Western: Edwards Creek

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Edwards creek trail

Postby Pocketwood » May 29th, 2005, 6:59 pm

I heard that a trail opened up in Greenville a couple of weeks ago,went to check it out today, nice work guys.seems like it was a little over 5 miles,lots of small quick climbes,roots,bumps,and rocks. nice wooded single track with alot of twists,and bumps..Some cool bridges too. Not a fast trail,and it's a little green yet,but I plan to ride it again,and again.

Out !
Pocketwood

Trail in Greenville?

Postby KonaGirl » June 2nd, 2005, 10:35 am

I heard about the new trail in Greenville also. Can someone please tell me where it is at? It's a bit of a drive, but if it s a good trail I'm up for it!
Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but rising every time we fall.
Oliver Goldsmith

Western Chapter Member
KonaGirl

Greenville - Edwards Creek

Postby Marc » June 6th, 2005, 10:48 am

The trail is off of Walnut at the softball fields behind the Community Center on the East side of town just off of M57. Technical ride. Its a new trail, so it is slower than most. The trail really needs some rain to help it settle in.
Marc

Re: Greenville - Edwards Creek

Postby Mike_D » June 6th, 2005, 11:05 am

Marc wrote:The trail is off of Walnut at the softball fields behind the Community Center on the East side of town just off of M57. Technical ride. Its a new trail, so it is slower than most. The trail really needs some rain to help it settle in.

Probably got the rain yesterday though? CSGA vicinity got 2-3 inches locally from what the weather people say.
Mike_D

Postby Marc » June 7th, 2005, 8:31 pm

The rain made a huge difference. The swampy section has had some sand added to it so it needs some good packing in. They also cut a new section in the south east corner that needs some good packing in. They also tilled up some of the grassy trails. The trail has come along way in the past couple of weeks. Keep up the great work Randy and crew!
Marc

Postby Pocketwood » June 12th, 2005, 6:23 pm

Kick ass
Last edited by Pocketwood on August 12th, 2005, 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pocketwood

Postby Scotty » June 13th, 2005, 9:46 am

I rode the Cannonsburg Ski Hill trail on Sunday 6/12. The trail is in good shape. The rain of late has kept the sand packed down well.

There is a tree down in the first half of the trail. It's on a fast, blind corner, just after the section where the plastic chair is. If anybody has a chainsaw, it would be much appreciated. The tree was too big for me to move.

Also, someone wasted a lot of energy moving almost all the log piles and existing logs from the trail. It must have been a 'group' effort, as a couple of the logs were very very heavy. I put most of them back. Please don't move logs unless they are not rideable. The stuff that was moved was all easy to ride and in a couple of spots actually helped slow traffic on the trail.
Scotty

Postby seether » June 24th, 2005, 9:43 am

rode greenville/edwards creek last night. the trail is getting more interesting and they are building more trail that is as yet unopen. i'm loving this new west side trail.

i'm not loving the deer flies though. they are vicious right now.
If you wish to study a granfalloon, just remove the skin of a toy balloon.—Bokonon
seether

Postby unabomber » June 24th, 2005, 10:33 pm

Nice and dry today, The bugs are not so bad if you can manage to catch them in your mouth,they are quite tasty ! Alot of work and improvement should be going on in the next two weeks depending on the heat.
unabomber

Greenville Edwards Creek Trail

Postby rmerren » July 3rd, 2005, 5:43 am

We have been adding new trail.,there are 3 new downhill runs. We hope to add 3 more miles yet this year.
This trail is trimmed and mowed but extremely technical. Come out and give it a try
rmerren

Postby Guppie » July 11th, 2005, 9:29 pm

I've never done this trail. I want to hit it this weekend, anything I should expect or prepare for? Thanks.
Guppie

Personal best

Postby bignlow » July 14th, 2005, 7:58 am

Rode last night personal best, 39min 33sec. Love new section.
Randy and Jeff are doing an awesome job on trail, planning to get out there and do some more trimming.
New logo for tire company, "Our tires bite as hard as Deer Flies" they are terrible right now. BRING LOTS OF BUG DOPE!!!
bignlow

Trail conditions

Postby T-rex » July 21st, 2005, 9:16 pm

Rode with a couple of guys Wednesday night in the rain. A little sloppy to say the least, was out Thursday and the trail was in decent shape though.
A couple of new sections, with a little more rain and more riding will be in good condition soon. The trail is really starting to take shape! Come on out to Greenville and ride, well worth a short drive to hit some new and exciting trail.
T-rex

Postby 2WheeledWarrior » July 26th, 2005, 2:15 pm

I rode Edwards Creek in Greenville on Sunday, great ride. I rode it on my spare bike, a cheapo that is too small for me...but, I had a blast. It was nice to ride a new, raw trail. It felt more wild and natural. I plan on riding it again soon. Great work, guys, very good work.
The Motion Initiative
Believers On Mountain Bikes, International
-Our love must be genuine. Hate what is evil, cling to what is good. (Romans 12:9)
2WheeledWarrior

Postby RickPlite » July 30th, 2005, 3:01 pm

I rode the trail today for the first time. This is definetly a tight and twisty course! A little slow and technical to suit my taste but will only get faster as it wears in a bit more. I had no idea were I is was going but somehow ended up back at the car with 5 miles on the pc. So I guess I missed a mile of trail somewhere. It would be nice if the arrows were numbered and you could follow a suggested route, until you had it put to memory and could ride the loops in different combinations. Comparible to Bass Rivers east section with a few Robinettes/Ionia stuff thown in.
Luton Park Trail Coordinator, West Michigan Mountain Biking Alliance
http://www.kisscross.com
http://www.lumberjack100.com
http://www.barry-roubaix.com
RickPlite

Next

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments