CRAMBA: Stony Creek

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro North: Stony Creek

Postby luv2mtb » May 4th, 2011, 7:44 am

PK wrote:No MMBA "WE" that I'm aware of.
(For what it's worth, I agree with you Tom)

my $0.02

Pete.

I shouldnt have used the word "WE" as I am no longer an MMBA member and havent been for quit sometime, but I do take isssue with some of the work being done at Stony Creek? Is this work being done by the MMBA? and if not who is doing it? I think its terrible having a berm on every *beep* turn there, what for?
"Simply because you can breathe doesn't mean you're alive,or that you really live" -Rise Against
luv2mtb

Postby c0nsumer » May 4th, 2011, 8:27 am

luv2mtb wrote:

my $0.02

Pete.

I shouldnt have used the word "WE" as I am no longer an MMBA member and havent been for quit sometime, but I do take isssue with some of the work being done at Stony Creek? Is this work being done by the MMBA? and if not who is doing it? I think its terrible having a berm on every *beep* turn there, what for?

Nope, it's bandit work.

There isn't a berm on every turn, just a few in The Pines. Personally, I like the one at the bottom of the hill, but the ones after the small root step-down are just dumb. They aren't well placed and don't seem too well built.
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby mr_opjones » May 4th, 2011, 9:08 am

c0nsumer wrote:
luv2mtb wrote:

my $0.02

Pete.

Nope, it's bandit work.

There isn't a berm on every turn, just a few in The Pines. Personally, I like the one at the bottom of the hill, but the ones after the small root step-down are just dumb. They aren't well placed and don't seem too well built.

Agree, the one at the bottom of the hill helps maintain brake bumps. I feel Stony is know for it's flow, which berms greatly help out with when added at the correct locations. I understand that bandit builders can cause disharmony in the trail system, which is the case here. I just don't want the idea that berms are a bad thing.
GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE!!

Replace Why with How
mr_opjones

Postby HiptonRadcliffIII » May 4th, 2011, 9:17 am

luv2mtb wrote:

my $0.02

Pete.

ride faster you'll find out. :twisted:
didn't realize this was bandit work, probably done by someone/s who have no idea what the mmba is . hopefully, some one can spot them while working on it and fill them in, but then again, they might not care.
Responsible Consumer Announcement: If the place you buy mountain biking gear from is not at trail days, you need to find a real mountain bike shop.
HiptonRadcliffIII

Postby luv2mtb » May 4th, 2011, 9:36 am

HiptonRadcliffIII wrote:
luv2mtb wrote:

my $0.02

Pete.

didn't realize this was bandit work, probably done by someone/s who have no idea what the mmba is . hopefully, some one can spot them while working on it and fill them in, but then again, they might not care.

Learn how to handle a bike, you wont need them! :roll:
"Simply because you can breathe doesn't mean you're alive,or that you really live" -Rise Against
luv2mtb

Postby c0nsumer » May 4th, 2011, 9:43 am

luv2mtb wrote:
HiptonRadcliffIII wrote:
luv2mtb wrote:

my $0.02

Pete.

They aren't needed, but the one at the bottom of the hill in The Pines sure is fun.
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby PK » May 4th, 2011, 7:37 pm

RMX, I hope you got out there today...The pines has dried up nicely.
Only one or two of my repairs still needs some attention.

Pete.
PK

Postby HiptonRadcliffIII » May 4th, 2011, 7:57 pm

luv2mtb wrote:
HiptonRadcliffIII wrote:
luv2mtb wrote:

my $0.02

Pete.

bet ya don't know who you're talking to :wink:
Responsible Consumer Announcement: If the place you buy mountain biking gear from is not at trail days, you need to find a real mountain bike shop.
HiptonRadcliffIII

Postby jcrazyjj » May 4th, 2011, 9:02 pm

Single-track is in awesome shape as of 8:30pm. Avoided most of the usual wet spot on the 2 track.
jcrazyjj

Postby c0nsumer » May 4th, 2011, 10:09 pm

Wow. There's more berms than I remember from a week ago. That said, while I still don't care for the one at the root drop, the others are pretty fun. Overall I'd have a pretty hard time complaining about them, really.
Steve Vigneau

c0nsumer

Postby Roy » May 5th, 2011, 6:32 am

Maybe a dual salmon course at the skill area would direct the bandit builders efforts away from the single track.
Roy

Postby utabintarbo » May 5th, 2011, 6:49 am

Roy wrote:Maybe a dual salmon course at the skill area would direct the bandit builders efforts away from the single track.

Mmmmm, salmon...

:wink:

BTW, it also looks like someone was trying to fill in that root drop. These guys need to be stopped. :evil:
Addison Oaks TC

Current quiver

Impulse control fails me. ;)
utabintarbo

Postby weimie » May 5th, 2011, 7:02 am

utabintarbo wrote:BTW, it also looks like someone was trying to fill in that root drop. These guys need to be stopped. :evil:

I noticed that yesterday! But thought I might have been mistaken.

Is this really bandit trail nazi's or is it the work of the actual trail coordinator? I'm waiting for the rock garden to slowly be removed of rocks....cause that's one tricky section :roll:
weimie

Postby utabintarbo » May 5th, 2011, 7:07 am

weimie wrote:
utabintarbo wrote:BTW, it also looks like someone was trying to fill in that root drop. These guys need to be stopped. :evil:

Is this really bandit trail nazi's or is it the work of the actual trail coordinator? I'm waiting for the rock garden to slowly be removed of rocks....cause that's one tricky section :roll:

All but guaranteed it's bandits. I can't see a TC doing anything like that. The berms, maybe, but not fill in a ~6" drop.
Addison Oaks TC

Current quiver

Impulse control fails me. ;)
utabintarbo

Postby c0nsumer » May 5th, 2011, 7:22 am

weimie wrote:

I'm certain that either Mike nor Pete would do either of those.

I'd wager a paycheck that it's bandit work.
Steve Vigneau

c0nsumer

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions