Mid-State: Bennett Park

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Mid-State: Bennett Park

Postby Todd Scott » August 25th, 2007, 12:14 am

Post trail conditions and problem reports for the trails at Bennett Park
Todd Scott

Postby bh357 » August 25th, 2007, 8:29 pm

I rode today early afternoon, and areas were quite greasy but with no standing water. Nice trail :D . Technical in spots, but with a nice flow. Not much climbing. Areas have that "new trail" feel: bumpy, and soft/slow.
I definately recommend this trail to anyone who is in the area.
www.teamsandbag.com
www.mysinglespeed.com

"He didn't have to be drunk to be an a$$hole!" - Geff
bh357

It is DONE?

Postby jacked » September 3rd, 2007, 12:48 am

It is Done!!!

The trail is laid out, cut in and raked from foot bridge to the old car bridge.

This is as far as the locals had planned on getting this year. Bridge to bridge. Great job folks!

Check out the Mid-State forum for more info on the trail.

The Mid-State meeting will be at Bennett Park, next Monday, 9/10, at 6:30 pm. Again check the Mid-State forum for more info.

If you haven't riden here yet, I strongly recommend it. You might be surprised what we have. And when you are in town and ride, don't forget to mention it when you are getting a bite to eat, stopping at the gas station, etc. Spread the word about the trail and the positive things it can bring to the city.

This week is frontiers day in Charlotte. So come enjoy the festivies, watch the parade and ride the trail.

We'll see you all at the Mid-State meeting on the 10th.

Thanks again to all those who have helped make this trail a reality!!!!

David
jacked

Bennett Park

Postby Jdub » October 13th, 2007, 6:27 pm

Rode this trail today. Simply awesome. Lots of leaves down. Tree down towards old car bridge a little off the dirt road. My friend and I can't wait to get out there and ride this trail again.
Jdub

Postby jacked » October 13th, 2007, 10:18 pm

We took that tree out this evening. We also cut out a bunch of deadfall on the newest section from bridge to bridge north of the river. Check the Mid-State board for upcoming trail days on the next two weekends. We plan on having the north section done, bridge to bridge before the end of the month.

David
jacked

Postby number2 » October 25th, 2007, 9:12 am

To all the night riders out there, this trail is a great night ride and the park is open until 10 pm. I would suggest parking by the old dam or in the front part (close to the road)of the paved parking if your going to ride after dark.
number2

Postby jacked » October 26th, 2007, 6:04 pm

This Sunday, October 28th, Noon to noon:30 start time.
We'll work till were done (till dark, till you have to leave, till this section is finished, what ever...).
Meet at the back parking lot past the basketball courts.
Bring what tools you have.
Jake if you throw in your leaf blower and we have time or people, the trails could use some house cleaning, but that is not a priority on Sunday.
The goal is to finish laying out and cutting in the section between the bridges. At this point the weather looks to be good. All the help we can get will be apricated.

Thanks,

David
jacked

Postby jacked » January 15th, 2008, 11:32 pm

First time on the bike in a month tonight (back injury, kids, life....) and I wound my way out to Bennett Park. I rode the north river section and and both of the Jungles before heading home. What a beatiful ride. The trails where easy to follow, a soft ride with the wet trails cover with a couple of inches of snow.
Excellent night riding!!

David
jacked

3/09/08

Postby judgehopkins » March 9th, 2008, 2:44 pm

The trail is very sloppy and you may need to walk your bike in some places. the snow is melting a lot and may impede your progress.

Good luck.
judgehopkins

Postby jacked » April 2nd, 2008, 7:06 pm

Spring riding is here! We rode BP last night and what a beautiful night it was!!! The trail is drying up nicely, the strong winds of yesterday did wonders. Very little ice left and the trails are amazingly firm, albiet still slippery in spots.
We have a ton of deadfalls throughout the entire park, I lost count of the number in the pines. A few of us will be out there Saturday morning clearing out the big stuff with chainsaws. We will probably let it dry out some more before we break out the leaf blowers....we'll see.
If you are looking for a chance for some trail maintainance you are more than welcome to come along.
There is also an organized trail day for Burchfield this saturday (see the midstate board) which could always use an extra set of hands for spring cleaning.
There will be a small amount of trail being cut in this spring finishing up the north side of the river trail and completing the loop. The river re-route in the back of the park has put a hold on the new trails that were being laid in late last fall and early winter. We will wait until they finish making a mess back there.

Until then, get out and ride!

David
BP TC
jacked

Postby number2 » April 14th, 2008, 10:34 am

There are some reroutes that need packed and a new section in the pines will be finished soon. The trail needs to be ridden while it's wet to get it packed down so get muddy.
The entrance to the hardwoods is open you have to go around barricade.
number2

Postby The_Sandman » April 17th, 2008, 9:11 am

Rode it last night, it's in good shape but needs more people to ride it. There was one muddy spot that was in the process of being re-routed. It looked like it was muddy after the water crossing in the section that's after the road crossing when you come out of the Hard Woods section. I jumped out on the road and took it down to the bridge.
Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency!

http://www.michiganmountainbikeracing.com
The_Sandman

Postby bleve » April 23rd, 2008, 1:27 am

Rode the trail Tuesday, some of the muddy areas are still soft but passable, very few spots that are a real problem. Coming out of the Hard woods though is going to be a road ride for a while it looks like.
bleve

Postby jacked » May 12th, 2008, 9:39 pm

Get out and enjoy the trilliums while they last!
The trail is drying up nicely. The new reroutes Marty did in the jungle (to take advantage of lower water levels from the removal of the dam) are setting in nicely and really add to the flow of that section. Hopefully they will remove some of the confusion in that early part.
There is still some mud in the hardwoods but it is drying up fast. The stream crossing in Trillium Road is a little sloppy on the exit and will be the site of a bridge later this summer, as well as a spot or two in the hardwoods. We will post some trail days as soon as we scrounge the rest of the material.

David
jacked

Postby plunderspunk » May 21st, 2008, 9:57 am

Had a great ride on Saturday...how long is that trail, about 37 miles?? :lol:
Sheist, it's the neverending trail. I got a pretty good workout. Skeeters are a bit much so bring your deet for those trail stoppages!!
Bill :)
A.K.A. Geardaddy
plunderspunk

Next

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments