New Trail @ Hillsdale College Almost Complete

Everything related to mountain biking that's not covered in the forums below

New Trail @ Hillsdale College Almost Complete

Postby Guschaos » September 28th, 2012, 9:02 am

The loop is located at Hayden Park. Hillsdale College's 200 acre Fitness Park Located at 1620 Barber Drive, Hillsdale Michigan 49242. Which is in Southern Mid Michigan.

I've been working on this trail for the last year. When complete it will be about an 8 mile loop. Currently a 7 mile loop is complete and ride able with all kinds of varying terrain, Fast flats, steep climbs, Large and small Rock gardens, Off Camber corners, Long grinding climbs, and some more difficult descents. I plan to finish the last branch of the trail with in the next two months.

For those of you on Facebook, please like the facebook page for the trail to learn about all of the updates and goings on for this trail.

https://www.facebook.com/MountainBikeTrailAtHillsdaleCollege

I call it a Mountain bikers, Mountain bike trail. There are good flowey sections, and tight twisty sections. I'd call it a cross between Pontiac Lake and Maybury. One rider said that it reminds them of a better marked Heritage park in Adrian. Another person said that it's more fun then the New Merrel Trail.

Come out and take a spin on a great new trail.
http://www.emich.edu/studentorgs/cycling/

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."
--Robert Frost--
Guschaos

Re: New Trail @ Hillsdale College Almost Complete

Postby mrbeau78 » September 28th, 2012, 10:37 am

Crap. My son just entered Freshman year at Hope College in Holland. Hillsdale was another choice. I'll get in trouble for saying this...but as far as I know, there's no good trails very close to Holland.

I would have influenced that choice if I knew about this new trail at Hillsdale!
mrbeau78

Postby MLKuhl » September 28th, 2012, 12:11 pm

Nice!! Was planning on checking it out last weekend but didn't make it. Will have to get down there soon.

Matt
MLKuhl

Postby b_b » September 28th, 2012, 2:51 pm

I hear they also have a bad azz mtb team....
b_b

Postby BLOOMIS914 » September 28th, 2012, 3:13 pm

Holland is 20-30 minutes from GR via the conector where there are numerous trails including the new Merrell Trail
"Speed doesn't kill, it is the sudden stop that gets you"
BLOOMIS914

Postby MLKuhl » October 6th, 2012, 2:54 pm

Got down there today for a ride. Ended up doing 3 laps totaling about 22 miles, my legs are cooked! This is a great trail that just needs some traffic on it to help wear it in. Has a little bit of everything.. tight twisty single track, alot of climbing, fast descents, wide open 2 track, logs, and tough rock gardens! This is a pretty tough trail that is very well marked. I just wasn't quite sure where to park my car. Great job and thankyou to everyone who made this trail happen, always a good thing to see new trails pop up!

Matt
MLKuhl

Postby AllMountin' » October 6th, 2012, 7:23 pm

Thanks for the report. Will definitely aim to get down here before the snow flies.

Appreciate the hard work Gus.
--=Steve=--

Tom Robbins wrote:It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
AllMountin'

Postby selma757575 » October 7th, 2012, 10:38 am

Awesome looking trail! I am located by Tecumseh and will defiantly be checking out this trail! Looks like a lot of fun! Do you guys over there have any evening rides planned?
selma757575

Postby MLKuhl » October 7th, 2012, 4:44 pm

I was thinking the same thing, group ride would be a great way to wear the trail in. I can pretty much only do weekends though.

Matt
MLKuhl

Return to General