NMMBA: VASA Singletrack

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: NMMBA: VASA Singletrack

Postby c0nsumer » August 16th, 2016, 6:23 pm

SloMo wrote:I'm assuming the pathway is a completely different thing then the singletrack. I am looking for the singletrack.

They intersect, but are different. For the single track park off of Supply Rd.
Steve Vigneau
Bald Mountain Trail Coordinator / Addison Oaks Co-Trail Coordinator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer

Postby printenv » August 16th, 2016, 6:49 pm

SloMo wrote:I'm assuming the pathway is a completely different thing then the singletrack. I am looking for the singletrack.

Yes, but they do intersect in a couple of places. I believe at the 13 and 8 km markers.
"One has to be able to adapt to the unexpected, laugh at the absurdly difficult, and find some level of enjoyment at even the toughest times." -- Kurt Refsnider
printenv

Postby SloMo » August 16th, 2016, 7:13 pm

Unless I am completely misreading my maps, the Supply Rd lot will not start me off at marker 1?
Follow me on Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/9205583
2015 Specialized Stumpjumper Carbon WC
2016 Specialized Diverge Elite DSW
SloMo

Postby printenv » August 16th, 2016, 8:27 pm

SloMo wrote:Unless I am completely misreading my maps, the Supply Rd lot will not start me off at marker 1?

Sorry, those are the markers on the Vasa Pathway that intersect with the Singletrack.
"One has to be able to adapt to the unexpected, laugh at the absurdly difficult, and find some level of enjoyment at even the toughest times." -- Kurt Refsnider
printenv

Postby Nelg » August 17th, 2016, 7:42 am

Correct. Pathway = two track width non-motorized trail with trailhead off Bartlett road. You'll actually cross is a couple times riding the singletrack and you can even access it from Supply Road if you ride down perch lake road to where it crosses.

Since the thread is about the VST I figured it was a safe assumption you wanted the singletrack.
NMMBA Past President
http://facebook.com/nmmba
Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the stance nor representative of the MMBA or NMMBA.
Nelg

Postby SloMo » August 17th, 2016, 7:46 am

You assumed correctly. I had some confusion with my maps. I was looking at the map for VASA Pathway and thinking it was the VST, even though in GIANT font at the top it says VASA PATHWAY. Which is why I had a question about parking. But alas, I figured it out and should be there (VST) Friday after Arcadia.
Follow me on Strava: https://www.strava.com/athletes/9205583
2015 Specialized Stumpjumper Carbon WC
2016 Specialized Diverge Elite DSW
SloMo

Previous

Return to Trail Conditions