MCMBA: Island Lake

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Island Lake

Postby SteveF » June 25th, 2016, 7:03 am

I think the last directional change was tied into some substantial re-routing so it was all new in many aspects. Probably made it simpler to do when there were already new things going on.
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.
SteveF

Postby black2003ss » June 26th, 2016, 5:28 pm

vette-ss wrote:
fsr1 wrote:If anyone really wants to see a change at ILRA, bring some loppers!

People who have ridden recently.....point out some sections that are the worst. I've got a couple of teens that I'm imposing community service on.

Yellow needs the most attention. There was one spot with low hanging greenery that had a hard branch inside of it, it was the soft vines like other areas, slapped me in the face pretty good.

Also, anyone know what happened on the park road? Couple of ambulances came in and were about 100 yards up the road from the first road crossing under the bridge, looked like a road bike incident? About 1-1:30 or so?
black2003ss

Postby farrugi5 » June 27th, 2016, 10:02 am

This was posted yesterday on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 6035936825
farrugi5

Postby ihateplaindave » June 27th, 2016, 2:51 pm

OMG! I passed a male/female tandem while pulling on to the road to the trail head. Misjudged the speed/distance and almost (but not quite) cut them off. I wasn't paying attention to the time, but it was right around 1:30 or a little after. I didn't notice anyone with a MI jersey.
ihateplaindave

Postby TrekStache » June 27th, 2016, 7:06 pm

Think people need to lay off strava once in awhile and just ride. I like it for keeping track of mileage, but I am not a future mtb champ so....

Probably a wal-mart wolverine.
TrekStache

Postby jreyst » June 27th, 2016, 7:50 pm

I use it to track my miles too but I also want to try to see improvement in my times year to year. I like to think I am a very courteous rider and always announce my presence and always politely wait until a safe point to pass slower riders. Similarly, I always move aside for faster riders. I don't think Strava is the problem. A-holes are the problem.
--
John Reyst
Primary: 2007 Giant Trance (1x10)
Backup: 2013 Fezzari Wiki Peak
First Bike: 2004 Gary Fisher Cake
jreyst

Postby poirier » June 28th, 2016, 9:11 am

TrekStache wrote:Think people need to lay off strava once in awhile and just ride. I like it for keeping track of mileage, but I am not a future mtb champ so....

Probably a wal-mart wolverine.

I'm glad they caught the guy red-handed chasing after segments. Could you please elaborate on the details? Thanks.

As far as trail conditions go, it seems like someone trimmed up a few key sections. Most notably the exit tunnel to the Kensington Road bridge crossing.
World's Best Dad Bod

This forum is to be used for entertainment purposes only
poirier

Postby mrbikester » June 29th, 2016, 9:38 am

I rode trail 1:30pm -2:30pm on Tuesday and most of trail was great. I did stop to trim a few of the nastier face slappers and saw about 6 park employees trimming the trail at the Grand River climb on Yellow trail. I was sure to thank them.
mrbikester

Postby BLKXJ 96 » June 29th, 2016, 8:09 pm

Rode Blue and the Yeller tonight.

Yellow is trimmed back, Tree/Bush is gone......Thanks to everyone involved. Blue is getting sandy and silty in spots but overall the trail is fast and in great shape.
Jeff
BLKXJ 96

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments