MCMBA: Island Lake

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Island Lake

Postby FatTire » April 20th, 2014, 9:08 pm

Did a Blue/Yellow loop today, first time out since the melt started, and was surprised how fast and dry the track was, even a little dusty in places.
On the Blue/Yellow loop there is one large tree on Blue a bit before the Yellow cutoff that has an already well bedded-in go-around which may become a permanent feature.
FatTire

Postby b_b » April 20th, 2014, 10:48 pm

FatTire wrote:On the Blue/Yellow loop there is one large tree on Blue a bit before the Yellow cutoff that has an already well bedded-in go-around which may become a permanent feature.

Hope so! Need to break up those long straight sections! It's just before 8 1/4 and another on yellow just after blue-yellow cutoff.
b_b

Postby turbotodd » April 21st, 2014, 10:37 pm

Found a grey Giro helmet size 51-54 in the road near the parking lot of the main trailhead. I placed it on the bench near the water well pump. ~8:10pm
It was near the corner of the parking lot so I presume someone forgot about it on their roof and drove away

also, trail was great. big tree down on blue as others have noted with a well-worn reroute, otherwise trail is clear
there is another tree down off the main trail... if you do all of blue, then keep going straight at the blue/yellow split, it's shortly before you get to the parking lot.
turbotodd

Postby mrbikester » Today, 9:31 am

Both Blue and Yellow were in fantastic shape on Wednesday afternoon. Dirt is dry but nice and grippy. Thanks Rita and Teresa for joining me.
mrbikester

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments