Western: Greenville Shearer Road Trail

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Western: Greenville Shearer Road Trail

Postby bockrona » June 10th, 2015, 10:38 am

AllMountin' wrote:I believe it's the victim of proximity to Merrell. I know I drive past it a few times a year for that reason. The day before you were there, I ran into one of the guys who helped build it, at Merrell. He was talking about both of those trails, but the conversation ended with, 'but now we have this, and its funner'. I was led to believe that Edwards, at least, was in good riding shape.

Yes, Merrell/Luton are right up the road. Neither of the Greenville trails are something you would go out of your way for, but when you package them together with the Fred Meijer Flat River and Heartland paved trails, and the close proximity to getting into town to rehydrate, they look a lot better.

Edwards Creek was in pretty good shape and you can see that someone has taken an interest in maintaining it. I have ridden that trail a lot over the past few years and really enjoy it. Shearer Rd is what you could call rustic at the moment. Maybe some chatter and love on the forum will attract some riders and volunteers.
Anderson Park TC

Redline d660
1999 Schwinn Peloton
1980 Schwinn LeTour
1994 Bridgestone MB-4
bockrona

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments