Western: Greenville Shearer Road Trail

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Western: Greenville Shearer Road Trail

Postby gtrowbridge » September 4th, 2012, 8:53 am

As reported under the wMMBA forum section the trail has been rerouted and restored to the original 5.5 miles.
I have not been there yet to check it out though.
Ionia State Recreation Area Trail Coordinator
"They say that the journey can be more important than the destination. In Mountain biking there is no destination. Just the bike. The rider. And a place to ride." - Roam
gtrowbridge

Postby volklgirl » September 4th, 2012, 10:20 pm

Hadn't checked in here in a while and was surprised by the loss of the pine section. That said, though, the reroutes and new features totally make up for the loss of acreage! The SRT flow of old has returned and even the slightly rough new stuff left me grinning the whole time. The Moose Racing reroute signage is awesome and impossible to miss!

I must have missed something because I only got 5.0 miles on the ODO, and there was a really confusing intersection off the old ridge line (railroad bed?). There's a new cut through there that takes you right and back onto the incoming trail while the old left turn and over the ditch bridge appeared to be blocked off. I couldn't figure out any route through there that made sense, so we just walked over the blockage and continued on the old trail. If this has been rerouted, some version of signage needs to be put in there. Also, the bridge is looking a bit sketchy these days and needs some lovin'.

Otherwise, GREAT JOBS, GUYS!!!
Cadillac Pathway TC & NMMBA Treasurer
2012 Trail Work Hours = 12
Image Stupidity SHOULD be painful!!
2012 Miles
29er=222.9, SS=7.86, Commuter=96.6, Geared=0, Jekyll=25.5, Super V=41.4, Roadie=0
volklgirl

Postby gtrowbridge » March 1st, 2014, 8:43 am

Anyone been riding this this winter? Lately?

wMMBA Ionia State Rec Area Trail Coordinator - Using Tapatalk from my cell.
Ionia State Recreation Area Trail Coordinator
"They say that the journey can be more important than the destination. In Mountain biking there is no destination. Just the bike. The rider. And a place to ride." - Roam
gtrowbridge

Postby bockrona » September 23rd, 2015, 7:49 am

Rode Shearer Rd and Edwards Creek yesterday and the trails are all clear and riding nicely.

Thank you to the cleanup crew and for the update.
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions