer wrote:
nailgunn wrote:Well made another run for Bloomer today. Little less lost. Still some wet stuff out there but not bad at all. I think I found more of the racing route. I found one area in a ravene.... All I have to say is some one rides down this...... and fast ?? I got some skills to develop for sure.

Having fun at Bloomer

J

You're likely talking about the switchbacks, seen in a old (and now inaccurate) photo here. Yes, the 8-hour endurance race started by immediately going into/down them.

I was out here today for my first time, and this switch back part was my favorite so far! I can't wait to hit it up again! Trails seemed to be in great condition, with only minimal wetness scattered throughout the park.
MalibuLX3

Postby jalopy jockey » May 13th, 2011, 10:16 pm

I love that section.
I guess I'm lacking mental clarity because I don't smoke pot. " - Di Bear
jalopy jockey

Postby i69whitey » May 14th, 2011, 8:03 am

c0nsumer wrote:

Having fun at Bloomer

J

no i think he is talking about some drops over toward town near the 'enchanted forest'
i have witnessed some of this
i think they put their seat all the way down for clearence,
cause they a huge set
there is also a run straight down the slope just right of your picture :shock:
"...So whether you have got 29-, 26- or 20-inch wheels, whether you ride XC or DH, whether you've got boobs or balls, i hear you. Let's go ride." - Rachel Atherton
"Ride your bike, sleep when your dead." - dirt
http://thehubofdetroit.org/
i69whitey

Postby nailgunn » May 14th, 2011, 8:16 am

I am guessing it was the switchbacks. From Cons Picture I see the tight turns I had to make. I came down a trail that had new sand/dirt and then the entrance I used was near a very large log on the trail. It was a 18-24" root drop that had a quick left or right option out 2-3 feet. Left went to that large log. I walked down the drop to the right then mounted to ride the trail.

I think I found the enchanted forest last time I went. I walked up that ridge he is riding down. I was so lost :roll: When I walked back up to the top I was behind some houses on the western ridge.

Ride in Peace ..Out
nailgunn

Postby PK » May 14th, 2011, 7:26 pm

Bloomer is quite the mystery until you figure it out... Because it follows the curve of the river, so do all of the trails...
You're either upstream or downstream....Sort of......Look at a satellite map of the area and you'll see that lots of the single track just keeps going up and down the Highbanks of the natural flood plane.

Pete.
PK

Postby Mr. Bojangles » May 16th, 2011, 7:49 am

All of the downed trees have been removed
Bloomer Trail Coordinator
Mr. Bojangles

Postby Mr. Bojangles » May 17th, 2011, 7:49 am

Thus far total trail hours put into bloomer by various people is up to 140.5

tonight we will be back at it for more fun at 5pm, meet in the parking lot. Tell the gate girls/guys that you are there to work on the trails with me, Derek.
Bloomer Trail Coordinator
Mr. Bojangles

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions