MCMBA: Proud Lake

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: MCMBA: Proud Lake

Postby Steve_Balogh » March 6th, 2016, 12:00 pm

Awesome fat bike conditions. Not too much traffic. Some hiking activity going on. Did Loops 2 and 3. Some walking required on three, but two is pretty fast now. Lots of snow and it's still twenty nine degrees at noon, no sun.
Steve_Balogh

Postby rushonbike » March 27th, 2016, 11:34 am

I was wondering is this trail worth a go? I tried this trail once, I think in 2013. When I got to the power lines the park service was cutting the the clearing, it was a mess. I couldn't find where the trail picked up on the other side. I went in the other direction... since trail wasn't well marked, or well ridden, and I was alone... I called it quits. So now, three years later, is this a good trail now?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
rushonbike

Postby Hermannator » March 27th, 2016, 12:32 pm

Worth a go in conjunction with Milford and/or the Kensington Connector... Three very different trails in one ride...
Hermannator

Postby Hermannator » April 1st, 2016, 5:50 pm

All of Proud lake is clear except for three trees down on Loop 3. The first two are before the wall as you ride the "loop of pain" from the railroad crossing. The last is coming back to the rr crossing on the "route of minor discomfort". All are within shouting distance from each other.
Loop 4 is muddy after you cross Childs lake Road and head toward the rr tracks. Would avoid for now. A bit of mud in the usual spots on Loop 1.
Loop 2 is great.
Hermannator

Postby Spinwheel » April 11th, 2016, 8:28 pm

The campground dirt road was soaked / lots of standing water tonight. Avoided the Loops and stuck to dirt roads... Checked the Milford Shortcut to the Kensington Connector.. no good, lots of standing water. The ground is half frozen in spots and not draining well, ... yet. Dirt roads were messy and perfect. Keep an eye on the overnight temps - we may continue to hover near freezing for a few days which prolongs the drying process..
Tim
TC, Hickory Glen Park - Commerce Twp.
Spinwheel

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments