CRAMBA: Columbus County Park

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

CRAMBA: Columbus County Park

Postby c0nsumer » November 9th, 2012, 9:16 am

Trail conditions and comments for Columbus Park in St. Clair County.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Re: CRAMBA: Columbus County Park

Postby cjn1014 » July 26th, 2013, 11:45 am

unless i missed something, as far as single track, pretty overgrown. some heavy machinery was back there, for that pipeline right-of-way.
We train young men to drop fire on people, but their commanders won't allow them to write "*beep*" on their airplanes because it's obscene!
cjn1014

Postby dirt » July 26th, 2013, 12:15 pm

Last report I heard a few weeks ago from Todd was that things were pretty flooded and wet, so they are probably waiting for things to dry up to get some trimming done.
Nick Shue
Big Ring Coffee MTB
The content of my posts are not the opinions of CRAMBA/IMBA, and should not be construed as such

I...completely...agree........with Nick. -Di_bear
I have problems with flakiness.. -Di_Bear
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain.. and most fools do.
dirt
Administrator

Postby cjn1014 » July 26th, 2013, 2:31 pm

I found two sections of single track, both in the lowlands. Sort of like the back half of ruby campgrounds lowlands, across mill creek. Is there anything up on the ridge?
We train young men to drop fire on people, but their commanders won't allow them to write "*beep*" on their airplanes because it's obscene!
cjn1014

Postby dirt » July 26th, 2013, 3:04 pm

cjn1014 wrote:I found two sections of single track, both in the lowlands. Sort of like the back half of ruby campgrounds lowlands, across mill creek. Is there anything up on the ridge?

Not yet, that's the area of next development.
Nick Shue
Big Ring Coffee MTB
The content of my posts are not the opinions of CRAMBA/IMBA, and should not be construed as such

I...completely...agree........with Nick. -Di_bear
I have problems with flakiness.. -Di_Bear
Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain.. and most fools do.
dirt
Administrator

Postby Stick » July 29th, 2013, 6:23 pm

Message me when future development begins. I grew up in Columbus, and know that river bed/valley like the back of my hand. I also have chainsaws of all sizes at the ready. I grew up making BMX trails, and had a part in making the moto-cross track that was once down there at Kronner bridge.
Stick

Postby colin » July 28th, 2014, 11:54 am

Anything happening around here? Rode it a while ago and looked promising I was hoping to help but haven't heard anything.
colin

Postby momills155 » September 9th, 2014, 2:08 pm

I heard about a trail system this summer at Columbus County park, I then searching online. Been riding twice a week since then being only 5 min from my house. It is overgrown and I needed to bring the trail map that was put online to be able to find where I was suppose to be the first couple weekends. Doesn't seem like too many folks are out there?? It is a cool system so far but there is a ton of potential with the ridge running through that has yet to be developed. I would defiantly be willing to help.
momills155

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments