MCMBA: Island Lake

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Island Lake

Postby fsr1 » July 11th, 2014, 6:57 am

You're so fast the face slappers are afraid and pull back and get out of the way.
Mark Dombrowski
Asst. Trail Coordinator Island Lake Recreation Area
http://www.teamtreefarm.com/
fsr1

Postby pongomoto » July 11th, 2014, 8:06 am

fsr1 wrote:You're so fast the face slappers are afraid and pull back and get out of the way.

Thanks but there's plenty of people out there faster than me....plenty.
pongomoto

Postby onorio56 » July 14th, 2014, 12:37 am

how is the trail for a monday night ride?
onorio56

Postby ihateplaindave » July 14th, 2014, 10:03 am

It should be fine. Rode it yesterday morning and some mud, but not too bad.
ihateplaindave

Postby CWPspeed3 » July 20th, 2014, 12:51 pm

Rode yesterday. Blue was in good shape but yellow was closed due to bridge maintenance. Not sure how long its supposed to be closed but there are plenty of signs letting you know.
2010 Stumpjumper FSR
CWPspeed3

Postby fsr1 » July 20th, 2014, 1:40 pm

It's open now. 95% finished. We have some temporary guardrails at the end in place now and will complete the project soon.
Mark Dombrowski
fsr1

Postby Tman69671 » July 20th, 2014, 1:51 pm

Cool!!

Eat, fish,bike,hunt, sleep, and repeat
Tman69671

Postby Tman69671 » July 20th, 2014, 4:16 pm

The trails were dry. A lot of sandy spots to slide around in though. The bridge is looking good.

Eat, fish,bike,hunt, sleep, and repeat
Tman69671

MCMBA: Island Lake

Postby KRUG » July 20th, 2014, 8:14 pm

Island lake need some "wrong way" signage added to the trail system. I got into a full head-on collision with a dude riding a green muk-luk (sp) going the backward on the yellow this last Saturday. Both me and my bike did not come out undamaged . We both were hauling ass at the point of impact. I feel lucky to be alive to ride another day.
Krug

http://rbs-cyclingteam.com/

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -Thomas A. Edison
KRUG

Postby fsr1 » July 21st, 2014, 6:44 am

KRUG wrote:Island lake need some "wrong way" signage added to the trail system. I got into a full head-on collision with a dude riding a green muk-luk (sp) going the backward on the yellow this last Saturday. Both me and my bike did not come out undamaged . We both were hauling ass at the point of impact. I feel lucky to be alive to ride another day.

Ouch!

I think there are direction arrows or Wrong Way written on the back of some posts but some Wrong Way stickers on the backs of the mile markers might help.
Mark Dombrowski
fsr1

Postby Friend Or Foe » July 21st, 2014, 8:12 am

KRUG wrote:Island lake need some "wrong way" signage added to the trail system. I got into a full head-on collision with a dude riding a green muk-luk (sp) going the backward on the yellow this last Saturday. Both me and my bike did not come out undamaged . We both were hauling ass at the point of impact. I feel lucky to be alive to ride another day.

what happened to the d-bag riding the wrong way?
Friend Or Foe

Postby c0nsumer » July 21st, 2014, 8:27 am

fsr1 wrote:

Ouch!

I think there are direction arrows or Wrong Way written on the back of some posts but some Wrong Way stickers on the backs of the mile markers might help.

If nothing else they make it really easy for one to point out that yes, said rider is going the wrong way.
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby jeffingbmich » July 25th, 2014, 9:17 pm

[quote="KRUG"]Island lake need some "wrong way" signage added to the trail system. I got into a full head-on collision with a dude riding a green muk-luk (sp) going the backward on the yellow this last Saturday. Both me and my bike did not come out undamaged . We both were hauling ass at the point of impact. I feel lucky to be alive to ride another day.[/quote]

Sorry to hear about this, Krug! Sounds like everyone's worst nightmare on a bike! Are you okay now? Did you find out how that guy got going the wrong way?

Jeff Love
We're only young once but we can be immature all our lives!
jeffingbmich

Postby jeffingbmich » Yesterday, 6:27 pm

Rode ILRA Blue and Yellow on Saturday and, except for few face slappers and sand pits, it was great!

Is there a way that some of us with the time and energy can go out during the week and trim the tall grass and face slappers back? Is there a trail day scheduled anytime soon? Thanks!
We're only young once but we can be immature all our lives!
jeffingbmich

Postby fsr1 » Yesterday, 6:48 pm

jeffingbmich wrote:Rode ILRA Blue and Yellow on Saturday and, except for few face slappers and sand pits, it was great!

Is there a way that some of us with the time and energy can go out during the week and trim the tall grass and face slappers back? Is there a trail day scheduled anytime soon? Thanks!

Feel free! We don't have a trail day planned but your help would be very much appreciated. http://site.mcmba.org/index.php/105-trail-trimming-101

Please report your time here. http://site.mcmba.org/index.php/get-involved/report-volunteer-hours
Mark Dombrowski
fsr1

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments