CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

For posting trail-specific conditions and problems

Re: CRAMBA: Addison Oaks

Postby utabintarbo » May 6th, 2013, 10:58 am

PK wrote:Lloyd rode it Saturday and was able to leave the park with a still-clean bike...Only a couple of spots on the Lk George 2-track were soft.

Pete.

Given that report, I'd say it is provisionally "Open". I will try to stop out there this week and see if the bypass is ready.

Thanks to Pete and Lloyd! :D
utabintarbo

Postby wspfan » May 6th, 2013, 5:01 pm

Rode last night and was near perfect EXCEPT the last 20' of 2 track along Lk. George. Was still a little moist there, but bike was clean. All but that section were either summer dry or fast and tacky. The moist section was pretty tore up.

First ride of the season there was a good one!
wspfan

Postby Rock N' Rolla » May 6th, 2013, 7:39 pm

My first Addison ride of the year. I came in off of Lake George. The trail was awesome at 4pm Tacky and fast. One spot was muddy but it was hardening up well. I didnt sink . It look as though the park drove a tractor over it to mat down some ruts.Came up on Pauly on the Bridge, he was replacing some planks.Nice meeting you Sir. I passed another rider on my 2nd lap as i was back tracking to see where to pick up this re-rount( it was firm and dry).
From the tracks, it looks like you enter the re-route from the horse trail? I came at it from the two track from Lk Grg.
Also Is there another re-route in the works? I saw some crushed gravel on what lookeed like an incomplete section to the left of the trail before the 5.5 mile marker.Hopefully, I'll get out there again tomorrow morning before work in the afternoon.
Rock N' Rolla

Postby utabintarbo » May 7th, 2013, 7:00 am

Yes, we did a re-route starting at the end of the Lake George 2-track, but it was still a bit squishy as of last evening and there's a low tree across the trail right towards the beginning. I will get the park to deal with the tree and some signage and open up that reroute soon.
utabintarbo

Postby FLIPMODES » May 14th, 2013, 3:00 pm

Rode Addison for the first time this afternoon. Almost perfect trail conditions and had a blast. Love the last few miles. Only 1 small 20" diameter puddle off to the side of the trail around the 5.5 mile mark. Everything else was tacky/dry.
2010 Trek Fuel EX 7
2012 Trek X-Cal 29er
FLIPMODES

Postby lawn dart » May 14th, 2013, 8:30 pm

Addison is definitely ready for Prime Time. No standing water anywhere on the trail this evening, just 4-5 areas of "taffy".

Watch for a 5" leaning tree at about 3 1/2 mile and a couple of helmet slappers.

There has been continuing work done on the trail, all for the better. The lines in many corners are opening up a bit. Very fun!
lawn dart

Postby utabintarbo » May 14th, 2013, 9:03 pm

Have you guys tried the re-route at the end of the Lake George 2-track, or just turn left onto the connector? I ask because the park opened up the fence there, but didn't change the signage yet.
utabintarbo

Postby lawn dart » May 15th, 2013, 5:29 pm

I rode the re-route backwards (missed the "entrance"), then turned around and rode it the correct way. It is still pretty raw. And soft in the grassy areas. But it should be pretty fun and fast once a line starts to develop.

On the second lap I made a point of remembering where the re-route entrance was... and STILL missed it. It really needs a sign.
lawn dart

Postby utabintarbo » May 16th, 2013, 6:24 am

lawn dart wrote:On the second lap I made a point of remembering where the re-route entrance was... and STILL missed it. It really needs a sign.

I'll see what I can do.
utabintarbo

Postby utabintarbo » May 19th, 2013, 7:19 pm

Addison is very nice right now. With the exception of a few face-slappers, it is just about perfect.
utabintarbo

Postby PK » May 20th, 2013, 5:13 am

This year's re-route could benefit from a leaking bottle of Round Up being transported on a golf cart. :wink:

Plenty of "Pauly scrapings" out there... He's an elusive type to spot....I think he uses the cover of darkness to implement his trail workings. :twisted:
Thanks Pauly!

Pete.
PK

Postby utabintarbo » May 20th, 2013, 6:27 am

PK wrote:This year's re-route could benefit from a leaking bottle of Round Up being transported on a golf cart. :wink:

Plenty of "Pauly scrapings" out there... He's an elusive type to spot....I think he uses the cover of darkness to implement his trail workings. :twisted:
Thanks Pauly!

Pete.

Agreed. And did you notice the shoring up of the "sea-wall" just before the *beep* rock, and the rationalized routing of the uphill left turn just before that? He even had a couple of little signs warning about the trail work. Damned fine work! :icon_thumleft:
utabintarbo

Postby mtb_frk » May 20th, 2013, 7:55 am

It was nice out there Saturday, other than the few face slappers.
mtb_frk

Postby chris_werth » May 20th, 2013, 10:59 am

utabintarbo wrote:Have you guys tried the re-route at the end of the Lake George 2-track, or just turn left onto the connector? I ask because the park opened up the fence there, but didn't change the signage yet.

That section brings back some great memories. We need to get more traffic on it that it for sure. It's not much of a trail right now, kinda more of a overgrown 2 track section.

I put a small pink ribbon at the entrance to new connector trail heading over to the cell tower, I rode right past it on my first lap. Look for it on your right.
http://www.dubzbikesandboards.com

To "come back" would mean I've been somewhere.....not sure if I qualify. W.S 2013
chris_werth

Postby utabintarbo » May 21st, 2013, 6:26 am

chris_werth wrote:I put a small pink ribbon at the entrance to new connector trail heading over to the cell tower, I rode right past it on my first lap. Look for it on your right.

I rode past it myself, and I put it there! :roll:

Thanks for the marking! :D
utabintarbo

PreviousNext

Return to Trail Conditions & Comments