Western: Cannon Township MTB Trail

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: WMMBA: Cannon Township MTB Trail

Postby 3M TA3 » November 10th, 2011, 1:33 pm

anyone know if night riding is allowed on this trail?
3M TA3

Postby cramer » November 10th, 2011, 2:02 pm

It's not disallowed. I think if we want to keep it that way, be respectful, etc. and try to ride it at a reasonable hour. Riding it at midnight is more likely to get the negative attention of the people living around there than at 10:00 or earlier- where it's actually light during the summer months at that same time.
cramer

Postby yamaha13 » November 11th, 2011, 9:17 pm

Rode the new trail tonight mostly in the dark but what a perfect trail to ride in the dark, very small climbs, not to technical perfect for the entire family to ride day or night. Trail is about a 1 1/2 miles long. Can't wait to add it to Trifecta course in the spring.
yamaha13

Postby cramer » January 3rd, 2012, 1:13 am

Rode it tonight in the snow. The trail is doing well and it was easy to follow. Many trees down though, at least three, maybe four, some big ones too. I will get to them when I'm able, if anyone else can help, let me know.
cramer

Postby yamaha13 » January 4th, 2012, 9:31 pm

Rode the trail tonight, cleared paths around the two big trees, may want to leave it that way adds character to the trail. The third tree is a fairly small one. Cyclocross style dismount needed. Hard packed and fast.
yamaha13

Postby BigGear » March 26th, 2012, 5:54 pm

Finally got on this trail. It's great that it's inbetween cannonsburg and luton. Nexted time I might take the paved trail that goes to richmond park to get to cannonsburg. I like this option better than meyers lake between M44 and west river, alot of drivers don't look for bike on that road.
BigGear

Postby cramer » October 6th, 2012, 4:52 pm

This trail doesn't get as much traffic so it took a little longer to firm up and get faster / pack down the bumps but it's pretty decent now. I'm planning a trail work day tentatively for Oct. 20th at 9:00 AM. Trail needs trimming and I want to work on some berms on the longest downhill to make it faster. Would also like to add a jump somewhere and maybe a tech feature but haven't decided exactly where yet. I'll post up more details later.
cramer

Postby cramer » July 27th, 2013, 9:02 pm

Got out there today with my family for a few hours. Took advantage of some great "working weather" with the unusually cool temps. Cleared the downed branches and trees, trimmed the face and knee slappers and I trimmed all of the tall grass and weeds at the start and finish. Should be good to go now.

Reminder- this trail makes a great staging area for people combining Luton with Ski / Game area trails. Centrally located with a nice paved parking lot, nice public restrooms and drinking fountain on the east side of township building, plus a grocery store across the street that sells good beer. Hopefully we'll have a covered picnic area built in the next year or two on the same property.
cramer

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions