marzocchi rear shock rebuild?

For all issues relating to technical trails, riding, and advocacy

marzocchi rear shock rebuild?

Postby thormxboy132 » May 4th, 2011, 4:48 pm

Not sure if this is the right area to post this but i did not see any tech pages. I just picked up an 09' kona stinky deluxe and it has the Marzocchi roco TST R and it is already leaking from top adjuster on the remote reservoir. After some research this sounds like a common problem with these shocks. My question is should i have this shock rebuilt and if so where can i get this done at? I live in ludington MI and shipping out to somewhere is not an issue I want this done right so I don't half to do it again soon. I was also looking at replacing it with something else, ether the Fox DHX or Rock Shox Vivid. Any imput will help me out greatly guys.

Also on a side note I am a new (biker) to Michigan and looking for some area to ride and some riding buddys, I have looked at Boyne and herd theres some good stuff around TC. If any one wants to ride or knows of good area to go let me know Have fun out there!

thormxboy132

Re: marzocchi rear shock rebuild?

Postby Jerry68 » May 4th, 2011, 7:47 pm

Send Marzocchi an e-mail and they'll tell you the closest "Authorized Service" location...
Pisgah Area Sorba
Fortitudine Vincimus
Jerry68

Postby Conman » May 5th, 2011, 7:27 am

I would guess that shipping it out would guarantee it got done right over taking a chance locally. I used to live an hour away from these guys, and always heard a lot of good things: http://www.mtbsuspensionexperts.com/
Conman

Postby Jerry68 » May 5th, 2011, 12:10 pm

Conman wrote:I would guess that shipping it out would guarantee it got done right over taking a chance locally. I used to live an hour away from these guys, and always heard a lot of good things: http://www.mtbsuspensionexperts.com/

I plan on soon living a half hour away from them :P and yes, I too have heard good things about them.
Pisgah Area Sorba
Fortitudine Vincimus
Jerry68

Postby 300hp » May 5th, 2011, 7:16 pm

Have it converted to SSV dampening by avalanche downhill racing. They are bar none my favorite group to work with. You'll get a shock set up for the kind of downhill riding you want to do. Contact them, you won't regret it.

Hunter
300hp

Return to Freeride