MCMBA: Milford

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro South: Milford

Postby Hermannator » March 5th, 2012, 9:24 pm

mwilson7-
In my opinion, the section from the dam to the trail-head will be ready first, perhaps sooner than we expect. You can loop back on the pavement. From the trail-head to "refrigerator hill" will have a few bad spots. Unfortunately it will take a while for the low section by Commerce Road and the loop by the golf course to get into shape. Two years ago Milford was ready really early (like the 3rd week of March). Last year, not really until April. Lets hope with the mild winter we can get out sooner than later. Being that the Hick also dries out amazingly early, a Milford/ Hickory Glen loop in the second half of March will not be surprising.
Hermannator

Postby Builder-Bill » March 8th, 2012, 10:29 pm

Trail is in good shape and ready to ride... That may change with the weather.
I just finished adding a new section of trail .... Its Flat.. :wink:.. :twisted: and needs to be ridden in.
Bill
Milford TC
Builder-Bill

Postby Moto339 » March 9th, 2012, 9:08 am

Builder-Bill wrote: Its Flat.. :wink:.. :twisted: and needs to be ridden in.
Bill
Milford TC

I sense a little sarcasm!! Hopefully the sun does its thing these next two day's and I can get out their Sunday for a couple spins. The doc has released me to start riding finally, so some Flat :wink: land would probably be a good way to start the season off.

Thanks for all your time and work on this great trail!!!!
What is Stopping You?
Moto339

Postby BForhan » March 9th, 2012, 11:52 am

Flat?? is that at all possible there for longer than 20 feet? Where is the new section and how much longer if any did it make the trail?

Brian
BForhan

Postby mwilson7 » March 9th, 2012, 12:28 pm

Thanks for the ok Bill!

I can't wait to hit the trail this weekend.....

This trails going to be 6 miles long before we know it!
Mark
mwilson7

Postby mwilson7 » March 11th, 2012, 7:25 pm

Trail is in great shape and the new addition is yet another improvement to a great trail!
Mark
mwilson7

Postby Loren » March 13th, 2012, 11:28 pm

I'm looking for some great still photos of Milford for our new chapter website. If you've got any favorites that highlight the trail and the vibe of Milford, and are the copyright holder and don't mind sharing them on our website, please drop me a line at loren.konkus @ gmail.com

Thanks!
Loren

Postby Mucky » March 14th, 2012, 8:27 pm

I just rode this trail for the first time this evening. WOW! What a great trail. It was so good, I did 3 laps.
It was in great shape too. A little slick with the leaves, and a few greasy spots, but still in great shape.
Mucky

Postby ihateplaindave » March 15th, 2012, 8:12 am

I rode Milford on Tues and rode thru it yesterday. I can't believe how many people are riding this trail. I used to have it all to myself. Those days are gone.
ihateplaindave

Postby amadkins » March 15th, 2012, 9:16 am

ihateplaindave wrote:I rode Milford on Tues and rode thru it yesterday. I can't believe how many people are riding this trail. I used to have it all to myself. Those days are gone.

Yeah, I was none too happy when they ran that freeway through the middle of the woods out there. That paved path has brought a ton of people with it.
amadkins

Postby Mucky » March 15th, 2012, 10:39 pm

I think the paved trail is great. I road ride it all the way to Island Lk, and back. No traffic to deal with. I will agree it bring more people to the MTB trail. But, I can't think of another trail that is free to ride, if you park. And for free, the trail is kept up really good. I come from Co., where every trail has multi-uses. Not to mention, they are all 2 way. And the people don't *beep* about it, they say hi and go on their way. If you don't like the traffic, go somewhere else.
Mucky

Postby mtbmillers » March 16th, 2012, 7:39 am

I agree, the new paved trail has really brought enthusiasm for biking to the community, and I love to see people enjoy the sport as much as I do. I have been riding the Milford trail from the moment the trail builders broke ground (so no you have not had it all to yourself), and yes it is busier, but that is definitely not a bad thing. Compared to a lot of cities in and around Detroit, I would much rather see a happy happening community over the alternative.
mtbmillers

Postby ibisman » March 16th, 2012, 8:12 am

if you want the trails all to your self get out and ride in the winter like we do.
And the best ride last year was from ILRA around milford and back to ILRA or around Hickory Glen through Proud lake, around Milford and back to Hickory Glen.
Martyrs or marines
who do you think gets,,
the virgins?
USMC 1968-1972
32,845.5 total trail miles since 2002
TRAIL Miles for 2014--1809.9-. 2015 fatbike trail miles--:1416
2016 miles..... 228 1/2 :)

Co-trail coordinator Lakeview drive /Hines drive trails
ibisman

Postby ihateplaindave » March 16th, 2012, 11:47 am

I have actually been riding Milford since BEFORE it was an official MTB trail. However, I was misunderstood. I like that more people are riding Milford. I am in the minority, but I don't mind the paved trail running thru there. It gives more options. BTW, I do ride it all winter (along w/ ILRA, Pontiac, Proud Lake, The Hick and Highland) and I ride many AMs at dawn. So I get to ride all alone all the time.
ihateplaindave

Postby amadkins » March 16th, 2012, 1:00 pm

Mucky wrote:...If you don't like the traffic, go somewhere else.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'd rather just continue to *beep* about it and keep going since it's convenient with my work commute.
amadkins

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions