Krampus

Where to ask questions on riding skills, training, nutrition, and bike repair

Krampus

Postby G.Cook » March 6th, 2013, 6:48 pm

Thinking of a Krampus SS build to replace my Rig. Opinions ?
G.Cook

Re: Krampus

Postby Jerry68 » March 10th, 2013, 9:28 am

I think unless you have the frame, or have one on order, you will be waiting a whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiile :evil:
Pisgah Area Sorba
Fortitudine Vincimus
Jerry68

Postby Sortaslow » March 10th, 2013, 9:40 pm

Whenever I get to hit dirt on it, I'll let you know how I like the ss on this.
Sortaslow

Postby Sortaslow » May 3rd, 2013, 8:51 pm

G.Cook wrote:I'm hoping it will be a good replacement for my GF Rig. I'm waiting for the dirt to dry so Sortaslow can give me some feed back.

First ride tonight. A bad tubeless valve on my krampus has kept me on my other bikes until now.

The bad:
Yup, you'll feel the slight extra effort to spool up those big ass wheels. But once you get going.....

The good:
Overall weight (26 lb 3oz.) is not too bad, but I'm running carbon bars and seatpost, aluminum chainring and cog, tubeless 120tpi knards and ss.

Steering is somehow fast. Maybe it's my 60mm stem?

This thing is smooooth. Those tires are root and rock monsters. Log piles are a joke. It eats the trail. Seriously. It's that comfy of a rigid bike.

As mentioned, mine is set up ss. Love it like that, but 1x would be awesome in this bike, and to answer your question, would make a *beep* of an all around bike for mi trails.

Hitting loose gravel, sand, etc. at the end of a downhill into a turn is no problem. Turning grip is unreal. It's faster than my comfort level- meaning I was entering corners much faster than I'm used too, so I'd freak a little mid corner and brake. Toward the end of my ride, I was just letting it go and do its thing. Fun!

Carbon wheels in this thing would be mad!
Sortaslow

Previous

Return to Tips, Training & Techniques