MCMBA: Milford

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro South: Milford

Postby Builder-Bill » March 16th, 2012, 2:14 pm

I just finished added another long flat section to the trail. :twisted: :twisted: :wink: ... Ok... It has a down hill and little bit of climbing. :twisted: :wink: :wink:
Just Remember ... " What goes Down, must come go Up " :wink:

Have a good St. Patricks day, Ride the new section, before you drink your green beer.
Bill and Sam The trail dog.
Last edited by Builder-Bill on March 16th, 2012, 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Builder-Bill

Postby irishpitbull » March 16th, 2012, 2:16 pm

How many miles is this place now?
irishpitbull

Postby vette-ss » March 16th, 2012, 2:26 pm

How is the trail after yesterday's storm? Is it already ok to ride?
vette-ss

Postby dcat1 » March 16th, 2012, 3:32 pm

vette-ss wrote:How is the trail after yesterday's storm? Is it already ok to ride?

I did a quick lunchtime lap today and while it was damp and some slick spots, it was suprisingly not too bad...very little mud on me or the bike after riding. Seemed much more like a ride after a fast/hard June rain, not mid March-caught up w/ Bill and got to break in his newest section-more of the same, flat, wide open boring crap... 8) ...Thanks Bill for everything-amazing what you have put into this place over the last what 5 years now...I'm just bummed as I am heading to Asia tomorrow for 2 weeks...going to miss all this great weather, and Sparty's march to the ff...
dcat1

Postby Builder-Bill » March 16th, 2012, 4:09 pm

I just finished adding another long Flat section today.. :twisted: :wink: :wink: Ok.... Its has a down hill, with a little bit of climbing. :twisted: :wink: :wink:
Remember ................ "What goes Down, Must come Up..."
Happy St. Patrick's day.... Go ride the two new section it.

Bill and Sam the Trail Dog
Builder-Bill

Postby Chuck » March 27th, 2012, 1:14 pm

A few damp spots but otherwise in great shape.....The new section is nice, it adds significant amount of trail.....great work Bill..
Chuck

Re: MCMBA: Milford

Postby RADAR » April 2nd, 2012, 7:28 pm

Think I left my front wheel out there today, Bontrager Disc 29er. If anybody picked it up please let me know. I will post in lost and found too, thanks.
RADAR

Postby BForhan » April 3rd, 2012, 5:38 am

RADAR wrote:Think I left my front wheel out there today, Bontrager Disc 29er. If anybody picked it up please let me know. I will post in lost and found too, thanks.

I rolled through the lot on the way to work this morning and I did not see it. But it was 4:50am and dark. Hope it turns up for you.

Brian
BForhan

Postby Mucky » April 3rd, 2012, 10:58 pm

RADAR wrote:Think I left my front wheel out there today, Bontrager Disc 29er. If anybody picked it up please let me know. I will post in lost and found too, thanks.

I was there at 4 p.m. yesterday (Mon. 4/2) and left at 6 p.m., and I didn't see on it any of my 3 trips through the parking lot. There were a lot of cars around 4:45 for the little leaguers. Good luck
Mucky

Postby vette-ss » April 5th, 2012, 10:13 am

Does anyone have a cycle computer distances on this trail? I've only ridden a couple of times, but I could recognize the additions. My Garmin last year said 4.6 mi. Yesterday I used the Endomondo app on my phone and got an average of 4.7 miles. Is this anywhere close to accurate? I know GPS based systems can be inaccurate on the tighter twisty trails.
vette-ss

Postby mtbfree » April 5th, 2012, 10:49 am

vette-ss wrote:Does anyone have a cycle computer distances on this trail? I've only ridden a couple of times, but I could recognize the additions. My Garmin last year said 4.6 mi. Yesterday I used the Endomondo app on my phone and got an average of 4.7 miles. Is this anywhere close to accurate? I know GPS based systems can be inaccurate on the tighter twisty trails.

I've see GPS apps on phones get the distance wayy wrong on this trail. It's tight and twisty enough that a friend's phone with a GPS app told us we had ridden something like 12 miles before it "self-corrected" down to 6 miles or so.
I'm just here to ride...

-'15 Transition Scout
-'15 Trek Session 88
-'04 Santa Cruz Chameleon
mtbfree

Postby redwoods22 » April 5th, 2012, 1:39 pm

I have 5.21 on my garmin 500 with speed sensor from Nov (before the additions).. I've ridden it since, but added mileage to and from the trail wipes that data out.
redwoods22

Postby vette-ss » April 5th, 2012, 2:23 pm

Well, I took a closer look and it's pretty much garbage data. When I look at my on-line Endomondo account, I can overlay the track with a satellite map. It has me riding all over the golf course and into the pond quite a bit. And places where you can see the trail in the picture, my track is all over the place. So much for getting good data. I suppose its an ok estimate but not good for much more than that. I guess that's what you get for free. It looks like the sampling frequency is pretty small, and it just puts a straight line between each sample. This clips off a lot of the trails curves and twists. Plus the occasional points where the accuracy is off. I guess it's just coincidence that multiple laps were within 0.1 miles distance of each other. Maybe Strava is better.
vette-ss

Postby Mucky » April 5th, 2012, 11:05 pm

I rode here on Mon. and 3/25. Did 3 laps each time and had 5.6 miles (5.57-5.59. Just rounded up) on every lap. This was from trail head sign to trail head sign. 3 weeks ago it was 5.4, but on 3/25 I noticed the newer section. I used MapMyRide, and it was way off, just over 3 miles short for 3 laps. Endomondo was pretty dead nuts at PLRA, within a 1/10 or so. I'll have to try Endomondo next time I head to Milford
Mucky

Postby wompasaurus » April 6th, 2012, 7:03 pm

rode the first half twice today. great trail. lots of litter around though. if you start from the baseball fields right after the log pile looks like someone lost control and plowed straight into the brush made me laugh for a good min. over all good trail had a few problems mainly the hill by the ymca couldn't make it all the way up i now understand i need to get way more speed. then the rock garden that first rock is pretty hefty and kind of hard to get around. lots of roots coming up overall great trail i think this will go in my daily ride. ill be out there around 3 tomorrow hope to finish the whole trail this time.
wompasaurus

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions