Western: Edwards Creek

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Postby mtbyker » October 17th, 2007, 10:37 pm

rings wrote:
x98myers7 wrote:as i recall, it's around mile 5. it's the last ladder obstacle before the teeter totter

I hit the trail this morning and didn't really see anything amiss after checking the ladder for any loose parts, so either I missed it or someone fixed it. :D

Ya', no problem w/ the ladder for me today either. The new berms and whoop-de-doos are sweet and will be killer in a few weeks!!
Kwitchyerbellyakin. -- Irish saying

http://stores.ebay.com/mtbyker-bikes-and-parts
mtbyker

Postby unabomber » October 22nd, 2007, 7:29 pm

Yeah we saw Matt working on it the other day, must be he got it fixed.Thanks for helping out man.
Businessmen, they drink my wine, plowmen dig my earth,
None of them along the line know what any of it is worth."

"Bob Dylan"
unabomber

Riding during rifle season

Postby Edward creek » November 14th, 2007, 10:26 pm

The Edward Creek trail and the Shearer rd trail are in the city limmits of Greenville and no hunting is allowed. Both trails are dry and in prime condition. The EC trail is 7.5 miles of single track and Shearwer rd is 4.5 mi. We now have a 2 mile blacktop trail conecting the two for a total of 16 miles of riding.
Edward creek

edwards creek

Postby sparky » November 19th, 2007, 4:24 pm

Rode EC today for the first time since the trail day. Things look great! I love the new drop! Nice job taking care of some of those rutted and eroded sections as well. Also, HUGE kudos to the gentleman who was out with his blower clearing the trail! Do you have a snowblower too? :lol:
Sparky
sparky

Trail Condition EC Greenville

Postby Edward creek » January 9th, 2008, 4:20 pm

I just rode the entire 7.5 miles of the Edward Creek Trail. There is no mud or water. The frost seems to be gone. Ther are a couple of blow down trees and a couple of places where the city piled snow but they are easily bypassed.

RM
Edward creek

Postby x98myers7 » April 7th, 2008, 8:21 am

EC is in quite good shape overall. with the great weather this weekend i decided to make the 2hr trek up north. well worth it. a few muddy spots, but nothing that can't be ridden through.

someone placed a smaller angle-cut log right at the face of the large log pile. it is a poorly placed "ramp" which makes it impossible to get over the pile. that needs to be removed.

the trail leading up to the elevated ladder section just before the large log pile is washed out pretty bad.

huge props again to the greenville crew for putting together such a great trail. i look forward to riding it every time.
x98myers7

Postby unabomber » June 12th, 2008, 2:53 pm

A BIG Thank you to who ever has been mowing.. nice work
Businessmen, they drink my wine, plowmen dig my earth,
None of them along the line know what any of it is worth."

"Bob Dylan"
unabomber

Postby mtbyker » June 29th, 2008, 2:36 pm

Trails in great shape! No mud to speak of. A great place to play!
Kwitchyerbellyakin. -- Irish saying

http://stores.ebay.com/mtbyker-bikes-and-parts
mtbyker

Dead fall

Postby judgehopkins » July 3rd, 2008, 6:41 pm

Need to watch out, there is a lot of deadfall from the storms on 7-2.
judgehopkins

edwards creek

Postby sparky » July 4th, 2008, 9:46 pm

For anyone venturing to Edwards Creek, there are some larger trees down in some spots ( I recall four ). Nice job to whomever cleaned up what they had already, it was apparent there was alot more damage than that. Also, the newer drop appears to have been a storm casualty as well. I can only imagine what creation will replace it!!!! Does that deer that I see EVERY time I ride have a name???? :)
sparky

Postby Special Goodness » August 31st, 2008, 7:23 pm

The trail was in good condition on Friday. Some sections of the trail were a little bit sandy, but nothing too bad. All the obstacles seemed to be in good repair.

The large fallen tree with logs stacked on either side (shortly after crossing the stream) has been completely neutered. The addition of a ladder on the approach side drops this obstacle from an intermediate challenge to nothing special. I would be comfortable riding it on my race bike. You can still ride the length of the fallen tree but someone added a short length of ladder there too. These ladders aren?t needed. This feature has been there a long time and hasn?t degraded. It?s not a super-difficult or dangerous feature and it?s a better psychological challenge without the manmade crutches.
-The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your action.
-Half of all people are below average.
-President, FSU Cycling (find it on Facebook)
Special Goodness

New 'section' of EC Trail

Postby sparky » September 1st, 2008, 4:58 pm

Kudos to whom I believe is the TC, Rich, who had just brushed a new line of trail at the chainring eating rock, just prior to the collarbone drop! I was happy to be part of the quality control and complete the first official crash in my quest to help 'ride in' the new trail!

Nice work!

Sparky
sparky

Back wards riding

Postby bignlow » November 7th, 2008, 6:32 am

Rode the trail Wednesday after noon and ignored the wrong way signs and what a blast.
I would like to propose a backwards week, lets say the last week of each month, what does everyone think?
bignlow

Riding EC backwards

Postby T-rex » November 10th, 2008, 6:07 pm

Bigs, I second that motion. EC is a great trail backwards, several of the berms and a couple of the stunts, in my opinion, ride better backwards.

It makes it feel like a new trail, especially for the locals who ride it all the time.
T-rex

Postby trout_smith » November 24th, 2008, 7:48 am

Edwards is in good shape. Did a couple of laps yesterday. A couple of spots got slick as the day warmed above freezing, but most of the trail is without snow and frozen.

Warning: Someone built up and increased the angle of the downhill concrete jump... the one that is just after the concrete rock garden along the road. You can't see that it's different until you hit it. I flipped my bike and biffed hard.

Ride it before it's deep in snow!
http://www.mtb4u.com

The Motion Initative

"If you're going to be stupid, you better be tough." - Some crazy old coot from "Up North"
trout_smith

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions