Western: Greenville Shearer Road Trail

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Western: Greenville Shearer Road Trail

Postby bockrona » June 10th, 2015, 10:38 am

AllMountin' wrote:I believe it's the victim of proximity to Merrell. I know I drive past it a few times a year for that reason. The day before you were there, I ran into one of the guys who helped build it, at Merrell. He was talking about both of those trails, but the conversation ended with, 'but now we have this, and its funner'. I was led to believe that Edwards, at least, was in good riding shape.

Yes, Merrell/Luton are right up the road. Neither of the Greenville trails are something you would go out of your way for, but when you package them together with the Fred Meijer Flat River and Heartland paved trails, and the close proximity to getting into town to rehydrate, they look a lot better.

Edwards Creek was in pretty good shape and you can see that someone has taken an interest in maintaining it. I have ridden that trail a lot over the past few years and really enjoy it. Shearer Rd is what you could call rustic at the moment. Maybe some chatter and love on the forum will attract some riders and volunteers.
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Postby Ryan Worden » September 8th, 2015, 12:23 pm

The Shearer Road Trail is has been cleaned up! Downed trees have been removed, the tread has been cleared full length, areas of brush and weeds have been cut back. There is still some work to be done with signage and mapping. Edwards Creek Trails are in good shape as well. As previously mentioned, the two single tracks combined with the Fred Meijer Flat River Trail around the City of Greenville makes for a decent ride of about 20 miles.
Ryan Worden
Shearer Road Trail Coordinator
Email Concerns or Comments to:
ShearerRdTrail@gmail.com
Ryan Worden

Postby bockrona » September 23rd, 2015, 7:49 am

Rode Shearer Rd and Edwards Creek yesterday and the trails are all clear and riding nicely.

Thank you to the cleanup crew and for the update.
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Postby Ryan Worden » October 19th, 2015, 6:06 pm

Cleared the tree limbs tonight. Small tree across the trail near the start of the west loop, it can be riden over. I'll try to get it cut up before the weekend. Leaves are falling in earnest. If you are not familiar with the trail it can get confusing. Should be able to clear leaves within the next couple weeks.
Ryan Worden
Shearer Road Trail Coordinator
Email Concerns or Comments to:
ShearerRdTrail@gmail.com
Ryan Worden

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions