CRAMBA: Stony Creek

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro North: Stony Creek

Postby jcrazyjj » April 10th, 2011, 11:11 am

Heading out there now. Will update.
jcrazyjj

Postby c0nsumer » April 10th, 2011, 2:39 pm

Stony Creek is just about perfect right now. No telling what tonight's storm will do, but for now the Roller Coaster and Snake are in top form, and The Pines has just a couple of soft spots. There's nothing in there that I'd consider reason to avoid the trail. Some of the two track is a bit wet, but that too has nothing abnormal / worth skipping.
Steve Vigneau

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby dirt » April 10th, 2011, 3:17 pm

c0nsumer wrote:Stony Creek is just about perfect right now. No telling what tonight's storm will do, but for now the Roller Coaster and Snake are in top form, and The Pines has just a couple of soft spots. There's nothing in there that I'd consider reason to avoid the trail. Some of the two track is a bit wet, but that too has nothing abnormal / worth skipping.

..and it's fast. Perfect tacky conditions, and very little mud at all. Only negative is the amount of small debris on the trail from the winter. Should be perfect after next weekend's trailday.
Nick Shue

The content of my posts are not the opinions of CRAMBA/IMBA, and should not be construed as such

I...completely...agree........with Nick. -Di_bear
I have problems with flakiness.. -Di_Bear
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain.. and most fools do.
dirt

Postby fender1983 » April 11th, 2011, 12:32 pm

Snake and coaster were surprisingly good yesterday...Thumbs up for the warm weather!
fender1983

Postby bh357 » April 11th, 2011, 3:50 pm

Any word on how the trail weathered this morning's rain? I'd like to get out for a few after-work laps tomorrow if the singletrack is dried out.
www.teamsandbag.com
www.mysinglespeed.com

"He didn't have to be drunk to be an a$$hole!" - Geff
bh357

Postby PK » April 11th, 2011, 6:20 pm

Armchair forecast:
I'd go for it. I live about 9 miles due East of the trailhead and my dirts roads are completely dry now. Today's wind had alot to do with that.

Pete.
PK

Postby Rock N' Rolla » April 12th, 2011, 5:02 pm

Was at Stoney from 10a-3p today with a buddy and all I can report is that all's good in the Stoney hood. There was a tree down in the Roller Coaster but but we moved it off of the track. Since I've only lived in Apts. and don't own any yard tools, what would be a good investment to participate at the trail days? Is there a trail day set for stoney , addison or Bald mt.? thanks
Rock N' Rolla

Postby jalopy jockey » April 12th, 2011, 5:43 pm

Rock N' Rolla wrote:Was at Stoney from 10a-3p today with a buddy and all I can report is that all's good in the Stoney hood. There was a tree down in the Roller Coaster but but we moved it off of the track. Since I've only lived in Apts. and don't own any yard tools, what would be a good investment to participate at the trail days? Is there a trail day set for stoney , addison or Bald mt.? thanks

Your time we have the tools. We have a trailer full and most of us homeowners bring more tools than people.

Re traildays
Yes, Yes and usually not.
I guess I'm lacking mental clarity because I don't smoke pot. " - Di Bear
jalopy jockey

Postby tfdawn » April 12th, 2011, 9:41 pm

Was at Stoney Creek today (Tuesday) around 5:00 PM. Trails (Pines, Mnt Sheldon, Roller Coaster) are in great riding condition. The two track is wet in a few spots.
tfdawn

Postby Trail_Warrior » April 13th, 2011, 10:43 am

Finally, the time has come once again... Enjoy but don't destroy :D

Looking forward to hitting stony today, cabin fever has me pacing in circles.
Trail_Warrior

Postby bh357 » April 13th, 2011, 11:51 am

Well, Rock N' Rolla and tfdawn are right on the money. Trail was dry with the only singletrack mud being a couple spots at the ends of the boardwalks in the Pines.
Good reminder on how rusty my singletrack handling ability got over the winter.
www.teamsandbag.com
www.mysinglespeed.com

"He didn't have to be drunk to be an a$$hole!" - Geff
bh357

Postby reshp1 » April 14th, 2011, 8:27 am

Rode the single track loop a couple times last night and it was in great shape, not even a damp spot to be found. Didn't make it into the pines though.

Also a big THANK YOU to the guys that gave me a spare tube (I had a spare but the valve was defective and blew out), it saved me a long walk back to the car. I hope I will pass it forward soon.
reshp1

Postby Trail_Warrior » April 14th, 2011, 8:35 am

Yesterday afternoon was awesome, sunshine and good trail conditions; doesn't get much better...

Round 2 today, hopefully get my time back down to where it was pre-winter :twisted:
Trail_Warrior

Postby mr_opjones » April 15th, 2011, 2:02 pm

There is a scheduled ecological burn at Stony Creek today, not sure when or where. ybw
GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE!!

Replace Why with How
mr_opjones

Postby Rock N' Rolla » April 15th, 2011, 5:17 pm

Other than over doing it today( road half of the gravel grinder course, and some of Bald mt. before heading to Stoney) my slow going at stoney brought to my attention that some turds pulled up the wood post with the map on it, when you come out of the Pines.It was in the grass about 30 feet away.I dragged it back an put it back in its spot but it still way loose.An the map at 16 has been ripped down , no doubt by the same Hooligans!Oh yeah, sorry to the dudes who cought me cutting back to my car going the wrong way from 15( although I thought this section was two way?)
Rock N' Rolla

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions