MCMBA: Milford

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Milford

Postby mjbl » May 12th, 2014, 7:34 am

Rode Sunday and trail was in perfect condition, no standing water and no soft areas. Very nice to see it that way. :D
Wake up happy.
mjbl

Postby Builder-Bill » May 12th, 2014, 10:53 am

Dakota Kid wrote:Bill,
Are there any groups meeting up at specific times to ride? Always more fun to group ride in events like these.

Brett
Builder-Bill wrote:Join us at the 9th annual Milford Challenge, a family friendly celebration of the great single track trails surrounding scenic Milford. Bikers pick their own course: Highland, Milford, Island Lake, Kensington, Proud Lake, Hickory Glen – easily rideable from Milford with great paved bike paths and a minimum of road riding. You can tailor this anywhere from a fun trail ride with friends to an all-day 100 mile epic!

Participants will be treated to a live musical performance by the Orbitsuns under the large Tent... beginning at 1 pm. Please stop by, share your stories and adventures with other riders, and enjoy the food and vibes of downtown Milford! This event will go on..... rain or shine...

Participation fee is still just $15, and all proceeds benefit the MCMBA and support the local trails that you love. This will include 2 beer tickets.. Bells will be on tap.

Save time and hassle by registering in advanced at Race Services

Day-of registration runs from 7:30 to noon at Main Street Grill, 327 N Main Street. A detailed map and suggested routes will be provided at registration, along with a wrist band for discounted beverages at the Main Street Grill.

Trail’s Edge Bike Shop (525 N Main Street) will be hosting a kid’s Bike Rodeo at their store from 11 am to 1 pm, and members of their team will be available to lead group rides through nearby trails from 10 am to 1 pm. Stop by and enjoy the merriment!

This is a self supported and self directed ride. Bring water, food, money, cell phones, friends – whatever you need for a day on the trails. Camping facilities and cabins are available at Proud Lake Recreation Area, a three mile ride from downtown.

A lot of the people just meet up that morning around 8;00.-9;00... Unless you're planning on doing the whole thing you better leave at 7:30.
Bill
Milford TC
Proud Lake TC
Builder-Bill

Postby dcat1 » June 4th, 2014, 9:58 am

good size tree (10"-12" diameter) down just past the two way bridge and before the first paved path crossing-will need a chain saw....other than that the trail was clean and quick-couple small spots of mud, but dry otherwise-should be great for this weekend even if we get rain this afternoon.
dcat1

Postby Builder-Bill » June 6th, 2014, 1:15 pm

All clear and mowed.
Bill
Builder-Bill

Postby mwilson7 » June 18th, 2014, 7:33 am

Trails in great shape! Get out there and enjoy it while you can!

Commerce rd entrances are all nice and clear in fact I've never seen them to clear

Thanks for all the hard work Bill!
Mark
mwilson7

Postby chwerney » June 19th, 2014, 8:39 am

I'm sorry I have been trying to contact Builder Bill to find out what happened to the Spoke Junkies Michigan group. I don't have his email address and don't know how to get it. Please have him contact me at chwerney@me.com
chwerney

Postby Builder-Bill » June 20th, 2014, 5:35 am

Theres a large tree down on the pipeline climb. I just saw it last night. I'm tied up for the next 4 days and can't get to it. If anybody else can cut it out, please go ahead.
If anyone wants to trim go ahead.
Bill Hermann TC
Builder-Bill

Postby jwhitey » June 29th, 2014, 10:49 pm

Milford was great today, fast and smooth with no mud. What a great trail!
jwhitey

Postby Builder-Bill » July 10th, 2014, 8:46 am

The trail has a few slappers in spots. If anybody can help trim back the trail, go ahead Im really busy.
Thank you Doug W. for help trimming last week.
Bill Hermann
Milford TC
Builder-Bill

Postby SANTA_CRUZ » July 20th, 2014, 6:59 am

Let me just start by saying - Bill, thank you so much for creating this trail as I love riding here !

I was there for a couple of loops last Thursday and the conditions were perfect. Had the trail to myself besides the hundreds of daredevil chipmunks
that kept trying to commit suicide by playing that little dart in front of your tire at the last minute game, sometimes 2-3 at a time about every 10 yards.
I kicked up two young fawns and we stood and looked at each other for a while. I saw a turtle laying some eggs next to the water at the 4 bridges area.
Cleared a few face slappers as I went along as well.

It was wonderful and I felt so happy afterwards :D
I love mountain biking because I haven't found anything that is more FUN !!
Of all the paths you choose in life....make sure some of them are DIRT !!

Commuting miles in 2012 = 1065
Total road/trail miles = 2800
Number of rides = 152
Trails ridden = 28 different in MI, 2 in Oregon
SANTA_CRUZ

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments