Mid-State: Bennett Park

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Mid-State: Bennett Park

Postby CottonIII » April 20th, 2014, 10:02 pm

jacked wrote:This thread has been as quite as I suspect BP has been.

Two of us walked part of the trail in reverse today removing some of the bigger dead falls and major derailleur breakers and in general scuffing the trail so it can be found beneath the leaves. North Shore, Trillium and half of the gully are relatively clear. The plan is to walk the rest before this saturdays MMMBA meeting at Buddies so we can give an accurate trail update as well as schedule a trail day.

David

Looking forward to a scheduled trail day. Waiting to lend a hand.
All I Want to Do Is Hit the Trails

-Charles
CottonIII

Postby jacked » April 21st, 2014, 7:14 am

Trail Day will be this Saturday, 4/26/14, from 8:00 - 2:00. Meeting at the old dam parking loop (south side of river at bridge on Cochran Ave). Bring rakes, blowers, etc. All of the big items should be out of the way by then and finding/grooming the trail will be the main objective. I also have a few sign post to go back up, so a post hole digger would be helpful as well.

Please pm me if you are planning on helping out so I can get an idea of task.

And bring your bike for ride after the clean up.

Thanks and looking forward to a good day!

David
jacked

Postby CottonIII » April 28th, 2014, 12:28 pm

The trail looked great after the trail day. Let me know if you need anymore help in the future.
All I Want to Do Is Hit the Trails

-Charles
CottonIII

Postby jester8798 » September 1st, 2014, 1:54 pm

Has anyone been out riding lately?
jester8798

Postby jacked » September 1st, 2014, 10:37 pm

I haven't ridden it lately but I did see a new rider (to the trail) out there today as I was running the whip.
Weed whipped through the power line. All the major timber down in the hardwoods has been cleared as well as in the jungles (with one small/rideable tree in Jungle II left). The trail is in relatively good condition all things considered (low rider count and little summer maintenance). I believe the canopy is showing signs of healing from the hail storm 5 or 6 years ago and the light level in areas is starting to diminish and the growth rate may be slowing..... or the early summer trim was just that good.

As always, it needs to be ridden.

That said on Oct. 18th, I plan on doing the 100 miles of No Where - Bennett Park Dirt and Single edition if anyone wishes to join me.

David
jacked

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments