MCMBA: Milford

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Milford

Postby redwoods22 » April 6th, 2012, 7:52 pm

did a double this morning.. first time through I wasnt a fan of the new section (that climb was one of my favorite parts of the trail).. second time through it started to grow on me..

garmin 500 with speed sensor registered 10.43 miles for the double. Strava registered 8.6..
redwoods22

Postby wompasaurus » April 7th, 2012, 2:23 pm

wow rode the first quarter up to the break out by the ymca then road the path to water treament then hopped on the second half got maybe half way through it that section kicked my butt those hills are killer.
wompasaurus

Postby BForhan » April 7th, 2012, 5:10 pm

wompasaurus wrote:wow rode the first quarter up to the break out by the ymca then road the path to water treament then hopped on the second half got maybe half way through it that section kicked my butt those hills are killer.

That trail has a little of everyting in a tight pacakge. It is one of my favorites, *beep* your first trail ride was Highland this should be a cake walk in comparison. I like to refer to it as a Highland light. Highland tomorrow morning at 10 if you want to ride.

Brian
BForhan

Postby Builder-Bill » April 8th, 2012, 1:19 pm

vette-ss wrote:Does anyone have a cycle computer distances on this trail? I've only ridden a couple of times, but I could recognize the additions. My Garmin last year said 4.6 mi. Yesterday I used the Endomondo app on my phone and got an average of 4.7 miles. Is this anywhere close to accurate? I know GPS based systems can be inaccurate on the tighter twisty trails.

The trail rolls out at 5.63 miles as of now. I'm trying to get it up to 6 miles, But I'm running out of land.... :(
There are few more spots I can add a little more trail, and not make it stupid.
The trail is in great shape, so is Proud Lake I just finished riding it.
Bill and Sam The Trail Dog.
Builder-Bill

Postby redwoods22 » April 8th, 2012, 2:45 pm

any thoughts to adding a pump track and/or CX track down by the *beep*? not sure how much of that land we have access to, but seems like a nice area to add some purpose built stuff..
redwoods22

Postby Builder-Bill » April 8th, 2012, 10:13 pm

Maybe in the future. I would like to get more stuff added to the free ride area first.

Bill
Builder-Bill

Postby J/C » April 9th, 2012, 12:08 pm

Rode yesterday, trail is great, dry and fast. Came upon a potentially rabid/sick raccoon in the newest section. He kept trying to escape by running along the trail in front of me, not going very fast. Almost like he was blind; he would start to get off the trail a little, crunch on the leaves then hop back on and keep going until he went off on the other side. Back and forth, eventually he cut across to a part I had already ridden.
J/C

Postby mjbl » April 10th, 2012, 5:08 pm

Any thoughts in alternating directions every other day? I have been living outside of Chattanooga TN and one of the most used trail systems in the area does this and it has been very successful, plus you can ride two days in a row and it is a completely different experience with only a few simple signs. Ex Sun/Mon/Wed/Fri = one direction, Tues/Thurs/Sat = other direction. :idea:
Wake up happy.
mjbl

Postby Mucky » April 11th, 2012, 6:54 am

mjbl wrote:Any thoughts in alternating directions every other day? I have been living outside of Chattanooga TN and one of the most used trail systems in the area does this and it has been very successful, plus you can ride two days in a row and it is a completely different experience with only a few simple signs. Ex Sun/Mon/Wed/Fri = one direction, Tues/Thurs/Sat = other direction. :idea:

I doubt that will happen. Maybe every year. With the pave trail going through, It would be nearly impossible to try inform all the people who would potentially pick up the trail from any one of the paved crossings.
I remember when Island Lk. did this, but I think it was yearly, I don't exactly remember how often.
Mucky

Postby ColorVoyeur » April 11th, 2012, 9:09 am

Bill, if you ever need a building buddy / guinea pig for the free ride area PM me. I'm always willing to sacrifice myself for the greater good ;)
No Dig, No Ride
ColorVoyeur

Postby amadkins » April 11th, 2012, 9:11 am

mjbl wrote:Any thoughts in alternating directions every other day? I have been living outside of Chattanooga TN and one of the most used trail systems in the area does this and it has been very successful, plus you can ride two days in a row and it is a completely different experience with only a few simple signs. Ex Sun/Mon/Wed/Fri = one direction, Tues/Thurs/Sat = other direction. :idea:

Just hit it pre-dawn with some lights. That's what I've done, and have yet to encounter anyone.
amadkins

Postby Builder-Bill » April 11th, 2012, 9:14 pm

ColorVoyeur wrote:Bill, if you ever need a building buddy / guinea pig for the free ride area PM me. I'm always willing to sacrifice myself for the greater good ;)

Feel free to scope out, or try some new routes in the free ride area.... If they work, we will put them in.
Just don't get hurt... playing around.. :)
Bill TC
Builder-Bill

Postby Builder-Bill » April 11th, 2012, 9:31 pm

Mucky wrote:

I doubt that will happen. Maybe every year. With the pave trail going through, It would be nearly impossible to try inform all the people who would potentially pick up the trail from any one of the paved crossings.
I remember when Island Lk. did this, but I think it was yearly, I don't exactly remember how often.

I remember those days riding island lake, You never new when you were going to hit someone head on.... I had one hit and two misses.. It was a cluster %#@! Just Ride it backwards in the dark with lights,.
Bill
Builder-Bill

Postby mjbl » April 12th, 2012, 8:15 am

Done that, very fun. Also have done it at The Hick, also very fun.
Wake up happy.
mjbl

Re: MCMBA: Milford 4/12/2012

Postby ibisman » April 12th, 2012, 1:33 pm

I did 3 laps (well almost 3) this morning and the trail is great! TImagethe new sections are really nice. Great work dave. I say almost because I had a small problem about 1/2 way around.Image on the second lap I heard what I thought was a broken spoke but I checked them and all were good, then on a down hill section on the 3rd lap...bam. The back tire hit the seat tube and this is the result.Image
Oh well I have gotten 5 years and over 9,000 miles out of my Fuji.
Martyrs or marines
who do you think gets,,
the virgins?
USMC 1968-1972
32,845.5 total trail miles since 2002
TRAIL Miles for 2014--1809.9-. 2015 fatbike trail miles--:1416
2016 miles..... 228 1/2 :)

Co-trail coordinator Lakeview drive /Hines drive trails
ibisman

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions