Ride ride ride ....

Where to ask questions on riding skills, training, nutrition, and bike repair

Re: Ride ride ride ....

Postby balexander87 » June 4th, 2013, 9:39 am

bax wrote:Thanks to all that responded, heading out to do 20 tonight. 8)

How'd it go?
balexander87

Postby bax » June 4th, 2013, 8:27 pm

balexander87 wrote:

How'd it go?

I know it's not a tough trail, but convience, and the fact I'm just starting to increase my mileage, I did 1 Blue and 2 Yellow loops at ILRA. I tried breathing deeper, more controlled, and did'nt stop. I took a couple days off and went back for 2 Blue and 1 Yellow - no stops. My average mph for this ride was 13.5, it was around 23.5 miles. Recently went out to Highland and did ABCD - no stops, never have done that. The breathing has helped, as has starting out slow. I seem to hit a "zone" where I'm feeling like I can go for miles. There really is something to the miles in terms of the "fatigue" I feel after a longer ride, it is helping. I'm going to continue mixing the harder trails with rides at ILRA for a bit and see how I progress. Thanks for your intrest. 8)
bax

Postby rvd » June 4th, 2013, 8:52 pm

If you can ride highland ABCD without taking a break you are in good shape; no matter the speed you rode it at. You may not win beginner class (highland doesn't train for necessary speed), but having a good (enjoyable) time at iceman? No problem!
rvd

Postby balexander87 » June 4th, 2013, 9:09 pm

bax wrote:
balexander87 wrote:

How'd it go?

I know it's not a tough trail, but convience, and the fact I'm just starting to increase my mileage, I did 1 Blue and 2 Yellow loops at ILRA. I tried breathing deeper, more controlled, and did'nt stop. I took a couple days off and went back for 2 Blue and 1 Yellow - no stops. My average mph for this ride was 13.5, it was around 23.5 miles. Recently went out to Highland and did ABCD - no stops, never have done that. The breathing has helped, as has starting out slow. I seem to hit a "zone" where I'm feeling like I can go for miles. There really is something to the miles in terms of the "fatigue" I feel after a longer ride, it is helping. I'm going to continue mixing the harder trails with rides at ILRA for a bit and see how I progress. Thanks for your intrest. 8)

No problem :-) Glad to hear it's going well. Life has been keeping me off the trails of late, so I'm having to live vicariously! Thanks for the stoke!
balexander87

Postby iamkickstand » June 4th, 2013, 9:53 pm

Don't let him fool you. Bax is fast. He just bonked one day and thought he was out of shape.
iamkickstand

Previous

Return to Tips, Training & Techniques