MCMBA: Island Lake

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

MCMBA: Island Lake

Postby Todd Scott » March 22nd, 2004, 8:22 am

Post trail conditions and problem reports for the trails at Island Lake SRA
Last edited by Todd Scott on January 4th, 2007, 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Todd Scott

Postby Farmer_John » March 23rd, 2004, 2:49 pm

If it were not for the rain we'll be getting over the next couple of days, ILRA Blue and Yellow would be 95% or better by this weekend.

I checked out three sections of both trails today. The bottom areas of both trails are tacky and people are leaving tracks (but not pizza cutters anymore). The flat areas were the drainage is inadequate are the worse areas overall. Toward the tops of hills, where drainage is occurring are the last vestiges of pizza cutter tracks.

ILRA needs about another week.
Farmer_John

Location: My mind, where I'm chasing the demons that elude...

Postby Resq47 » March 23rd, 2004, 9:54 pm

I hiked the Yellow -> Blue (reverse), and saw the same things:

Resq47

Postby CM » March 27th, 2004, 6:24 pm

A couple of us rode the Blue and first half of Yellow today. Amazingly dry considering the rain we got the last few days. The only place we really felt we had to bail on, (and we were being very conservative), was the bottom of the steep downhill before the road on blue. That stretch that parallels the road before the little bridge looks like it could still sustain some damage. The rest of it looked like it usually does after a good rain. Don't know what yellow looks like after Kensington road though.

Hey and thanks for whoever put the little log pile in on the first mile of yellow. I missed the old log jump there. :P
CM

Is it O.k. yet.

Postby Builder » March 28th, 2004, 7:59 am

Can Island land be riden today 3-28 without any damage.
Chicks dig scars!!!
Builder

Postby Farmer_John » March 28th, 2004, 9:19 am

I'm getting ready to find out right now...
Farmer_John

Postby H8roads » March 28th, 2004, 2:09 pm

Blue was 99% dry. Sunday noon.
H8roads

Postby Farmer_John » March 28th, 2004, 2:14 pm

I'll give it a 99.5% rating. The tackiest areas still left recognizable tire tracks. No slop left, but the trail needs attention now while the ground is still pliable to flatten out the pizza cutters left by the uninformed.

There are quite a few areas also that have widened significantly from people riding around mud. If you read this and prefer narrow singletrack, try to ride one line and one line only. Let Mom nature reclaim some of her territory...

That's it ladies and gentlemen, go forth and create havoc!
Farmer_John

Postby hockeydaddy » March 28th, 2004, 2:22 pm

Farmer_John wrote:I'll give it a 99.5% rating. The tackiest areas still left recognizable tire tracks. No slop left, but the trail needs attention now while the ground is still pliable to flatten out the pizza cutters left by the uninformed.

There are quite a few areas also that have widened significantly from people riding around mud. If you read this and prefer narrow singletrack, try to ride one line and one line only. Let Mom nature reclaim some of her territory...

That's it ladies and gentlemen, go forth and create havoc!

Thanks John!!!!
Some people are alive today simply because it's against the law to kill them.......
Mountain Biker

http://hockeydaddy.blogspot.com/

http://www.teamtreefarm.com/
hockeydaddy

Postby u00plb7 » March 29th, 2004, 7:11 am

I rode the Kensington loop but on my way back I couldn't resist and cut into the last 2.5 miles of the yellow loop. It was great. A few muddy sections in low lying areas. In another week or two it will be 100%. With all the rain this week it might be a sloppy mess this weekend....
u00plb7

Postby u00plb7 » April 2nd, 2004, 11:04 am

I rode ILRA yesterday afternoon, Blue Loop. It's in great shape! Got lucky, I was out there right when the sun started shining for about an hour or two yesterday.
u00plb7

Postby j s » April 3rd, 2004, 10:48 am

Rode the blue and part of the yellow last night (had a flat) and all of it was rideable. Some rough spots but overall it was in great shape.
j s

Postby u00plb7 » April 4th, 2004, 8:27 am

I rode it yesterday morning, Blue and Yellow, both are in great shape. It's awesome to be riding offroad again!
u00plb7

Postby h2osnowfan » April 4th, 2004, 10:38 am

Blue is dry and hard...great shape except for the ruts left by the impatient SOB's who rode before it was ready.

Who's in charge of the trail conditions chart? I think ILRA should be "open" not "avoid."
The opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the MMBA, or its membership, but they SHOULD BE!
h2osnowfan

Postby Mr.B » April 4th, 2004, 8:28 pm

Who's in charge of the trail conditions chart? I think ILRA should be "open" not "avoid."[/quote]
I belive in the upper right hand corner of each one there is a link to the trail co-ordinators for the particular trail. If that helps.
Mr.B

Next

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments