MCMBA: Milford

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Milford

Postby Builder-Bill » April 9th, 2013, 3:56 pm

BForhan wrote:I have never seen him in all my times there, but I do think I and many others owe him a burger and beer for this work of art he has built.

Brian

Thanks Brian, Glad you Like my art work.. :)
I think all the Trail Builders and Trail TC's in the area should get,... Those Burgers and Beers. :) :)
Everyone puts in lots of hours to keeps our trails in Mi. in great shape... They deserve Burgers and Beer Too :lol: :lol:
I'll get you a headcount later.. :)

Its funny how may times someone questions me... "Way are you in the woods with Loppers and Chainsaw? "
When you tell them way ...They get this baffled look on there face... Like... Don't Trails just appear...and clear themselves?
Next question:
"Is someone paying you to be doing this.?." aka.. Is my taxpayers money paying for this... LOL.
Bill and Sam the Trail Dog
Milford and Proud Lake TC
Builder-Bill

Postby mwilson7 » April 9th, 2013, 6:45 pm

Bill,

Where are you considering the beginning and end when you get 6.1 miles? From the Commerce Rd entrance to the SW corner of the baseball fields?

Let me know where and when and I'll pitch in to help pay for the beer and burgers!!
Mark
mwilson7

Postby BForhan » April 10th, 2013, 3:56 am

Builder-Bill wrote:
BForhan wrote:I have never seen him in all my times there, but I do think I and many others owe him a burger and beer for this work of art he has built.

Brian

Thanks Brian, Glad you Like my art work.. :)
I think all the Trail Builders and Trail TC's in the area should get,... Those Burgers and Beers. :) :)
Everyone puts in lots of hours to keeps our trails in Mi. in great shape... They deserve Burgers and Beer Too :lol: :lol:
I'll get you a headcount later.. :)

Its funny how may times someone questions me... "Way are you in the woods with Loppers and Chainsaw? "
When you tell them way ...They get this baffled look on there face... Like... Don't Trails just appear...and clear themselves?
Next question:
"Is someone paying you to be doing this.?." aka.. Is my taxpayers money paying for this... LOL.

I am sure that I could not pay for everyone of you TC or Builders for a burger and beer. Just a regular working guy. Hope to meet you out there one day Bill.

To your point yes all of you guys do deserve that burger and beer.

I have done lots of the volunteer stuff running leagues,matches and clinics over the years. Also to your point many people are suprised that I or we are doing it for free. Try and explain that we are doing for the love of growth of the sport or what ever and they do get that glass eyed baffled look.

Brian Forhan
BForhan

Postby G.Cook » April 10th, 2013, 8:28 am

Next question:

One of the reasons the Poto chapter purchased hunter orange LS tee's for any trail crew who put in 10 hr.s or more volunteer hours. With nice big letters on the back, VOLUNTEER and the Poto logo on the front. :wink: The guys got tired of being mistaken for the DNR or some community service/jail bird work requirement. :lol:
G.Cook

Postby b_b » April 10th, 2013, 9:23 am

LOL the next time I see a trail worker I'm going to ask to see their work release papers... :)
b_b

Postby Coyote » April 10th, 2013, 11:59 am

Dakota Kid wrote:Near the end of second lap, I was passed by another rider who I chatted with briefly in the parking lot, before he started his second lap. He works at the Proving Grounds, so if you're on here, it was nice meeting you.

It was nice meeting you too Brett!

Milford has always been one of the fastest drying trails in the area. The new trail change appeared to bypass some of the muddier sections, making it even better. Great work!
Coyote

Postby Builder-Bill » April 10th, 2013, 12:18 pm

mwilson7 wrote:Bill,

Where are you considering the beginning and end when you get 6.1 miles? From the Commerce Rd entrance to the SW corner of the baseball fields?

Let me know where and when and I'll pitch in to help pay for the beer and burgers!!

6 miles from trail head parking lot (baseball fields ) back to the trail head. It feels like 10 miles at times... :lol: :lol:
If you are using a GPS based systems, they don't work well on tight twisty trails like Milford.
Bill
Builder-Bill

Postby G.Cook » April 10th, 2013, 4:17 pm

6 miles from trail head parking lot (baseball fields ) back to the trail head. It feels like 10 miles at times...
If you are using a GPS based systems, they don't work well on tight twisty trails like Milford.

:lol: That's what I always tell folks when I describe Milford......."but it feels like 10".
G.Cook

Postby sndmn2 » April 13th, 2013, 11:10 am

I just discovered this trail . I like it. Not a fast trail but feels that way with all the turns.It will help me out in cornering and brake control. What it really teaches me is how to be a better stand up rider. I just started MTB last year and it has been the best training, physically and technique wise for motorcycle enduro riding than anything Ive tried in the past. As far as trail maintanance, Its a thankless job. Our riding group maintanes about 75 miles of trail up north. But we look at them as social events.. Clean some trail,do some riding at the same time and then go to dinner. Post up when you need some help and if I'm available I"ll show. Thanks.
sndmn2

Postby CraveSingletrack » April 14th, 2013, 11:34 am

Is Milford ride-able today?
CraveSingletrack

Postby ChrisInYpsi » April 14th, 2013, 12:31 pm

Just finished a lap. It's rideable but marginal. Definitely need to walk a couple mud pits around 1.75 miles. A few other soft spots but if you ride them down the center so as not to widen the trail it should be fine.

I also rode Maybury this morning and it was much drier.
ChrisInYpsi

Postby Steve_Balogh » April 14th, 2013, 2:02 pm

Did a couple laps this morning - I got off my fatbike and rolled it back and forth over some deep ruts following a couple large puddles of water in the new section. Everything else was fine. On my second lap I was riding through freezing rain and snow starting falling when I got back to the trailhead.
Steve_Balogh

Postby Builder-Bill » April 18th, 2013, 4:18 pm

I just finished rerouting the trail around the 1st big mud hole in the new section.
Sorry about that wet spot, when I laid the trail out I didn't think that area would flood. :( :(
At the second smaller soft spot I will cut in a buy pass in the next few days be use when wet.
The new...new... reroute did add a little more trail.. :D :D :D
The trail is in great shape. I did see a few riders today before the storms rolled in.
Bill and Sam the trail dog.
Milford TC
Builder-Bill

Postby BForhan » April 20th, 2013, 7:57 am

Has anyone been out since the rain and wind? If so what are the conditions looking to ride Island Lake then ride through Kensington to do the Milford loop and back to Island Lake tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks, Brian
BForhan

Postby shady » April 20th, 2013, 7:15 pm

Rode the trail tonight for a couple of laps and it is in astonishingly good shape. A couple of small holes in the low area that were a bit soft and one section near the north side of the golf course that I had to walk around. Picked up a few branches that had blown down. Great job, Bill!
shady

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments