CRAMBA: Stony Creek

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Stony Creek

Postby c0nsumer » May 27th, 2015, 1:31 pm

It's been raining pretty hard in the general area today. I'd personally give it until Thursday.
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby Toy529 » December 5th, 2015, 10:18 pm

Attorney is just fine, go ride
Toy529

Postby gnardawg » February 7th, 2016, 1:18 pm

Trail was a1 this morning at nine. Things were starting to get soft by 10:30 as temps went up. Crazy amount of rutting in the lower areas, but all rideable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gnardawg

Postby RazBarry_KB » February 24th, 2016, 9:52 am

SloMo wrote:I live in an apartment so I have nothing as far as shovels and hoe's....But I will make every attempt to be there to help in anyway I can. Already put it on the desk calendar.

Awesome! We look forward to seeing you there!
Kristen Barry
CRAMBA-IMBA, Treasurer
Join us! http://www.cramba.org/get-involved/join/
Weekly No-drop Group Rides http://www.cramba.org/calendar/
RazBarry_KB

Postby c0nsumer » February 24th, 2016, 10:28 am

The general rule is that the chapter provides tools, but if you have your own / preferred tools, feel free to bring them. Just don't feel obligated to bring tools if you're wanting to pitch in.

For most of us we showed up at our first few trail days with no tools, then maybe brought some normal house-type stuff... Then as we got more involved we ended up with our own specialized tools. (For example, I have my own Pulaski and Rogue Hoe, the two specific models that I prefer.)
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby TheLoneRider » March 16th, 2016, 8:38 pm

ihateplaindave wrote:I'm betting on the trails being messed up for a while. Does the park object to people riding the asphalt path (bikini loop) at night?

If you ride into the park, you can get away with being in the park a bit past closing time.

The ranger / police are mostly concerned about not having to herd cars out of the park when
they need to get the gate locked and would like to get home to their families / other life.

I've been in the park on bicycle near closing time where the rangers have ask if I am parked
somewhere or rode in. I've even suggest to them that they go ahead and lock the gate
and I will just lift my bicycle over on the way out.

I imagine if it were a regular thing on my part or amongst other park users,
it could end up being perceived as a problem by the park authorities.
TheLoneRider

Postby Ti_fighter » April 8th, 2016, 9:39 pm

Stony was in excellent shape this evening (much better than expected). Dry and firm everywhere except for a couple of small puddles in the pines just before the long S shaped bridge. No trees down or obstructions.

Did not ride the 2 track in the NW corner.

Weather forecast tonight looks like most of the snow will stay south as well.
2013 Motobecane Fly Team Ti 29HT
2013 Motobecane FB4 Elite
2014 Specialized Crave SL
2015 Niner One9 RDO
Ti_fighter

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions