MCMBA: Milford

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Metro South: Milford 6/7/11

Postby ibisman » June 7th, 2011, 12:55 pm

HamHock and I rode from ILRA into Milford and he did the Milford trail for the first time. Very nice new sections and a great overall trail. Thanks.
Martyrs or marines
who do you think gets,,
the virgins?
USMC 1968-1972
32,845.5 total trail miles since 2002
TRAIL Miles for 2014--1809.9-. 2015 fatbike trail miles--:1416
2016 miles..... 228 1/2 :)

Co-trail coordinator Lakeview drive /Hines drive trails
ibisman

Re: Metro South: Milford

Postby amadkins » June 10th, 2011, 8:07 pm

mwilson7 wrote:Bill,

Thanks for putting on the Milford Challenge today. Rode a total of 61 miles today and FINALLY did the Kensington to Proud Lake connector. I liked the addition to Milford Trail but it took me by surprise as you turn hard right when you expect to go straight. I think we'll see some tire tracks heading straight off in that area very soon! :)

That first right turn of the new section really snuck up on me. The old a hole was winking pretty good there for a few seconds - thought I was going over the side of the bank.
amadkins

Postby Builder-Bill » June 11th, 2011, 8:54 am

amadkins wrote:
mwilson7 wrote:Bill,

Thanks for putting on the Milford Challenge today. Rode a total of 61 miles today and FINALLY did the Kensington to Proud Lake connector. I liked the addition to Milford Trail but it took me by surprise as you turn hard right when you expect to go straight. I think we'll see some tire tracks heading straight off in that area very soon! :)

That first right turn of the new section really snuck up on me. The old a hole was winking pretty good there for a few seconds - thought I was going over the side of the bank.

It just adds a little excitement to your ride.. Take you off cruise control... Get that Old Heart Pumping.. Not the Same Old Flat Milford Trail Ride.... Over and Over again... :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted:

Bill
Milford TC and The guy you can blame for that... LOL
Builder-Bill

Postby Builder-Bill » June 11th, 2011, 10:36 am

Thanks to all of you that made it out to the Milford Trail Challenge last weekend, in the 90 deg heat.. :D :D :D
Coming to this event helps show your support of the great trails in the area and the MMBA. It also highlight the Village of Milford as a trail hub. Thanks agian.
As of now I only know of two guys that finished the hole 98 miles this year.. Hats Off to Otto and Craig Fuelling.. The rest of us did the sensible thing...and went to the Bar. Also Hats Off to the Guy from Iowa ( I Cannot remember his name ), who just moved to Warren a few weeks ago. He rode His Surly Pugsley from Warren to the event and back to Warren.
You guys are all animals..

Thank you all.
Bill Hermann
TC Milford and Proud Lake
Builder-Bill

Postby J/C » June 15th, 2011, 11:30 am

Rode Milford last night and it is in prime condition. Dry and fast. The new section is a good addition.
-John
J/C

Postby Builder-Bill » June 17th, 2011, 9:50 am

A few face slapers are starting to appear at Milford. If anyone wants to help me out, Trimming it Back, go right ahead. I'm a little busy right now.
Just don't use any power tools... Other then a weed wacker with out me being there.
I will be running Mower through the field section in a few weeks.
Let me know your trail hrs.
Thanks
Bill
Milford and Proud Lake TC
Builder-Bill

Re: Metro South: Milford 6/19/11

Postby ibisman » June 19th, 2011, 12:35 pm

milford was nice this morning...I rode out from Commerce and back. Great trail!
Martyrs or marines
who do you think gets,,
the virgins?
USMC 1968-1972

ibisman

Postby jwhitey » June 19th, 2011, 8:57 pm

I did a couple laps yesterday and I was impressed! What a great trail. It was my first visit this year and only the second or third time ever. There is a two way section at the end/beginning that could be sketchy with a lot of traffic. It's a great section of trail but not for two way traffic.
jwhitey

Postby Builder-Bill » June 20th, 2011, 11:18 pm

jwhitey wrote:I did a couple laps yesterday and I was impressed! What a great trail. It was my first visit this year and only the second or third time ever. There is a two way section at the end/beginning that could be sketchy with a lot of traffic. It's a great section of trail but not for two way traffic.

Do you mean the 200 ft of Two-way trail that goes across the bridge?

Builder-Bill

Postby jwhitey » June 21st, 2011, 1:19 am

Yes, at the end the signs tell you to go right and eventually out on the ball field. Go rt. around the corner of the fence and from here I went left and back in to the woods where the trail joins the main trail after a short section. I turn right to head back to the trail head. Ridden like this the last little bit is 2 way also but I have a feeling that's not the intended route.
jwhitey

Postby ihateplaindave » June 21st, 2011, 7:43 am

No, you stay along the ball fields to get to the parking lot. The last bridge is two-way. I understand that the long-term plan is to reroute the boring last few hundred yards into the woods.
ihateplaindave

Postby J/C » June 22nd, 2011, 9:00 am

Rode last night just before the storm. If anyone is heading out, there's a branch/treetop hanging low just past the set of whoops with bridges towards the end. Looks like a live branch that snapped. A folding hand saw would probably take care of it. Otherwise trail was great. Love the log skinny, we need more and skinnier!
J/C

Postby Builder-Bill » June 24th, 2011, 7:52 pm

J/C wrote:Rode last night just before the storm. If anyone is heading out, there's a branch/treetop hanging low just past the set of whoops with bridges towards the end. Looks like a live branch that snapped. A folding hand saw would probably take care of it. Otherwise trail was great. Love the log skinny, we need more and skinnier!

The branch and downed tree is cleared.
Bill and Sam The Trail Dog
Builder-Bill

Postby mwilson7 » June 28th, 2011, 7:22 pm

Is there an organized ride on the Milford Trail at 6:30?
Mark
mwilson7

milford 7/14/2011

Postby ibisman » July 14th, 2011, 12:40 pm

rode out from Commerce and did 2 laps and the trail at milford is one of my favorite trails. very nice. Thanks to builder bob and all who maintain the trail!
Martyrs or marines
who do you think gets,,
the virgins?
USMC 1968-1972

ibisman

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions