Shoulder pain while riding

Where to ask questions on riding skills, training, nutrition, and bike repair

Shoulder pain while riding

Postby vintagefisher » April 22nd, 2013, 7:39 am

Alright, I have been having some pain while riding (and after riding as well) for the last year while riding. Enough so that yesterday was my first ride on my trail bike that was more thatn 3 miles this year. I only road like 10 miles but i already have a bit of pain on the inside of my shoulder blade in the muscle. I think it has something to do with my handlebar/stem geo. I have a truvativ Noir carbon bar that is something like 15mm rise 5 degree up sweep9 degree back sweep and about 650mm. Also have a 105mm stem with a 6 deg rise that i flipped this year hoping that it would help but i saw now difference. I have ergon grips with the small bar ends as well that i use. I find this issue very interesting considering i injured my left shoulder pretty good a year and a half ago and have no real issues with that one at all, but the shoulder that i am currently having problems with is the one that i have not hurt via any injury that i recal. I dont remember having this ussue before last year as well. I happend to change my bars fron the stock Ritchey Mountain Rizer OS, 31.8 O? x 20mm rise x 670mm. Could my issue lie in the upsweep and backsweep of my current handlebar? I will look around in the near future for a different handlebar that is closer to my old one (i no longer have it) to see if that helps at all as well.
'09 Bianchi Sok 29 SS Niner carbon and blunts
vintagefisher

Return to Tips, Training & Techniques