Lowered pressures

Where to ask questions on riding skills, training, nutrition, and bike repair

Re: Lowered pressures

Postby mr_opjones » May 28th, 2013, 10:07 am

Oh snap, you're posting in Red, *beep* just got SERIOUS! I posted in all caps to emote my seriousness.
GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE!!

Replace Why with How
mr_opjones

Postby iamkickstand » May 28th, 2013, 10:11 am

mr_opjones wrote:Oh snap, you're posting in Red, *beep* just got SERIOUS! I posted in all caps to emote my seriousness.

Ummm, I posted in red to respond inline with the quote.

Sorry, I didn't know how seriously you took trying to be a troll.
iamkickstand

Postby mr_opjones » May 28th, 2013, 10:27 am

Careful calling out Trolls. With yourself being a Troll and calling out other Trolls, we could see an upset in the space–time continuum that would result in all of us being sucked into a black hole.

Replace Why with How
mr_opjones

Postby bikerector » May 28th, 2013, 11:14 am

Can we get a "stir the pot" emoticon on here? Or the "popcorn" one I've seen on other forums?

iamkickstand does have a tendency to try and get things riled up, but it can be entertaining while wasting time at work because there's nothing to do after a holiday weekend. At least he admits it. Pretty sure I called him a troll at one point in the Barry-Roubaix thread a few months ago. He just has too much time on his hands during the day or just likes getting people riled up.

Careful calling out Trolls. With yourself being a Troll and calling out other Trolls, we could see an upset in the space–time continuum that would result in all of us being sucked into a black hole.

Comes to mind.
"Life is what we make it"
http://www.cyclingandsuffering.com
bikerector

Postby Friend Or Foe » May 28th, 2013, 11:36 am

why is it that these type of threads almost always turns into some tool insisting that he is 100% right & everyone else is wrong!

just for the record, i started running tubes, tried running tubeless with poor results, & switched back to tubes with virtually zero problems since. as such, any of you tubeless guys are wrong & your opinions are mute. tubed is the ONLY way to go! 8)
Friend Or Foe

Postby iamkickstand » May 28th, 2013, 11:50 am

Just for the record I never said tubes were better. I just said that tubeless wasn't better. Neither is tubes.
iamkickstand

Postby bikerector » May 28th, 2013, 12:16 pm

iamkickstand wrote:Just for the record I never said tubes were better. I just said that tubeless wasn't better. Neither is tubes.

That's because tubular is the bestest setup. Not quite tubeless, not quite tubed, all of the awesomeness. Even lets you play arts and crafts by gluing the tire to the rim.

It has to be the best because it's the most expensive setup you can buy. <---- (That's my science based opinion) You always get you pay for.
bikerector

Postby c0nsumer » May 28th, 2013, 12:20 pm

bikerector wrote:
iamkickstand wrote:Just for the record I never said tubes were better. I just said that tubeless wasn't better. Neither is tubes.

That's because tubular is the bestest setup. Not quite tubeless, not quite tubed, all of the awesomeness. Even lets you play arts and crafts by gluing the tire to the rim.

It has to be the best because it's the most expensive setup you can buy. <---- (That's my science based opinion) You always get you pay for.

If you would please buy me some nice tubular rims and some of the tubular Racing Ralphs I'll be glad to tell you what I discover.
Steve Vigneau
Big Ring Coffee MTB Racing
CRAMBA-IMBA Chairperson
River Bends Park Co-Trail Coordinator
MMBA Website / Forum Administrator

Unless otherwise stated the content of my posts are my opinion and should not be taken as the official stance of, nor representative of, the MMBA nor CRAMBA-IMBA.
c0nsumer
Administrator

Postby bikerector » May 28th, 2013, 12:44 pm

c0nsumer wrote:
bikerector wrote:

If you would please buy me some nice tubular rims and some of the tubular Racing Ralphs I'll be glad to tell you what I discover.

Only if you're comfortable running road tubular rims, I'm too cheap for the options available for mtb tubulars. Geax has some tires on sale, you would be getting those if I'm buying.
bikerector

Postby selma757575 » May 28th, 2013, 12:50 pm

Wow! You called me a troll ! Now I am mad! :evil:

Obviously anything we say to Kick Stand is wrong and he is right! You go ahead and run tubes but don't expect me to stop and help you with a flat! :lol: Because I don't carry tubes!

I think I am done with this thread! Enough trolling for this thread onto the next! Someone start one on tires! Oh man that one could go on for years! I bet kick stand has the best scientifically proven combo ever!! :lol:
selma757575

Postby mr_opjones » May 28th, 2013, 12:51 pm

Classic fence straddler

Replace Why with How
mr_opjones

Postby Doc_d » May 28th, 2013, 12:53 pm

I have both. Does tubeless have an advantage in performance? If it does I suspect that it amounts to seconds per lap. With that being said, I've beat people or been beaten by people by less than a second in races.

So I will run tubeless on a bike I'm racing. On a bike I'm not racing I'll run it tubed or tubeless depending which way it comes from the factory. I think it's silly for a recreational rider to spend big bucks (and lots of hassle) to covert from tubed to tubeless. I'm guessing in a double blind test the vast majority of riders could not tell if they were riding on tubes or tubeless.
Doc_d

Postby b_b » May 28th, 2013, 1:49 pm

Which way is better for iceman?
b_b

Postby i69whitey » May 28th, 2013, 2:54 pm

Doc_d wrote: I'm guessing in a double blind test the vast majority of riders could not tell if they were riding on tubes or tubeless.

I'm in! Strictly in the name of science.
Blindfolded @ Highland!
Who's with me?
"...So whether you have got 29-, 26- or 20-inch wheels, whether you ride XC or DH, whether you've got boobs or balls, i hear you. Let's go ride." - Rachel Atherton
"Ride your bike, sleep when your dead." - dirt
http://thehubofdetroit.org/
i69whitey

Postby iamkickstand » May 28th, 2013, 3:15 pm

i69whitey wrote:
Doc_d wrote: I'm guessing in a double blind test the vast majority of riders could not tell if they were riding on tubes or tubeless.

I'm in! Strictly in the name of science.
Blindfolded @ Highland!
Who's with me?

Can we go backwards and at night?
iamkickstand

PreviousNext

Return to Tips, Training & Techniques