CRAMBA: Bloomer

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro North: Bloomer

Postby Mr. Bojangles » May 4th, 2011, 12:21 pm

UPDATE trail day has to be pushed back until 1pm due to an event in the early morning. The park just informed me. We will also have another trail day the following sat.

Derek
Bloomer Trail Coordinator
Mr. Bojangles

Postby weimie » May 5th, 2011, 6:47 am

Hopefully the rain predicted will not happen.
I'm planning on being there...if I get poison ivy I'm holding you totally responsible!
weimie

Postby i69whitey » May 5th, 2011, 11:53 am

demo day is already on my schedule
hope to help next week (necks weak?)
"...So whether you have got 29-, 26- or 20-inch wheels, whether you ride XC or DH, whether you've got boobs or balls, i hear you. Let's go ride." - Rachel Atherton
"Ride your bike, sleep when your dead." - dirt
http://thehubofdetroit.org/
i69whitey

Postby cerveja » May 6th, 2011, 1:58 pm

Just rode Bloomer last night and thought the trails were in good shape overall. There are some pretty muddy spots in areas, but I thought they were better then expected considering all the rain we've had. There are a ton of down trees over by the river and in the low areas over by the park entrance (base of the stairs near the pavillion). Is MMBA allowed to cut through down'd trees or are you limited by the size of the trees/brush that can be altered?

Unfortunately I am busy both Saturday due to Mother's Day Activities and out of town next weekend so I am unavailable for either trail day.
cerveja

Postby Mr. Bojangles » May 6th, 2011, 2:19 pm

anything west of the stairs off park property. typically race promotors clear it. Thank you for the post and we hope to meet you on the trail soon. typically we do trail work out at bloomer every Wed after work. email me ill let you know when we will go there next. Tonight we plan to finish the new single track behind the cricket field.
Mr. Bojangles

Postby Mr. Bojangles » May 7th, 2011, 7:33 am

bump.... trail clean up today at 1pm.
Mr. Bojangles

Postby jalopy jockey » May 8th, 2011, 9:33 am

So how did it go and how are the trails?
I guess I'm lacking mental clarity because I don't smoke pot. " - Di Bear
jalopy jockey

Postby weimie » May 8th, 2011, 9:34 am

Dan and I built 2 log crossing over 2 downed tree's on the trail west of the stairs. We were going to go back with a hand saw for the smaller downed tree's but got hungry instead and never made it back. We'll probably be back during the week for the smaller ones. Only 1 will need a chainsaw.

New trails are awesome!
weimie

Postby jalopy jockey » May 8th, 2011, 6:42 pm

Wow it is a totally different trail system. few very muddy spots and the new trail is soft and bumpy but not much of a problem. I can't wait to get out there on a real bike. I was towing my youngest on a tow bike woth comfort tires while sagging my 7 year old. Wife says they rock through . Once I told her go have fun I dind't see her again.
I guess I'm lacking mental clarity because I don't smoke pot. " - Di Bear
jalopy jockey

Postby Mr. Bojangles » May 9th, 2011, 7:21 am

Thank you for the warm fuzzies. We had a total of five brave souls make to Bloomer Sat for the trail work. The trail is indeed much better with respect to the flow. More is to follow!!! Our next major milestone is to get the big switch back and ridge trails into the loop and back in shape.

no new trail date is scheduled for May 14th due to stoney 12 hour race unless Dustin heads this one up.
Mr. Bojangles

Postby VasaTrail » May 9th, 2011, 8:22 am

Only five people did all that work??? Kudos to all of you. I was able to sneak away from family yesterday to do a couple of laps. New singletrack is a welcomed addition. Also, connecting the various single track was also nice. Still a few spots where you have to get on two track but a heck of a lot less now.

Again, that was a heck of a lot of work for 5 people. I'm picturing five energizer bunnies out there going at it.

PS What is going on with the tree on the downhill switchback? That thing has been there since last fall. Is there a reason the park won't cut it out?
VasaTrail

Postby Monkeyman » May 9th, 2011, 1:10 pm

I couldn't make the trail day which really bummed me out since I've been wanting to learn the trail better since moving to Rochester. I know there's the official "race loop" map in existence - does any one have a sketch that shows the new trail addition so it can be found and "properly" incorporated? Every time I go to Bloomer I get way too turned around to have a nice loop.
Monkeyman

Postby Mr. Bojangles » May 9th, 2011, 3:12 pm

We are 95% done with a map. I just have to add the new sections with the GPS we gathered from yesterdays ride.
I am going to put a total together for some signage that will undoubtedly prevent people from getting lost.
Email me and I can keep you in the loop
Mr. Bojangles

Postby bh357 » May 9th, 2011, 3:19 pm

Are the trails in rideable condition? I'd like to ride there tomorrow after work. Also, how difficult are the new sections of singletrack to locate?
www.teamsandbag.com
www.mysinglespeed.com

"He didn't have to be drunk to be an a$$hole!" - Geff
bh357

Postby nailgunn » May 9th, 2011, 6:02 pm

bh357 wrote:Are the trails in rideable condition? I'd like to ride there tomorrow after work. Also, how difficult are the new sections of singletrack to locate?

I have never been to bloomer till today. I would say Yes to open trails.

I parked at Onyx went to rochester road then to bloomer drive up the hill to ryan then into the park.
I droped down into the lower trails and got a little lost. Ended up going out of the park and followed the river back the the CRT cross over. I would say considering I was riding by the river for a mile plus no issues, no wet areas Bloomer should be good to go.

BTW Bloomer kicked my can grrrr some huge hills there.
My Route
2010 Niner Rip 9 Rip 9 Gallery

2012 Saddle Miles 210.33 mi

Is it fast? ....It has 10 speeds my friend
Ride in Peace ..Out
nailgunn

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions