MCMBA: Milford

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Milford

Postby hopsbag » April 22nd, 2013, 7:11 pm

After the two way bridge, up and over the culvert, tight left up and over some roots, then tight right along the pave trail, then tight right again over the rocks, and down again, except....someone's filled in over all the rocks with soil, smoothing off what was only a mildly challenging obstacle to begin with. Please tell me this is bandit work and not a sanctioned trail modification.
hopsbag

Postby BForhan » April 23rd, 2013, 3:48 am

hopsbag wrote:After the two way bridge, up and over the culvert, tight left up and over some roots, then tight right along the pave trail, then tight right again over the rocks, and down again, except....someone's filled in over all the rocks with soil, smoothing off what was only a mildly challenging obstacle to begin with. Please tell me this is bandit work and not a sanctioned trail modification.

I love and hate that area at the same time. I hope it is a bandit who is trying to dumb it down and that the dirt can be removed.

Brian
BForhan

Postby amadkins » April 23rd, 2013, 5:55 am

BForhan wrote:
hopsbag wrote:After the two way bridge, up and over the culvert, tight left up and over some roots, then tight right along the pave trail, then tight right again over the rocks, and down again, except....someone's filled in over all the rocks with soil, smoothing off what was only a mildly challenging obstacle to begin with. Please tell me this is bandit work and not a sanctioned trail modification.

I love and hate that area at the same time. I hope it is a bandit who is trying to dumb it down and that the dirt can be removed.

Brian

This happens periodically, and Bill restores the feature with some added challenge. Fret not.
amadkins

Postby Builder-Bill » April 24th, 2013, 11:02 pm

No it wasn't a bandit at work... it was I.... That big rock that I had placed in the trail a few years back, had started to come loss. :( It needed a little shoring up with a few new rocks.
Give it a little time, it will become challenging again.

Bill and Sam the trail Dog
Milford TC
Last edited by Builder-Bill on April 26th, 2013, 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Builder-Bill

Postby hopsbag » April 25th, 2013, 8:51 am

Builder-Bill wrote:

No it wasn't a bandit at work... it was I.... That big rock that I had placed in the trail a few years back, had started to come loss. :( It needed a little shoring up with a few new rocks.
Give it a time little it will become challenging again.

Bill and Sam the trail Dog
Milford TC

Good to know, Bill. I was tempted to go back and kick that soil out of there, but then decided I had no business doing so. That's why I posted here. Thanks
hopsbag

Postby c0nsumer » April 25th, 2013, 8:55 am

For what it's worth, a bunch of us TCs regularly cover some roots and rocks with dirt. I like to think of this as using dirt and clay to grout things that'll come loose back in place. Give it a month or so and it'll be back to normal.
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby dirt » April 25th, 2013, 9:37 am

c0nsumer wrote:For what it's worth, a bunch of us TCs regularly cover some roots and rocks with dirt. I like to think of this as using dirt and clay to grout things that'll come loose back in place. Give it a month or so and it'll be back to normal.

Right.. Rocks and roots that become more and more exposed over time are the result of soil packing down around them, or being washed away over time. Packing in soil around these features return the trail to it's more original design, and help keep them in place. Without this, rocks often come lose and end up moving off the trail, and roots often become so exposed that they break off.
Nick Shue
Big Ring Coffee MTB
The content of my posts are not the opinions of CRAMBA/IMBA, and should not be construed as such

I...completely...agree........with Nick. -Di_bear
I have problems with flakiness.. -Di_Bear
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain.. and most fools do.
dirt
Administrator

Postby amadkins » April 29th, 2013, 6:05 pm

The new section was still pretty soft this afternoon. Had to walk a lot of it.
amadkins

Postby AllMountin' » May 5th, 2013, 9:57 pm

That ish is perfect right now.
--=Steve=--

Tom Robbins wrote:It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
AllMountin'

Postby mwilson7 » May 6th, 2013, 8:56 am

Trail is perfect as of this morning! Get out and ride!

Was there some type of race this last weekend as there are white temporary trail direction signs posted along the trail.
Mark
mwilson7

Postby Builder-Bill » May 12th, 2013, 10:10 pm

The Trail Is in great shape. I cut down the low hanging tree at the begining of the trail , its all clear. :) :)
Bill
Builder-Bill

Postby Dakota Kid » May 14th, 2013, 2:59 pm

Builder-Bill,
When you and I met last month, you mentioned an event that was going to be held on your trail this summer. Any info on it yet?

Brett
Dakota Kid

Postby amadkins » May 14th, 2013, 5:49 pm

Dakota Kid wrote:Builder-Bill,
When you and I met last month, you mentioned an event that was going to be held on your trail this summer. Any info on it yet?

Brett

If you're referring to the Milford Challenge, I'm pretty sure it's June 1st. There's a recent thread with the particulars somewhere on the board.
amadkins

Postby goin-postal » May 15th, 2013, 11:36 am

Trails in great shape. Nice work on the new stuff.
goin-postal

Postby J/C » May 15th, 2013, 3:51 pm

amadkins wrote:
Dakota Kid wrote:Builder-Bill,

Brett

If you're referring to the Milford Challenge, I'm pretty sure it's June 1st. There's a recent thread with the particulars somewhere on the board.

Yes! Milford Trail Challenge is Saturday June 1, starting at 8a downtown Milford. Check the chapter website http://www.mcmba.org for details.

John
Proud Lake Asst. T/C
J/C

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments