Western: Edwards Creek

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: Western: Edwards Creek

Postby T-rex » April 8th, 2011, 8:56 pm

Super, sounds like we have at least 3 so far.
T-rex

Postby watergod1 » April 9th, 2011, 11:57 am

Count me in for next Sunday
watergod1

**TRAIL DAY CHANGE AT EDWARDS CREEK**

Postby T-rex » April 10th, 2011, 2:32 pm

I had posted that we were going to have a trail day on Sunday AP 17th at 10, I need to change that to Saturday the 16th, 10-2 at the trail head. Hope this doesn't mess anyone up in terms of being able to make it.

We're planning on raking the trail, picking up brush and trimming as well as tending to some of the structures that need a little attention.

Hope to see you out there.

T
T-rex

Trail

Postby watergod1 » April 23rd, 2011, 10:01 pm

Just rode the trail today a little muddy but otherwise it was fun. The one thing that I am a little concerned about just as many other people on this board is the easing of the trail. I was very upset that some parts of the trail have been eased because they were to hard for some people. I understand that the idea is to get people out riding but at what cost. Some people that used to come to Greenville to ride the trail no longer come because it has been made too easy. Well there are people trying to restoer Edwards Creek to it past and maybe future glory. Please come out on trail clean up days and help. Please everyone who rides the trail do not make things easier to do by creating reroutes, challenge yourself and make it. More to come in the future.
watergod1

Postby gtrowbridge » May 6th, 2011, 8:42 pm

Anybody got a trail report for me?
Ionia State Recreation Area Trail Coordinator
"They say that the journey can be more important than the destination. In Mountain biking there is no destination. Just the bike. The rider. And a place to ride." - Roam
gtrowbridge

Postby T-rex » May 7th, 2011, 12:43 pm

been about a week since I was out but I'd imagine the trail is in pretty good shape right now.
T-rex

Postby watergod1 » May 9th, 2011, 6:17 pm

There are a few spots that are finally drying up but overall in good shape. t-Rex when should we go out and do somemore work?
watergod1

Postby T-rex » May 9th, 2011, 8:35 pm

I was just thinking of getting back out there. Talked with Richard about our plans to add back in some of the structure, he seemed OK with it, I just need to firm up some structural lumber. Maybe the next weekend or 2 we could start clearing and cleaning up a couple of spots. Let me know what your schedule looks like.

Wouldn't mind having another trail/clean up day to focus on picking up trash as well!
T-rex

Postby volklgirl » May 10th, 2011, 9:01 am

I'd be happy to help out, but am tied up with a birthday party this weekend, and the BOW and Northern Chapter chainsaw class next weekend. After that I'm free until June 11th, I think.
Cadillac Pathway TC & NMMBA Treasurer
2012 Trail Work Hours = 12
Image Stupidity SHOULD be painful!!
2012 Miles
29er=222.9, SS=7.86, Commuter=96.6, Geared=0, Jekyll=25.5, Super V=41.4, Roadie=0
volklgirl

Postby T-rex » May 10th, 2011, 10:30 am

Volkigirl, if we have another trail day here in the next few weeks, I'll post it on the forum.
T-rex

Postby watergod1 » May 12th, 2011, 10:51 pm

This weekend is booked for me but the weekend after that is open for me.
watergod1

Trail conditions

Postby T-rex » June 6th, 2011, 4:42 pm

The trail is riding pretty well given the rain and wind we've had. Things are growing FAST and the trail could certainly use some trimming in places. If anyone is available to take a section and cut things back or mow it would be appreciated. If so, post what section you've cleared so other can clear a different section. The amended T-Pee is riding nice, thanks watergod!
T-rex

Postby watergod1 » June 8th, 2011, 4:56 pm

I'm going to get out there this weekend or maybe early next week to do some mowing so if someone could trim the trees up I'll get the other stuff
watergod1

Postby gtrowbridge » June 13th, 2011, 9:26 am

Rode EC and Shearer yesterday.
EC was in great shape.
Just love that it throws things at you all the time. You never get a break there. You always have to be "on".
Such a great challenge and different from anything else around. Needing the low speed torque is a great change.

Riding to Shearer via the Fred Meijer trail is awesome.
17.5 miles total for the day between the two trails.
Ionia State Recreation Area Trail Coordinator
"They say that the journey can be more important than the destination. In Mountain biking there is no destination. Just the bike. The rider. And a place to ride." - Roam
gtrowbridge

Postby Mark H. » July 22nd, 2011, 11:36 am

Just to let others know to go & do both trails. I did your route & loved it, didn't know that the pave trail would get you to both, I liked it so much I went back 3 days later & did it again w/1 lap @ Edwards & 2 @ Shear Rd trail & back.
Mark H.

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments