Southwest: Fort Custer

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Southwest: Fort Custer

Postby vette-ss » March 8th, 2014, 3:32 pm

dirtjunkie wrote:
Green Giant wrote:Think I might try to get out real early on Saturday and hope that overnight it freezes back up, but guessing it's soft now.

If I get out, I'll post up.

Please post if you do make it out. Teeter-tottering on going there tomorrow (Sunday), but don't want to head that way if it's soft and easily rutted.

+1
vette-ss

Postby thud » March 8th, 2014, 5:44 pm

I tried on Friday - way too soft. Ended up riding the road around the park for a while. I think there's enough snow that ruts won't be a problem, just need a fatty.
thud

Postby Green Giant » March 9th, 2014, 7:34 am

vette-ss wrote:
dirtjunkie wrote:
Green Giant wrote:Think I might try to get out real early on Saturday and hope that overnight it freezes back up, but guessing it's soft now.

If I get out, I'll post up.

Please post if you do make it out. Teeter-tottering on going there tomorrow (Sunday), but don't want to head that way if it's soft and easily rutted.

+1

Sorry, I couldn't get out yesterday. Had a sick kid, so I couldn't get out in the early AM... same problem today. I'm going to guess it's too soft past about 11am today, if not before then.

We might be at tweener season...
Green Giant

Postby DrewD » March 11th, 2014, 6:23 pm

Does anyone know the Tuesday/Wednesday forecast for Custer? I have heard there is supposed to be a bit on snow on the i-94 corridor.
DrewD

Postby SteveF » April 10th, 2014, 9:23 am

I can't personally confirm this but, "...The Fort TC's said the trail is dry and ready...." from this thread:
http://www.mmba.org/forum/viewtopic.php ... 22#p852922
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.
SteveF

Postby Cefai » April 11th, 2014, 7:35 am

Rode red and part of green last night. Mud in just a couple spots, trees down in 2-3 spots blocking the trail (one or two in Amusement Park, at least one prior to that - maybe in Granny's?). Otherwise the trail was in great shape.
Cefai

Postby Cefai » April 12th, 2014, 6:19 pm

Rode red & green today - one tree down on green toward the end (dismount necessary), two trees down on red (one you can ride under, the other you can go around easily without dismounting). Leafy and sandy in certain spots. A couple spots of snow/ice that should be gone by tomorrow.
Cefai

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments