Western: Yankee Springs

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Western: Yankee Springs

Postby LaneDetroitCity » December 23rd, 2015, 9:19 am

Is this trail rideable this time of year? Like this Saturday? Thank you.
-Fast Lane #1
Detroit City Racing "Speramus Meliora; Resurget Cineribus"
Elite Cycling Team of one
Sponsors: Mother Earth,Air,Water,MetLife
Hydration: Haterade
Eyewear: Haterblockers
Want to thank all my sponsors and support.
LaneDetroitCity
 
Posts: 956
Joined: August 17th, 2015, 9:34 am

Re: Western: Yankee Springs

Postby RickPlite » December 23rd, 2015, 9:21 am

LaneDetroitCity wrote:Is this trail rideable this time of year? Like this Saturday? Thank you.


yes, it is open year round and in good shape right now
Luton Park Trail Coordinator, West Michigan Mountain Biking Alliance
http://www.kisscross.com
http://www.lumberjack100.com
http://www.barry-roubaix.com
User avatar
RickPlite
 
Posts: 1408
Joined: July 16th, 2002, 11:23 pm
Location: Comstock Park

Re: Western: Yankee Springs

Postby LaneDetroitCity » December 23rd, 2015, 9:23 am

RickPlite wrote:
LaneDetroitCity wrote:Is this trail rideable this time of year? Like this Saturday? Thank you.


yes, it is open year round and in good shape right now

Thank you. Plan is Saturday possibly.

What's the nearest LBS?
-Fast Lane #1
Detroit City Racing "Speramus Meliora; Resurget Cineribus"
Elite Cycling Team of one
Sponsors: Mother Earth,Air,Water,MetLife
Hydration: Haterade
Eyewear: Haterblockers
Want to thank all my sponsors and support.
LaneDetroitCity
 
Posts: 956
Joined: August 17th, 2015, 9:34 am

Re: Western: Yankee Springs

Postby kevin g » December 23rd, 2015, 12:16 pm

Unless there is a shop that I am not thinking of in Middleville or Hastings, the closest shop is probably the Village Bike Shop a little north of M-6 on Kalamazoo.
kevin g
 
Posts: 47
Joined: December 6th, 2009, 6:54 pm
Location: Belmont

Re: Western: Yankee Springs

Postby bbender785 » December 23rd, 2015, 1:00 pm

kevin g wrote:Unless there is a shop that I am not thinking of in Middleville or Hastings, the closest shop is probably the Village Bike Shop a little north of M-6 on Kalamazoo (Avenue).


i'd agree. there are a few more options only a few more miles away, but ^that certainly answers the question.

a group of us are riding yankee tomorrow morning.. hopefully it doesn't need to turn into a trail cleanup after the forecasted winds tonight.
VILLAGE RACING
Image
User avatar
bbender785
 
Posts: 114
Joined: December 12th, 2012, 11:48 am
Location: Dutton, MI

Re: Western: Yankee Springs

Postby SloMo » December 23rd, 2015, 2:42 pm

I am actually hoping the weather holds off into January (wishful thinking). I am actually hoping to do a late afternoon Saturday ride at Yankee, stay the night and ride again Sunday morning.
Follow me on Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/9205583
2015 Specialized Stumpjumper Carbon WC
2016 Specialized Diverge Elite DSW
User avatar
SloMo
 
Posts: 102
Joined: June 11th, 2015, 11:30 am

Re: Western: Yankee Springs

Postby MFawley » December 24th, 2015, 8:42 am

bbender785 wrote:
kevin g wrote:Unless there is a shop that I am not thinking of in Middleville or Hastings, the closest shop is probably the Village Bike Shop a little north of M-6 on Kalamazoo (Avenue).


i'd agree. there are a few more options only a few more miles away, but ^that certainly answers the question.

a group of us are riding yankee tomorrow morning.. hopefully it doesn't need to turn into a trail cleanup after the forecasted winds tonight.


Any chance of an update? Will be riding tomorrow morning and was just curious what I might run into out there.
MFawley
 
Posts: 219
Joined: December 3rd, 2013, 9:12 pm

Re: Western: Yankee Springs

Postby LaneDetroitCity » December 25th, 2015, 10:31 am

Anybody riding Saturday the 26th? Tmrw. Day after Christmas etc lol. Going to give it a go. Early in the day.
-Fast Lane #1
Detroit City Racing "Speramus Meliora; Resurget Cineribus"
Elite Cycling Team of one
Sponsors: Mother Earth,Air,Water,MetLife
Hydration: Haterade
Eyewear: Haterblockers
Want to thank all my sponsors and support.
LaneDetroitCity
 
Posts: 956
Joined: August 17th, 2015, 9:34 am

Re: Western: Yankee Springs

Postby LaneDetroitCity » December 26th, 2015, 6:48 am

Leaving Detroit now 6:45. See you about 10 at Yankee. Blue Subaru with 2 el mariachi.
-Fast Lane #1
Detroit City Racing "Speramus Meliora; Resurget Cineribus"
Elite Cycling Team of one
Sponsors: Mother Earth,Air,Water,MetLife
Hydration: Haterade
Eyewear: Haterblockers
Want to thank all my sponsors and support.
LaneDetroitCity
 
Posts: 956
Joined: August 17th, 2015, 9:34 am

Re: Western: Yankee Springs

Postby LaneDetroitCity » December 26th, 2015, 6:44 pm

Great trail. FAST trail. Yummy trail. Lots of flow. This is going to be fun to race on. Nice meeting everybody today. The pines and the speed zone are the fun fun.
-Fast Lane #1
Detroit City Racing "Speramus Meliora; Resurget Cineribus"
Elite Cycling Team of one
Sponsors: Mother Earth,Air,Water,MetLife
Hydration: Haterade
Eyewear: Haterblockers
Want to thank all my sponsors and support.
LaneDetroitCity
 
Posts: 956
Joined: August 17th, 2015, 9:34 am

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 2 guests