Western: Yankee Springs

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Western: Yankee Springs

Postby giantone » March 11th, 2012, 6:09 pm

Green Giant wrote:Yankee is in outstanding shape, please go ride here instead of tearing up a soft trail. Absolutely 100% perfect conditions.

Seconded!!!! Absolutely amazing out.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
giantone

Western: Yankee Springs

Postby slukomski » March 11th, 2012, 7:17 pm

PLEASE stop telling me how awesome Yankee Springs is right now.....I'm sooo jealous.
2012 Scott Scale 29 Elite
slukomski

Postby Purple is a Fruit » March 11th, 2012, 10:56 pm

Yankee rarely gets much better then it is right now. Trail is in great shape and there looks to be a few reroutes coming in the near future from some of the flags that are out there.
Nothing is foolproof for a sufficiently talented fool.
Purple is a Fruit

Postby brandt509 » March 13th, 2012, 1:28 pm

trying to ride Wednesday night....anyone know if it's dry? Not sure how much rain those storms on Monday brought..........
brandt509

Postby cramer » March 13th, 2012, 4:20 pm

brandt509 wrote:trying to ride Wednesday night....anyone know if it's dry? Not sure how much rain those storms on Monday brought..........

I'm sure it will be fine.
cramer

Postby Libertas » March 18th, 2012, 11:01 am

Pretty sure I dropped my Garmin Edge 800 in the parking lot. Please let me know if it pops up!
Libertas

Postby dirtjunkie » March 18th, 2012, 3:00 pm

Libertas wrote:Pretty sure I dropped my Garmin Edge 800 in the parking lot. Please let me know if it pops up!

Thanks for the heads up, fart-hole.

I'll drive thru there in a bit & look for it.
dirtjunkie

Postby Alexg » March 20th, 2012, 5:57 pm

I'm doing Barry roubaix on Saturday and we're getting a hotel room in Kalamazoo and going partying Saturday night. But my plan is to go ride Yankee Springs on Sunday. With the expected rain on Friday and Saturday, how bad do you think the trail is going to be?
Alexg

Postby Mike_D » March 20th, 2012, 9:31 pm

Alexg wrote:I'm doing Barry roubaix on Saturday and we're getting a hotel room in Kalamazoo and going partying Saturday night. But my plan is to go ride Yankee Springs on Sunday. With the expected rain on Friday and Saturday, how bad do you think the trail is going to be?

Rain does nothing but good things for Yankee. Yankee is typically quite sandy so the rain will tame it down.
Mike_D

Postby dirtjunkie » March 21st, 2012, 10:32 am

Alexg wrote:I'm doing Barry roubaix on Saturday and we're getting a hotel room in Kalamazoo and going partying Saturday night. But my plan is to go ride Yankee Springs on Sunday. With the expected rain on Friday and Saturday, how bad do you think the trail is going to be?

Yankee is in need of rain right now. As things are forecast....if you hit it late/am or so on Sunday, you'll be in for "hero-dirt" for sure! Traction for days....should be absolutely perfect.

If you see a short middle aged guy in a yellow/black team kit gasping for breath....don't be alarmed. :D
dirtjunkie

Postby CraveSingletrack » March 30th, 2012, 8:40 am

Planning on running Yankee this Sunday, as I have never ran it, and want to run the Time Trial in april, how's everything looking?
Image But I'm not a racer.
CraveSingletrack

Postby rwright » March 30th, 2012, 10:20 am

kyleRIG29er wrote:Planning on running Yankee this Sunday, as I have never ran it, and want to run the Time Trial in april, how's everything looking?

As of last night Yankee was in great shape, just a few of the normal spots getting some light sand build up. The rain we are getting today should help pack that down and make for a fast course on the weekend.

Bob
rwright

Postby xtremelow » April 1st, 2012, 8:13 am

I know a few people to include myself plan to be there around 2pm this afternoon. See you on the trial

Brandon
Team Troll, member. Helping to raise awareness while I ride.
2012 Specialized Stumpjumper Carbon Expert
2008 Specialized FSRxc Expert
2010 Trek 1.2
2011 DK Effect 20"
xtremelow

Postby CraveSingletrack » April 2nd, 2012, 7:35 pm

I rode yesterday, the trail was awesome, never been before. What do SS guys usually run on this? (I'm a 29er too) I am running 2 to 1, and it was a bit tall for some of those longer climbs, but I liked it for the faster sections, I'm confused what gears to run for the time trial.
Image But I'm not a racer.
CraveSingletrack

Postby Mike_D » April 2nd, 2012, 9:36 pm

kyleRIG29er wrote:I rode yesterday, the trail was awesome, never been before. What do SS guys usually run on this? (I'm a 29er too) I am running 2 to 1, and it was a bit tall for some of those longer climbs, but I liked it for the faster sections, I'm confused what gears to run for the time trial.

My 29'er is new to me this spring and I rode out there this year a couple of times and I run 33x18 (1.83:1) and it is great for the climbs (almost too easy) but I long for a higher gear on the flatter sections on this trail and most other trails I have ridden so far this year.... I'm thinking a 2:1 might be better gearing (for me anyway).
Mike_D

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions