NMMBA: VASA Singletrack

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: NMMBA: VASA Singletrack

Postby Nelg » July 8th, 2015, 7:29 am

mrbikester wrote:My wife and I rode trail on Monday and it had been a couple years since we were there. Loved the newer reroutes which has eliminated most of the real sandy and rooty areas that were always badly washed out. The trail sure flows nice and for someone that doesn't feel like doing lots of hills this is the best choice when up north.
Looking forward to riding this trail again on next trip.
Note: tree down across trail at about mile 11.

Thanks for the kudos, we have another re-route to do this summer which will make it even better.

How big is the tree?
NMMBA Past President
Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the stance nor representative of the MMBA or NMMBA.

Postby mrbikester » July 8th, 2015, 11:30 am

Tree across the trail is about 10" diameter and someone did put smaller logs on each side so it can be ridden over but not sure how stable it is. We opted on side of safety and walked over it. It's an old dead pine tree trunk.

Postby bikeguy4life » July 9th, 2015, 8:33 am

I agree, the new reroutes are terrific and were much needed - that sandy, rooty, washed out section 2k from the end that was replaced really needed to go! Nelg: what section of trail is this summer's reroute going to replace and when will the trail day be?
2013 Niner EMD
2009 Vassago Jabberwocky SS
2013 Giant TCR SL4

Postby slukomski » August 15th, 2015, 8:14 pm

I'm camping at Timber Ridge and rode it today for the first time. What a fun trail. Nothing hard, but plenty of places to put a smile on your face. Trail was clear and dry today....will try to do a couple laps in the morning.
2012 Scott Scale 29 Elite

Postby black2003ss » September 16th, 2015, 10:36 pm

You guys certainly have been busy this summer! Great re-routes, the trail is in much better shape than years past.

There was a tree down across the trail that required a hike a bike, want to say somewhere after 9 or 10 maybe? Sorry, I forgot to mark it down. It had two trunks about waist high off the trail.

Postby printenv » September 24th, 2015, 10:18 pm

I believe the tree is down just past marker 11.
"One has to be able to adapt to the unexpected, laugh at the absurdly difficult, and find some level of enjoyment at even the toughest times." -- Kurt Refsnider

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments