The Recreation Passport is your $10 ticket to Michigan’s pure outdoors. If you like to explore the hundreds of ways to relax and play in Michigan’s outdoors, the Recreation Passport benefits you!
Beginning October 1, 2010, the $10 Recreation Passport replaces the state park sticker. To get your Recreation Passport, just check “YES” on your license plate renewal form. Your $10 gets you into all 98 state parks and recreation areas. As a bonus, your money helps preserve:
- 133 state forest campgrounds
- Nearly 1,000 miles of hiking, biking and skiing trails
- More than 1,000 boat launches
- Historic and cultural sites in state parks
- Parks in your own community
Help Protect Michigan’s Outdoor Recreation Spaces for Generations to Come!
When you check “YES” for your Recreation Passport, your $10 will help keep campgrounds open, trails maintained and outdoor recreation available for a lifetime of enjoyment. When you check “YES” for the Passport, you’re supporting a more than $1 billion industry in Michigan and saying “YES” to our remarkable quality of life.
Get your Recreation Passport. It’s only $10—a good deal for you that means a GREAT deal to future generations. Check “YES” when you renew your license plate for every vehicle, every year.
Effective October 1, 2010:
- The Recreation Passport replaces the state park sticker.
- Motorcycle Passports are just $5.
- Camping fees will remain in effect for state parks and in state forests.
- The Recreation Passport is valid for the duration of your license plate registration.
Visit www.michigan.gov/recreationpassport for more information.